From eRepublik Official Wiki
- 1. The official name of the State is Romania. Romania is a sovereign, independent, unitary and indivisible National State.
- 2. The form of government of the Romanian State is a Republic.
- 3. Romania is a democratic and social state, governed by the rule of law, in which human dignity, the citizens' rights and freedoms, the free development of human personality, justice and political pluralism represent supreme values.
- 4. The national sovereignty shall reside within the Romanian people, that shall exercise it by means of their representative bodies, resulting from free, periodical and fair elections, as well as by referendum.
- 5. No group or person may exercise sovereignty in one's own name.
- 6. The recognized official language is Romanian.
- 7. Any persons residing in Romania are officially recognized as Romanian citizens.
- 8. Loyalty to the State is a political duty of all citizens.
- 9. All citizens must abide by the laws of the State.
- 10. Territory - The territory of Romania is inalienable. The territory is organized administratively into towns and counties.
- 11. Pluralism and political parties
- (1) Pluralism in the Romanian society is a condition and guarantee of constitutional democracy.
- (2) Political parties shall be constituted and shall pursue their activities in accordance with the law. They contribute to the definition and expression of the political will of the citizens, while observing national sovereignty, territorial integrity, the legal order and the principles of democracy.
- 12. National symbols The flag of Romania is tricolour; the colours are arranged vertically in the following order from the flag-pole: blue, yellow, red.
- 13. The Capital of Romania is the Municipality of Bucharest.
Rights of the Citizens
- 14. All citizens enjoy the rights and freedoms granted to them by the Constitution, and have the duties laid down thereby.
- 15. The law shall only act for the future, except for the more favourable criminal or administrative law. Every citizen is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination. without any privilege or discrimination.
- 16. No one is above the law.
- 17. The right of access to public, civil, or military positions or dignities shall be granted, according to the law, to persons whose citizenship is Romanian and whose domicile is in Romania.
- 18. All citizens have the right to one (1) anonymous vote per election and the right to one (1) public vote per referendum.
- 19. All citizens have the right to form political parties, associations, and unions (which will take the form of a political party in Erepublik). These groups cannot, however, violate the rights of another citizen.
- 20. All citizens have the right to live free of harassment by another citizen. Harassment is defined as the words, conduct or action, repeated or persistent that, being directed at a specific person, annoys, alarms, or causes substantial emotional distress in that person and serves no purpose.
- 21. The right of free movement within the national territory and abroad is guaranteed. The law shall lay down the conditions for the exercise of this right. Every citizen is guaranteed the right to establish his domicile or residence anywhere in the country, to emigrate, and to return to his country.
- 22. The public authorities shall respect and protect the real intimate, family and private life.
- 23. Any natural person has the right to freely dispose of himself unless by this he infringes on the rights and freedoms of others, on public order or morals.
- 24. The right to work shall not be restricted. Everyone has a free choice of his/her profession, trade or occupation, as well as workplace.
- 25. The right of property, as well as the debts incurring on the State, are guaranteed. The content and limitations of these rights shall be established by law.
- 26. Free access of persons to economic activity, free enterprise, and their exercise under the law shall be guaranteed.
- 27. Citizens have the right to address the public authorities by petitions formulated only in the name of the signatories.
- 28. Citizens have the right and duty to defend Romania.
- 29. Citizens are under the obligation to contribute to public expenditure, by taxes and duties.
- 30. The legal taxation system must ensure a fair distribution of the tax burden.
- 31. The President is the Head of State and shall perform the duties conferred upon him by Erepublik and this Constitution.
- 32. A political party can nominate only one (1) candidate for the presidential elections. This candidate has to be the president of the party.
- 33. A President may hold six (6) offices. These may or may not be consecutive. After holding six (6) offices that person is not eligible to present himself as a presidential candidate or hold the presidential office again.
- 34. If two-thirds (2/3) of Congress vote to disallow a President from holding office after his term expires, the President must respect and abide by this decision.
- 35. The President shall have the right to create or dissolve by proposition the government-sanctioned ministries. If the Congress votes in favor of the proposition with a simple majority, then the ministries are created or dissolved. The President reserves the sole right to appoint and dismiss ministers as he sees fit. The President must state the duties of the ministers in his newspaper.
- 36. The President is the supreme commander of the Romanian military. The president may appoint any number of officers to assist in this duty. All officers are under the command of the president and must report to him.
- 37. Subject to this Constitution, additional powers may be conferred upon the President by law.
- 38. The president shall appoint a vice president by clearly stating his choice in his newspaper. The vice president can be any citizen, and his only duty will be to assume the role of President in the event that the current President is banned from Erepublik.
- 39. War shall only be declared with the approval of two-thirds (2/3) of Congress. The President or any congressman has the right to propose war against another nation.
- 40. In the event of invasion, the President may take any measures necessary for the protection of Romania.
- 41. Only Congress has the right to introduce and pass tax bills. Any congressman may introduce a bill, and upon agreement of Congress with a simple majority, that bill will become law.
- 42. No bill may infringe upon the rights of citizens or any other article in this Constitution.
- 43. Mayors have the powers conferred upon them by Erepublik. A Mayor may hold six (6) offices in one region. These may or may not be consecutive. After holding six (6) offices that person is not eligible to present himself as a mayor candidate or hold the mayor office again in that region.
- 44. All Presidents, Ministers and Mayors are to vow upon abiding from any act that may be considered high treason, by signing a dedicated contract in the specific section of the in-game forum within 72 hours from being installed in the function.
- 45. Romania affirms its devotion to the ideal of peace and friendly co-operation amongst nations.
- 46. Romania affirms its adherence to the principle of the pacific settlement of international disputes.
- 47. The President, with the agreement of Congress, shall have the power to ratify international agreements. The agreement will be valid after a simple majority vote.
- 48. Treason shall be defined as assisting any State or person or inciting or conspiring with any person to levy war against the State, or attempting to overthrow the organs of government established by this Constitution, or taking part or being concerned in or inciting or conspiring with any person to make or to take part or be concerned in any such attempt.
The Courts and Attorney General
- 49. The Attorney General shall be appointed by the President. His duties shall involve those set out in this Constitution and by law. The President many dismiss and appoint a new Attorney General at any time, at his discretion.
- 50. The Attorney General will have the power to charge a citizen with a violation of the law.
- 51. The Attorney General will prosecute the accused before the Supreme Court of Romania. He may also designate any citizen he chooses to fulfil his role.
- 52. The Supreme Court will consist of five (5) citizens appointed by the President. The judges shall remain in function as long as they are:
- (1) not banned;
- (2) not found guilty for breaking any law;
- (3) not absent from any two consecutive Supreme Court meetings;
- (4) not willing to publicly give up the position in their personal paper;
- (5) confirmed in their position at any presidential mandate beginning.
- 53. In the event of a member of the court being charged with a crime, the President will appoint a temporary fifth judge.
- 54. A verdict of "not guilty" or "guilty" will be determined by a majority vote by the judges. Punishments may also be recommended by the Supreme Court.
- 55. In the event of the president or a mayor being charged with a crime, the Congress will appoint The Attorney General and the 5 members of the Supreme Court to handle this case only. This appointment will be made by a simple vote in the dedicated forum.
- 56. The laws are proposed by the President or any citizen and they must have been signed by 50 citizens in order to be proposed. If a law is proposed by a member of the Congress, it needs only 5 signatures from members of the Congress. If a law is proposed by the President, it does not require any additional signatures.
- 57. The laws are voted by Congress by a simple majority in one of the top newspapers.
- 58. The administrators of Erepublik have the authority to put in effect any part of this Constitution or any laws and decisions deriving from it.
- Every citizen is allowed to create/have a company or buy/have shares at a company or corporation, and must pay his legal taxes to the state.
- Any cooperation between state and a private company or corporation, must be agreed, after a public auction where every company can compete.
- The Competition Committee is the committee formed by companies representatives and civil society representatives. It will issue recommendations on the products price and the salaries politics.
- The Competition Committee will form a set of laws which will establish the relationships between companies and workers, and will form the rights and responsibilities of workers and companies. It will also inform/notify The Supreme Court if one of those rules will not be respected. Every change of the Competition Committee law will be published in the presidential newspaper.
- Romania respects the freedom of the press and the liberty of speech.
- Every article which is not about Erepublik is considered spam. Every newspaper is allowed to publish only 1 spam-article per week.
- Any violation of these rules will be judged at the Supreme Court which will make a decision about the sanction.
Amendments of the Constitution and its Coming into Operation
- 59. Any part of this Constitution may be amended.
- 60. A proposal to amend the Constitution must be initiated by a congressman or the President.
- 61. After being introduced, the proposal to amend the Constitution shall be voted by referendum. The proposal passes if the majority of the citizens that voted are in favor, at which point the Constitution will be changed in the manner set out in the proposal.
- 62. For any referendum (regarding any matter), it is not necessary that 50% of the population votes, only the votes declared in the time period for the referendum counts. The referendums are proposed by the President and the voting period is set also by the President, but it can not be less than 24 hours.
- 63. This Constitution shall come into operation after being supported by the majority of the voters in a referendum and the President publishes the full text in his newspaper. The Constitution will be in effect immediately.
- 64. Every change of constitution, will be followed by a re-publish of the entire text in the newspaper of the president.