Democrats of New Sweden
Democrats of New Sweden was a liberal party located in Sweden. Created in December 2007, it was one of the oldest political parties in Sweden. It was also one of biggest parties of Sweden. A large amount of the member came from the same community, Gamereactor and resultet in a rivalry between them and the member of Flashback Sweden. Democrats of New Sweden often used the acronym DNS. The party was merged with Nationalgardet in January 2010, creating Liberala Vikingar.
Political Agenda (Outdated)
The Democrats of New Sweden favours free-thinking and belives that each individual is capable of making his or her own desicions. The party members are treated as an individual party, where there is no official party program to follow – other than being a liberal. But there are certain points where most members are in agreement of such as lower taxes and not condone of Sweden taking part in any wars that would rob countries of their independance and freedom.
This does not mean that this is a party slit in half. Quite the contrary; it brings members together as they are able to freely express their thoughts. The manifesto can be found here Democrats of New Sweden/Manifest
DNS Information Center
DNS Information Center was the newspaper organ of DNS, publishing articles which provides the public of decisions made in the party, and other needed information.
TemplarPaladin to Leon Pong
Democrats of New Sweden was created by TemplarPaladin in December 2007. The party quickly grew to be among the top five parties of Sweden, and have been ever since. After TemplarPaladin decided to leave the game the party was first lead by Cinc, followed by marten1000 and then Leon Pong. The party followed almost the same social liberal state of mind during this time, although Leon Pong decided to follow it a bit more. Also, during Pong's mandates both the activity and the amount of members grew.
The arrival of the Germans
For the party president elections of August 10, 2008, three leading members of DNS decided to run for the post. Karl Holm, a prominent figure of DNS who had been in the congress on behalf of the party. JosefStark, a well known citizen and also a prominent member of DNS who also had been sitting in the congress on the behalf of the party. And last, DKN, a German that had brought him and himself to DNS because of DNS promoting liberty for the Danish people and the German people. DKN won the election, supposedly because of his fellow Germans voting for him. It started a lot of external and internal debate. Although many prominent figures of DNS first disagreed with DKN leading them, they soon changed their minds and DKN's leadership was accepted internally.
Some external debates were however still being held. Especially one debate never left the air during DKN's mandate; why he wasn't acccepted into Regeringen while most of the DNS congressmen were. Unfortunately the leading political party at the time, Flashback Sweden, after having held Germany hostage under their extreme violence for months, still wouldn't trust DKN and the German people. It struck DNS hard not being able to have their party leader in Regeringen, and it was a huge set back for DNS and the German people.
List of Party Presidents
- TemplarPaladin (January 10, 2008 - April 10, 2008)
- Cinc (April 11, 2008 - May 10, 2008)
- marten1000 (May 11, 2008 - June 10, 2008)
- Leon Pong (June 11, 2008 - July 31, 2008)
- Karl Holm (July 31, 2008 - August 10, 2008)
- DKN (August 11, 2008 - September 10, 2008)
- Karl Holm (September 11, 2008 - September 20, 2008)
- Trisen (September 20, 2008 - September 22, 2008)
- JosefStark (September 22, 2008 - November 15, 2008)
- Gustavius (November 16, 2008 - December 15, 2008)
- Trisen (December 16, 2008 - March 15, 2009 )
- smulle (March 16, 2009 - June 15, 2009)
- Jacob Birchman (June 16, 2009 - July 15, 2009)
- smulle (July 16, 2009 - August 15, 2009)
- Spraetter (August 16, 2009 - September 15, 2009)
- Birchman II (September 16, 2009 - October 15, 2009)
- Trisen (October 16, 2009 - October 26, 2009)
- Maximilian (October 26, 2009 - November 15, 2009)
- Birchman II (November 16, 2009 - December 15, 2009)
- Smulle (December 16, 2009 - ? )