ERepublik Manners and Etiquette
Manners and Etiquette
Perhaps it is because I am in an age bracket that is much higher than most of my fellow eCitizens but I have come to wonder if manners have become a thing of the past. I would like to offer some suggestions. More than likely those that read these presents do not need my little refresher course but possibly there is someone to whom you would like to address this article. If so, feel free to pass it along.
- Having a job is not a right. It is a privilege that is provided by the company owner. If you get hired by someone it would be polite to send the company a thank you note.
- Just like having a job is not a right, neither is having employees. If you own a company then it would be a great thing to send a note to new employees thanking them for choosing your company.
- If you get a raise at work send the owner a note saying "thank you". They could have just let you hang until you asked.
- Before you quit a company talk to your employer and tell them why you are quitting. If it is for more money they might be able to increase your salary.
- If you have to fire someone send them a message telling them why (unless you have already gave them notice due to wellness, etc.)
- If someone sends you gifts or donates something to you send them a thank you note. They were being kind to you. Return the favor.
- Try to avoid using profanity in your articles and shouts. I have removed several "friends" because of profanity. I often want my wife to read articles I find impressive but I do not appreciate her being showered with vulgarities.
- Many of us were taught as far back as elementary school (further back for some of us than for others) that the magic words are "please" and "thank you". They still are. And, did you know? They are still free! That is right! There is no cost in either USD or Gold for the usage of such terms.
- Do not spam other people's articles with links to yours or links to some money making scheme you think is so awesome. If your article was that great it will get readers. If your scheme is that wonderful write your own article about it.
- Follow the old axiom about doing to others as you would want to be done. This is not just idle religious philosophy - it is a fact of life for as sure as you do others wrong - well - kharma is real. It will come back to haunt you. (In other words if you FUBAR then own up to it.)
I am sure there are many others but those few are ones that have crossed my mind recently.
In the words of Bill S. Preston, Esquire, "Be excellent to each other!"
Party On, Dudes!