Government Structure of the Philippines
| The Government of the Philippines
This article is part of the series:
This page is intended as a guide to all Filipino citizens, citizens resident in the Philippines and indeed anyone with an interest in the Filipino nation. Please check the #FAQ section before contacting an individual person or department.
The President of the Philippines (Filipino: Pangulo ng Pilipinas, informally: Presidente ng Pilipinas (derived from Spanish)) is the head of state and government of the Republic of the Philippines. The executive power is vested in the President of the Philippines. This power includes the creation of departments and appointment of department heads and staff.
Departments are listed in the order of foundation, not order of importance or size.
The Department of Defense is responsible for giving the Daily Orders and handle the Armed Forces of the Philippines, under the command of the President.
- Minister: RaymondN
- Vice Minister: Baz III Glow In The Dark III
- Recruiting citizens to the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Issuing orders to the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Supplying food and weapons to the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Giving out Daily Orders to the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- PSF Commander: kb1992
- PMA Commander: RaymondN
- HMP Commander: Vincenzo Roque
- PE Commander: Baz III Glow In The Dark III
- PM Commander: [[Boy Pick Up]
Department of Economics
This department is usually further divided into two departments by the other presidents.
Overall financial responsibility for the Philippines lies with the Department of Finance. Inquiries can be directed either to the Bank of Philippines or to the Minister of Finance. All new payments to be received or claimed from the Philippines government should initially go through the current Filipino President. All existing payments or receipts should go through the Bank of Philippines. The Filipino government would respectfully request that citizens trading in PHP respect the suggest trading prices wherever possible.
- Minister: Liana Paldrov (also Governor of Bank of Philippines)
- Vice Minister:
- Banking of country monies
- All payments/revenues for official Philippine government organizations
- Control of the rate of PHP to GOLD and GOLD to PHP
- Money Market trading on behalf of the Philippines Government
- Bring taxes to suitable levels that will allow cash flow for the government
The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for making sure all Filipinos and visiting citizens have the opportunity to find reasonably priced food and a fairly paid job. This department was last active in May of 2013.
- Department of Home Affairs
- Newspaper: Encyclopaedia Filipiniana (Formerly eJobStreet)
- Philippines Internal Affairs (Defunct)
- Governing the government-owned companies
- Providing jobs at all skill levels (especially the lower ones) at a fair salary
- Ensuring the availability of enough goods in each sector (especially food) at all times
- Provide supplies for the government either by using the public companies or by buying from private companies
The Public Employment Service Office is responsible for giving fairly paid jobs to new players and at the same time serving as a training ground for them. It was created by Quin2k around Day 732.  The functions of this institution was revived in the short-lived Philippine Labor Organization. (PLO)
The Department of Trade and Industry is responsible for the exporting businesses of the government.
- Manage government companies that export products
Diplomatic relations between the Philippines and other countries are nurtured and maintained by the Department of Foreign Affairs. Enquiries about the Philippines from external nations should go through the Department for Foreign Affairs.
- Minister: kb1992
- Vice Minister: agent of chaos
- Creating diplomatic relationships with other countries
- Maintaining diplomatic relationships with other countries
- Fielding queries from other countries
- Keeping up to date with current world events
To make life easier for the Minister of Foreign Affairs, he usually hires Ambassadors who personally builds the diplomatic relationship with between Philippines and his assigned country.
The National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) are responsible for identifying threats to the security of the Philippines, either by people, organizations or other nations.
- Minister: Lacon Yan
- Gathering intelligence from different sources (like other countries)
- Identifying threats to the security of the Philippines
- Recruiting and organizing spies
- Vetting all citizenship requests
A department started by Hazzn which aims to educate citizens on all aspects of the game and the Philippine nation and its government.
- Minister: Vincenzo Roque
- Vice Minister:
- Answer in game shouts asking for information
- Writing articles on how various aspects of the game work
- Encouraging citizens to register and participate on the official Philippines forums
Started by Hazzn as Ministry of Merriment whose first duty is to keep the people of the Philippines entertained and to remember that this game is meant to be fun. It was reestablished by Al Raposas as Ministry of Culture and Arts.
- Minister: Boy Pick Up
- Vice Minister: nikkpuhl3z3
- Ministry of Merriment (Defunct)
- To maintain activity in the Philippines
- To organize games and contests for the benefit of the citizens
- To help the growth of the population of the Philippines and
- To give the citizens knowledge on their culture and arts in an entertaining manner
The Philippine Information Agency (PIA) is responsible for creating various programs and tools that can help the government in the game through the erepublik API.
- Look for information helpful to the government with the help of the erepublik API
Filipino websites are some of the best-designed and most content-rich in cyberspace. They are testament to our creativity and resourcefulness. Sure, you'll find a heap of garbage. But so many sites are real gems that deserve a permanent bookmark in your browser. The Department of Public Displays of Affection's duty is to spam these sites to bits and get people to join eRepublik. The activity of this department was discontinued.
- Advertise/Market erepublik to RL Filipinos by spamming Filipino websites
The National Historical Institute is responsible for researching about the history and writing it on the wiki.
Positions in the Departments
To become a Director, Assistant Director or even just staff member of any department, a citizen must apply for the positions when the President of the Philippines calls for applications. When the President doesn't call for applications, it means that he/she will just appoint citizens that he/she already know to be capable of the position.
A Director, Assistant Director, and any other position in the departments usually serve for one month along with the President. But, it is in the prerogative of the President if he/she is going to dismiss a department's Director, Assistant Director and staff and replace them from the new applicants.
The legislative body of the Philippines is the Philippine Congress (Filipino: Kongreso ng Pilipinas). It is usually composed of 40 Congressmen where 36 are representatives of the 4 regions of the Philippines, and the remaining 4 are wild card winners.
The members of the Philippine Congress are elected by the people of the Philippines every 25th day of the month. Each member elected will receive an amount of 5 Gold and 20 Experience Points.
The Philippine Congress is headed by the Speaker elected by the its members. The Congress members under the current Party Administration will be under the Majority Wing of the Congress while Congress members who are not under the current Party Administration falls under the Minority Wing even if they constitute the large membership percentage of the Congress.
- ↑ http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/what-i-will-do-a-brief-summary-770349/1/20 What i Will Do: A Brief Summary
- ↑ http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/quin2k-4-u-1045370/1/20