This Tutorial will demonstrate how to create a Portal in the eRepublik Wiki.
well I wrote a tutorial a few weeks ago and it has helped my friends in UK create portals such as Portal:Malta and Portal:North Korea. I have decided to put it up on wiki but its not perfect (grammatical mistakes, spelling etc) so could people plz help me edit it out and add info and remove all the mistakes so that it looks better?? Here it is: so I am finally free and decided to make this portal. I have made the skeleton and here is a tutorial on how to edit a Portal (I didnt know in which forum to place this so thought this was the best place).
A Portal has two types of boxes.
- A selected box, for this tutorial we shall take the Selected Article box as example.
- A normal box, for this tutorial we shall take the Topic Box as a example.
First, we shall talk about the selected box. A selected box is a box which randomly selects a piece of information/photo which we have put in and displays it. So lets say in the Selected Article box we put the following articles:
- Bob Boblo's House
So we have the information in the selected article box now the selected article box shall randomly select one of the articles and display it.
Now how to put articles in to a selected article box???
- military we will put here: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=Portal:United_Kingdom/Selected_article/1
- HoC here: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=Portal:United_Kingdom/Selected_article/2
- HoL here: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=Portal:United_Kingdom/Selected_article/3
- Bob Boblo's house here: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=Portal:United_Kingdom/Selected_article/4
- Spamelot here: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=Portal:United_Kingdom/Selected_article/5
Notice how for each piece of information the last number of the URL is changing. For military it was 1 for HoC 2 for HoL 3 for Bob Boblo's house 4 for Spamelot 5.
We go to their respective pages and add information. Its that simple. But please remember every time you add something in the selected article box please add it here:
This is for record purposes and so that the next person knows that ok first 5 have been used and I got to use the 6th one and he will go to:
A normal box like the topics box. Here you press the edit button and you put in the information. The same information will be shown until it is edited.