The Voting System is the method by which democratic elections take place simultaneously throughout eRepublik.
These elections take place each month and require citizens to have an Adult Title in order to be allowed to vote. Every time a citizen votes, they receive 5 XP.
- On the 5th of the month citizens can vote on Presidential elections that are taking place in a country.
- On the 15th of the month citizens can vote on Party elections if they are members of a party.
- On the 25th of the month citizens can vote on Congress elections in their residential country.
If a citizen has already voted in a country/party, they are not allowed to vote again even if they change their country/party in the same day.
The results won't be released until 24 hours after the elections have finished. More...
- In order to be a candidate for congress elections, a citizen needs at least 300 XP (level )
- In order to be a candidate for party elections, a citizen needs at least 335 XP (level )
- In order to be a candidate for president elections, a citizen needs at least 410 XP (level )
Once entered on the voting page there are 3 possible situations:
- If a citizen has enough experience points in order to vote and they have not voted yet a list of candidates will appear. A vote is placed by pressing the vote button. After voting, a display congratulation message and partial results will appear.
- If a citizen does not have 80 experience points, a notification message will appear followed by a list of partial results.
- If a citizen has enough experience points in order to vote, but they have already voted they will receive a list of partial results.
They can access the voting area from the homepage of their party by clicking on the “Run for Party Elections“.
If there are no candidates for the party president election, the sitting party president retains their position.
For a citizen to vote, they have to:
- access the Elections screen and
- click the "Vote" button next to their choice.
To vote in congressional elections, citizens must enter the voting screen.
They will be presented with the parties in the elections for their current citizenship country.
To view the candidates, click the "Show candidates" button of the respective party.
- They have to click the "Vote" button on the right side to vote.
After they have voted, they will be presented with the partial results for all of the congressional elections in their country.
For information on becoming a candidate for congress or the duties of a congress member, see Congress member.
For information on how Congress Members are divided, see Division of congress members.
Only the top 5 political parties (based on number of members) will have candidates for the Congress elections.
Notes regarding the above statement:
- The parties that will take part in the Congress elections are the top 5 as of right before the Day change, that is 23:59 eRepublik time of 24th of the month.
- Any party, even those outside of the top 5, can have a list of proposed congress members. That is in case on the Day change, e.g., the 6th party joins the top 5, so it will not be in the elections with an empty candidate list.
Country President Elections
To be a candidate for the presidential elections, you need to complete all of the following three requirements:
- Unlock the presidential feature by reaching level .
- Be a party member.
- Be endorsed by any party president.
Once you have completed all three requirements for becoming a candidate, you will also need to win the elections in order to become country president.
The candidate with the largest number of votes becomes the President. If there is a tie, the highest amount of XP will be taken into consideration.
If the new president is a Congress member, they lose their congress member seat. The old president loses their president position.
The election process will end as usual at 00:00 (eRepublik time), but for the next 24 hours the results will not be final. During this time Admins will analyze the votes to ensure the fairness of the elections. If fake accounts were involved in voting, the votes cast by them will be removed. So the winners might easily change if there were fake accounts involved in the elections.
During the 24 hours delay the old Presidents, Congress members or Party presidents keep their seats. The alerts and rewards to the winners will be sent at 00:00 eRepublik time and the new Presidents/Congress members/Party presidents will step into office.