In Service Militaire, the basics of the combat were learned. Courses were given about fighting, geopolitics, wellness ... This was a real introduction to the army and Service Militaire was the first step to a military career.
The soldiers of the SM are under the orders of their military instructor, who is under the orders of the Minister of Defense.
Battle instructions were given in the SM forum. It was important that SM soldiers regularly check the forum and follow the instructions to the letter.
Recruitment for Service Militaire was done through Defense Forum, where a new topic was created if the new round of recruitment was held.
There were some requirements that had to be fulfilled:
- Be born before a certain date,
- Be able to speak French, to be registered and present on the French forum,
- Be available daily during the two weeks of the Service Militaire. A place in the Service Militaire was therefore incompatible with a position of a Congressman or a Party President since it was necessary to move out of France,
- Have already done at least 30 fights,
- Have at least strength level 4,
- Accept to follow instructions of the instructor during the 2 weeks,
- Have 5 GOLD to put as a deposit (to be returned at the end of the SM),
- To be motivated.
When two weeks in the SM were complete, a soldier had two choices:
- First, to return to the civilian life. In this case, orders don't have to be followed any more. A Moving ticket for the return to France would be sent together with 5 GOLD that was paid at the beginning of the SM.
- Second, Conscription. In this case, a soldier would be put under the orders of the Chief of Staff of the Conscription (CEMC) and he/she would receive further information.
This is the list (incomplete) of known Commanders of the unit in chronological order: