Small Business Association
Small Business Administration:
Purpose: To aide companies during struggling times of economic recess in the UK, through the use of no interest GBP loans to ensure employment can be retained for UK citizens.
Procedure: Run as an intermediary between the Department of Work and GM's on the whole, the Director of the SBA (appointed by the President, no cabinet duties) would oversee the management of this program. It would:
1. Require GM's to sign a contract for each loan. This contract would include the following:
- a. Price Floors for each industry
- b. Quantity limits, not to be broken, selling in small quantities to allow all companies to get a small slice
- c. Extensions on loans: Should the recess last for longer than expected, the SBA can extend the loan as they see fit, so long as the MoW and President agree to it
- d. Once the loan is repaid, the GM is then free and clear to do with their companies as they see fit. If they default, then their company becomes property of the UK Government (collateral) until the GBP loan is paid and the company is returned to it's original owner. If a loan is defaulted on, the recipient is no longer eligible for a loan in the future.
2. Give GM's some relief on salary, to continue employment for each person they employ. A GM that receives a loan from the SBA is required to carry only the maximum number of employees. If it does not carry the max number, it's required to offer employment up to the maximum productivity number.
3. Relieve pressure on Government Ministries for running these companies, as well as cost. Running Government owned companies would cost around a minimum of 13,500 GBP per week just to maintain salaries, and that's without setting products for sale. This would allow small amounts of sales to be made by the company as non_Government products (keeping us free market advocates happy) while maintaining that each GM that is in this program maintains certain standards (keeping the left happy).
4. A request for funds is to be made for the SBA in conjuction with the MoW, SBA Director, and President and to be carried out by the BoE.
Originally the brainchild of Dishmcds and Dnouser, the SBA was penned to try and help small businesses in the UK during the economic crisis during the stoppage of the war module. As it was seen in the making, the economic views of most changed during the recession simply because product necessity, the simple supply vs demand model became broken. Without the necessity of products, most smaller companies came to a grinding halt, with overproduction and lack of sales.
It's first Director, appointed by Dishmcds along with the Minister of Work, Keitarour, was Deathtoll32, who both started the Organization and advertised for it. It's results remain to be seen, but it's surely a better way to ensure the safety of all small businesses within the UK rather than Nationalisation, which would remove their freedom's as a General Manager.
The Minister of Work, Keitarour is responsible to oversee the effectiveness of the SBA. Deathtoll32 is the current Director, and Dnouser is along as an advisory capacity and to run the SBA in Deathtoll's absence.