This page documents an official eRepublik Wiki policy.
Rights to use
User agrees that he/she shall not (and agree not to allow any third party to):
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service or in or on any Content or other material obtained via the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service;
- use any robot, spider, website search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service, other than for the purposes of using the eAPI System and then only as allowed by the functionality of the eAPI System;
- access, screen-scrape, retrieve or index any portion of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of feeds, articles, discussion forums, citizen ads, information and other Content;
- collect any information about other Citizens (including user identification names and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to share feeds and articles with our other Citizens;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages or any Content that are part of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses or create multiple Citizen log ins;
- create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as “spam”, or make excessive challenges or invitations, to other Citizens and/or the eRepublik.com Service or otherwise interfere with other Citizens enjoyment of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature to other Citizens or on the Website;
- use the Website or the eRepublik.com Service to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any Content offered on the Website for other than their own use, other than for the purposes of using the eAPI System;
- use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
- use the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable law;
- collect or store personal data about other Citizens in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph;
- engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited e-mailing or spamming via the Website;
- use the Website and/or the eRepublik.com Service for advertising, marketing, charitable, campaigning, for public relations or political purposes of any kind;
- impersonate any person or entity; or
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available using the Website any material that he/she do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation which includes a breach of third party intellectual property rights.
CONTENT STANDARDS AND LICENCE
These provisions apply to any and all Content which user contributes to eRepublik Website and/ or the eRepublik.com Service, and to any interactive services associated with it, including the eAPI System.
- User must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Content as well as to its whole.
- Users are solely responsible for any Content that they submit, publish or display on the Website or transmit to other Citizens.
- Users are solely responsible for their ratings and feeds, articles, forum postings, private messages, Citizen ads and other communications published on our Website. Users must understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Website is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that eRepublik will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content or as a result of any Citizen’s use of the Website. Users must understand that eRepublik personal cannot guarantee the identity of any other Citizens with whom users may interact in the course of using the eRepublik.com Service. Additionally, there is no guarantee the authenticity of any data which Citizens may provide about themselves or relationships they may describe.
- By posting Content on the Website, users agree to and hereby do grant, and they represent and warrant that they have the right to grant eRepublik, contractors, and the Citizens of the Website an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content. This licence is exclusive, except user agree that eRepublik shall have the exclusive right to exercise this licence to the extent of combining user Content with the Content of other Citizens for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of feeds, articles, discussion forums, citizen ads and other information and for the purposes of creating applications using the eAPI System. Users understand that this licence allows us to reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials submitted by users.
- eRepublik reserves the right to limit the amount or number of feeds, articles, forum postings, citizen ads or Content postings that user may make on a particular topic.
- The following is a partial list of the criteria that Content must comply with. Content must:
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which they are posted.
- The following is a partial list of the type of Content that is prohibited on the Website. Content must not:
- defame, abuse, bully, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others;
- be unlawful, obscene, defamatory, seditious, indecent, offensive, liable to incite racial hatred, liable to incite violence, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, be in breach of confidence, be in breach of privacy or be inappropriate;
- breach any applicable laws or regulations;
- deceive or mislead any person and/or entity;
- falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent user identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting user current or previous positions and qualifications, or user affiliations with a person or entity, past or present:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that user do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements):
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website; and/or
- breach of any in-game rules determined by us from time to time, such as the eRepublik Laws, available at Rules.
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/terms-and-conditions Terms and Conditions