This page documents an official eRepublik Wiki policy.
The Wiki is maintained and administered by a group of volunteer citizens, known as "Sysops." These citizens have been selected or nominated based on their experience and dedication to the Wiki. These are also people who have expressed the desire to apply policies and standards accross the wiki and help maintain the quality and neutrality of the wiki.
The sysops have the following tools that other users do not:
- Delete pages, categories, and files
- Protect/unprotect pages
- Suspend/Ban users
Sysops also take the initiative to monitor the following:
- Patrol Recent Changes and apply notices
- Patrol Special:SpecialPages to troubleshoot "problem" pages
- Patrol Special:Categories to ensure proper categorization
Any citizen can help with these duties in an informal way (and should as a member of a self-governing wiki)
Sysops also aid the community in:
- Moderating Edit Wars
- Serving as a resource for all users regarding policy, neutrality, style, or mechanics.
Becoming a Sysop
The community grants administrator status to trusted users, so nominees should have been on eRepublik Official Wiki long enough for people to determine whether they are trustworthy. Administrators are held to high standards of conduct because other editors often turn to them for help and advice.
- Nomination standards
- There are no official prerequisites for adminship, other than having an account and having a basic level of trust from other editors. The community looks for a variety of things in candidates, and everybody has their own opinion on this. Although not required, here is a list of things which are likely to be taken under consideration:
- if you have at least 1000 edits;
- consider coming to the request table with a short answer to the following questions:
- what is/are your greatest achievement/s in the Wiki?
- if you are a wide range contributor or a certain areas oriented contributor and why;
- your past in the Wiki (if you received blocks, warnings or complaints from other contributors).
- Decision process
- Any user may nominate another user. Self-nominations are permitted. Nominations remain posted for 14 (fourteen) days from the time the nomination is posted on this page, during which time users give their opinions, ask questions, and make comments. This discussion process is not a vote. At the end of that period, a the eRepublik team will review the discussion to see whether there is a consensus for promotion. The user should also make a notation in the bar if a user is requesting or nominating another user for Sysop.
- In exceptional circumstances, the eRepublik team extends the review process beyond 14 (fourteen) days or restart the nomination so as to make consensus clearer. If your nomination fails, please wait a reasonable period of time before renominating yourself or accepting another nomination.
- Expressing opinions
- Only established editors are allowed to comment in the In favor, Not in favor, and Undecided sections. The candidate may respond to the comments of others. Please explain your opinion by including a short explanation of your reasoning. Your input will carry more weight if supported by evidence.
- To add a comment, click the "Voice your opinion" or "Ask a question" links for the relevant candidate. Any contributors are invited to participate in the comments section and ask questions. Always be respectful towards others in your comments. Irrelevant questions may be removed or ignored, so please stay on-topic.
Note: An established editor is defined as any contributor which has achieved a contribution score of at least 500.
Nominations must be accepted by the user in question. If you wish to nominate a user, contact them first before making the nomination page. If they accept, create the nomination and ask them to sign their acceptance.
- Creating a nomination page
- Nomination pages must be subpages of this article, they must be numbered for each attempt (example: if User:Admin is at his/her first nomination, the subpage link would look like [[eRepublik:Wiki Administration/User:Admin 1]]) and they must have the following sections:
- Nomination (in this section the nominee or the nominating contributor must write a short introduction about the candidate; also, in this :section, the nominee may accept/deny to be nominated);
- Ask questions (any contributor can ask any relevant question for the process; the candidate is obligated to answer all the questions)
- Voice your opinion (any contributor can state their opinion about the candidature; the nominee may answer to any of the comments in this section :he/she wishes it)
- In favor (established editors can post a "vote" in favor of the nominee; it is recommended that the candidate abstains himself/herself from commenting)
- Not in favor ((established editors can post a "vote" not in favor of the nominee; it is recommended that the candidate abstains himself/herself from commenting)
- Undecided (undecided established editors can post a "vote" in this section; it is recommended that the candidate abstains himself/herself from commenting)
|Daniel Dimow||Well , I will be the first to candidate , I guess.||ACCEPTED|
|Rowan Quigley||Well, I'm the second!||REJECTED|
|Grzechooo||Well, I'm the third!||ACCEPTED|
|Rowan Quigley||Nominated by Grzechooo.||ACCEPTED|