eRepublik Official Wiki talk:WikiProject Australia
I will finish of the cabinet ministers sat and if time will add the presentation links to the congress elections Sir c0nstant 07:33, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
I have finished of the presentations just cabinet to go Sir c0nstant 09:36, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
With the way we are going to be displaying Senators on our pages, it will no longer be necessary to create subsidiary List pages (for regions/parties). I will change the template so that they do not appear. -- Mr. Awesome | Talk | 17:18, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, scratch that last comment. From now one, we will only have the most recent sub-list on the region/party page. All others can be found on Congress of Australia. -- Mr. Awesome | Talk | 17:02, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
This task is not yet done. We need to find the missing ministers under every Prime Minister since March 2009. May 2009 is completely missing and almost non of the tables have parties inputted. -- Mr. Awesome | Talk | 17:51, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
I will get Timeoin to hunt the info down for me. Sir c0nstant 21:26, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
I have created a page that lists the functions of the Cabinet Ministers. -- Timeoin 12:09, 20 November 2009 (AEST).
Yes, Mr. Awesome, you have my permission to start rolling your eyes at me now :D. I wanted to remind you all to make sure that you are categorizing the new pages that you are creating. I would like to suggest categories like [[Category:Politics of Australia]] where all of your politics pages should go you could also add the subcategory [[Category:Parties of Australia]] there. Of course, "Politics of" would be a sub category of [[Category:Australia]]. Let me know if you have any questions about categories and how to make them most efficient.
Also, you might want to add this to your scope. [[Category:Members of X party]] where X party are your Australian parties. Though it seems that the Aussie parties are stable in their naming, but when a party's name is changed all of the citizens that belong to that party also need their citizen pages updated. I occasionally go through the list. But you might want to keep an eye out for your parties.
|You must be hungry after all the awesome editing you've done to this Wiki, have some milk and a cookie as a reward!
- Thanks QJ. I'll be sure to categorize the new pages under Category:Australia. Once I'm done fixing up Australia, then I'll go back and make everything have some organized sub-categories. *Eats cookie* -- Mr. Awesome | Talk | 17:04, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
Please look at Category:Australia. I would like to suggest a total rethink of the categorization of pages. First of all many pages are over categorized.
- For example an Australian party is categorized under Category:Parties of Australia which is a subcategory of Category:Australia, thus there is no need to categorize the page under Category:Australia again.
- The congress lists are a mess. I know this was a creative attempt to be organized, instead the system is over complicated and redundant. I suggest deleting the sub categories breaking it down by party. This information is redundant. I also suggest getting rid of the over done templates. I suggest a congressional format similar to Germany. Croatia, Austria, or Philippines. With an easy to follow naming convention and categorization scheme.
- Remember KISS - Keep it Simple, Stupid. You want people to be able to find your articles and link to your articles easily. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 17:11, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- OK I got tired of the mess. I changed around a lot of things.
- I deleted all of the subpages of the congressional lists. There was no purpose for these because it was restating the same information multiple times (not very wiki - write it once, and link it is what we are supposed to be doing)
- I have reshuffled the monthly congress tables so that they match structures done by other countries. The format Mr Awesome created was inventive but overly complicated and no one else was using it. So you can continue to use the congress template he created, just not the page, subpage, subpage, subpage model he created.
- I have removed all of the double categorization. If something is in Category:Party of Australia, it doesn't need to be in Category:Australia too, because Party of is a subcategory of Australia.
Change in Leadership
It appears that Mr. Awesome has stopped playing this game. In the meantime, Corey Blake has been appointed to lead WikiProject Australia in the interim Timeoin
He seems to have gone inactive, so I am taking over this project, in the absense of anyone willing to undertake this job. If anyone else wants to help, or even lead this group, please feel free :)
-Timeoin. (2:25 6 January, 2010, AEST).
- Seriously: Anyone? Anyone keen to help out at all? -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 10:10, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Stuff To Do:
Okay, I think we finally have enough people out there to make this Project viable again. Im going to go through and update the To Do List with a series of more current jobs that need doing, and then point out this page to a few members. If theres any objections, say so underneath -- Timeoin| Say G'Day 05:05, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- This isn't an objection, but just something for the to-do list... Each of the region pages need the senators added for March and April except for NT. (Like here) -- Sir Terrifico | ♪~Say hello to Terrifico~♪ 10:25, 18 May 2010 (UTC)