Constitution of the Czech Republic
Constitution of the Czech Republic
We, the citizens of the Czech Republic in Bohemia, Moravia, and Silesia, at the time of the renewal of an independent Czech state, being loyal to all good traditions of the ancient statehood of Czech Crown's Lands and the Czechoslovak State, resolve to build, protect and develop the Czech Republic in the spirit of the inviolable values of human dignity and freedom as the home of equal and free citizens who are conscious of their duties towards others and their responsibility towards the whole, as a free and democratic state based on the respect for human rights and the principles of a civil society, and as part of the European family and the democracies of the world, resolve to jointly protect and develop the inherited natural, cultural, material, and spiritual wealth, and to abide by the time-tested principles of a lawful state, through our freely elected representatives, hereby adopt this Constitution of the Czech Republic.
- The Czech Republic is a sovereign, democratic, and law-abiding state, founded on the respect for the rights and freedoms of man and citizens.
- The Czech Republic will respect and uphold its obligations under international law. If a law is unlawful, however, then the Czech Republic reserves the right to ignore the law.
- The people are the source of the power of the state; they exercise it through the powers of the legislature and the judiciary.
- The state should serve all citizens.
- Citizens are free to do anything the law does not prohibit, and no citizen may be forced to do anything that the law does not require or instruct them to do.
- The political system is based on free competition between political parties.
- Political decisions will proceed from the will of the majority.
- Any citizens residing in a territory conquered by the Czech Republic will have full rights as Czech citizens, including the right to join the government; however, anyone wishing to become President must have resided in the Czech Republic for no less than a period of 2 months. (see Art. 10)
- The Constitution may only be amended by Constitutional Acts. (see Art.14)
- No citizen can be forced to renounce their rights as a citizen of the Czech Republic
Chapter 2: Balance of power
Art. 8. President, Congress and Ministers
- The President and congressman will be elected by people; ministers will be chosen by the President, and upon their appointment are automatically bound to the oath or office; (see Art. 11), the President has to swear the oath publicly.
- The President may propose the message to new citizens, buy hospitals and defense systems, propose MPPs, and declare embargoes, war and peace treaties. These decisions must be accepted by Congress. The President signs and cancels contracts on behalf of the Czech Republic. (See 4.)
- Congress may propose new citizens fees, donations, tax changes, minimum wages, and the impeachment of the President. Congressmen are obliged to take part in the voting process. (See 5.)
- The President proposes the signing and/or cancellation of contracts on behalf of the Czech Republic; all proposed contracts must be published in a newspaper. After the publication of a contract, a congressman should call a vote (see 5.) about the proposed contract. After a period of no less than 24 hours after publication, the contract will become valid if Congress did not vote on the contract, or if Congress votes in favor of the contract. If Congress votes against the contract then the contract is not valid. If the President makes a decision/transaction/etc. about the contract before the contract is officially validated, then any and all actions by the President are not valid, and all decisions/transactions/etc. must be reversed at the soonest possible time.
- Congress has the right to vote on the signing and canceling of contracts on behalf of the Czech Republic. Any congressman may initiate the voting on a contract through a newspaper or newspapers; which contract is being voted on must be clearly stated. Congressman will cast their vote underneath the article. Every congressman is obliged to vote on contracts proposed by the President. 2/3 of Congress must vote against a proposal to sign/cancel/extend/etc. a contract in order for that action to be invalid.
- Ministers are chosen by president. Ministers must be citizens of the Czech Republic, but they are not obliged to be members of Congress. Ministers have the authority to oversee the department(s) they are appointed to, but all actions by ministers must have the approval of the President in order to be considered valid. Congress reserves the right to propose a no-confidence vote (see 5.) for any/all ministers appointed by the President; the President is obliged make changes in the Cabinet according to the vote.
Art 9. - Citizens
- Every citizen has the right to vote.
- Every citizen has the right to run for public office.
- Every citizen has right to speak freely and propose ideas without fear of retribution.
Chapter 3: Executive power
- The President is the head of state.
- The President shall assume his office upon publicly taking the oath of office.
- Citizens may only serve as President if they have lived in the Czech Republic for no less than a period of 2 months.
- The President can be removed from office at any time by a successful vote in favor of impeachment taken by Congress.
Chapter 4: Administration
Art 11. - The Oath
I swear Allegiance to the Czech Republic.
I swear to observe the Constitution and our laws.
I swear upon my honor that I shall serve in this office with the interest of the people in mind and at heart and to the best of my beliefs.
Art 12. - National bank
- The President will be in charge of the National Bank
- The National Bank must be located in the Czech Republic.
- Access to the National Bank is restricted to the President and his Minister of Finances, unless extraordinary circumstances arise; the Minister of Finances must have lived in the Czech Republic for no less than a period of 2 months.
- The President and/or the Minister of Finances are obliged to reasonably inform the people of any movement of money.
- Any and all expenditures must be certified by a contract. (see Chapter 2, art.8/4.)
- If any user steals any amount of money, that user will be reported to the admin, as it is explicitly prohibited by Czech law. Punishment for such an act will be a ban.
- If a vote is initiated by Congress regarding the impeachment of the President, the transfer of the account of the National Bank will not take place until after the vote has come to a close.
- If any user refuses to transfer the account of the National Bank to the next lawful President, unless certain extenuating circumstances arise (see 7.), the offender will be banned. (see 6.)
Art 13. - Validity of the Constitution
- Once signed by no less than 2/3 of Congress this Constitution will immediately take effect.
- Any and all amendments and/or changes to the Constitution must be approved by no less than 2/3 of Congress.