eRepublik link: http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/group-home/military
Military units are groups of citizens with members and leaders. Military units can be used to manage a different kind of armies such as national or private armies. You can get to the military unit page by going Community - Military unit.
Tip: You can access this page with SHIFT+M keyboard shortcut.
- 1 Military unit organization
- 2 Members orders
- 3 Creating a military unit
- 4 Joining a military unit
- 5 FAQ
- 6 See also
Military unit organization
Military units are highly organized groups.
The regiment is a sub-group of the military unit. Each regiment can have the maximum of 50 members - 30 members can join it and 20 members can be invited by the current regiment members. Once a regiment reaches 30 members, a new regiment will be automatically created. Each regiment has own captain who's in charge of posting orders to soldiers and keep their lines organized.
Chain of command
In every military unit, there's a specific chain of command which involves commanders, second commanders and captains.
The commander is the head of the whole military unit. They have the highest power in military units. Commander can kick members out of the military unit and post orders to soldiers. They can also post daily orders to all regiment in case regiment captains haven't posted them to their regimens.
Second commanders are deputies of the commander. Commander can appoint two second commanders. These second commanders must be ranked at least Commander as well. Second commanders can kick members of the military unit who have been in the unit for more than two days, set the Daily Order for the whole unit and directly move members between the regiments.
Captains are leaders of the regiments. You can become a captain if you at least have a rank of Captain. Military unit Commander can appoint Captains, as long as the Regiment has 20 or more full members. Captains have the ability to remove members who've been in the unit for longer than 2 days from their regiments and set the daily orders for their regiment visible at the military unit profile.
There's two different types of members in military units: recruits and members. The only difference between recruit and member is that recruits can't complete daily order. Every new member will be held as recruits until they complete recruit's orders (read section Joining the military unit).
Every regiment will have its own personal order, decided by the military unit leadership. Regiment's orders can be set every day after day change and members have until the next day change to complete them.
There's only one possible order to set: Kill 25 enemies in a specific battle.
Note: You can only complete the orders once a day.
In case the orders have changed check the orders before fighting so that your kill don't go to waste!
Setting the daily orders
Captain can set the daily order for his/her regiment each day after day change. If the regiment already has an order set by the military unit commander, the captain order will not overwrite the commander's order.
The orders can be set and changed from the military unit profile.
Daily Order priority
- An order set by a Commander or Second Commander overrides the orders set by Captains.
- An order set by a Captain will not override the orders set by Commanders and Second Commanders.
- An order set by the Military Unit priorities can be overridden by the orders set by Commanders, Second Commander or Captains, respecting also the previous rules.
- Orders set by the Commander and Second Commanders can override each other.
Creating a military unit
To create a military unit you need:
The military unit will be located in the citizenship country of the creator and it can never be moved, even if the country is conquered.
Joining a military unit
From Day 2,072, the only requirement needed to enter a military unit is having the rank set by its Commander.
Not every military unit has join requirements; the ones that have it are said to have strict access.
Eventually, a military unit can even deny access to everyone that is not invited in it by Commander or Second Commanders, this is called invite only access.
From day 2,072 the citizenship limit about joining military units is abolished too.
When you join a military unit, you will have a recruit status. To become a full member of the military unit you must fulfil the following requirements:
The default orders are
- reach Sergeant military rank
- defeat 10 enemies as a member of the military unit
Note: Military unit commander can change the rank requirement, so it's not the same in every unit.
Once you've reached the requirements, you will get the status of a full member.
- Q: Is it possible to change the name of a military unit?
- Q: Can the military unit location be changed?
- A: No it can't. Once a military unit is created there's no way to move it to another country.
- Q: What happens if I'm the Commander, and I'm the only soldier left in the military unit and also I leave the MU? Will I get some money?
- A: If the military unit ran out of members, then it gets dissolved. In such a case, you get no money.
- Q: Do I receive experience points when becoming a full member of a military unit?
- A: Yes, you receive 5 XP each time you become a full member.
- Q: For what Military Unit is the damage counted once a new week starts?
- A: The damage will be counted for the Military Unit where you make the first kill after Day Change.