Change residence changes the region the citizen is located in.
By changing residence, citizens are allowed to:
- buy foreign goods and sell them at local marketplace;
- if they have the citizenship, to take part in foreign battles, to help liberate a region in a resistance war, to move to a different region if the region they currently live in is conquered by a foreign country;
- vote and run in elections in a foreign country if they choose to change citizenship.
Currently there are no level requirements needed in order to change residence.
When you click the "Change" link (near Location) on your profile page, you will see the screen to the right. It will display your current location, and the new location, with its Zone code.
To choose a new location:
- select a country;
- select a region, it will appear the Moving distance;
- click Move.
You are still able to move (even to other countries) if you own a company/newspaper (the company will remain in your citizenship country).
You can use moving ticket with Itinerary component to move to your destination. If you don't have one, you will be asked to pay 20 * move length
- Once you select a country, the region with the less expensive moving fee will be auto-selected.
The New World is divided into zones: they affect the moving process by determining its cost according to the distance from the the start point to the end one.
- If you want to move between regions or countries inside the same zone, you can use a moving ticket for 1 moving distance or 20 .
- You'll need 1 moving distance point for each zone you go across, according to the following grid:
- You count the grid you are in as 1 zone moved.
- West (1) and East (5) are adjacent, and North (A) and South (D) are adjacent. The eRepublik map is a sphere for moving and a cylinder for region adjacency.
- For France > USA : you'll go across A3 > A2 > A1 > B1, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 4 or 80
- For South Australia > Alaska : you'll go across D5 > A5 > A1, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 3 or 60
- For Ireland > West Russia : you'll go across A3, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 1 or 20
- For Brazil > Middle Russia : you'll go across C2 > C3 > C4 > B4 > A4, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 5 or 100
- For South Africa > Germany : you'll go across D3 > A3, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 2 or 40
- you can automatically make transactions using the local currency of your new residential country;
- you will keep your accounts and inventory;
- you will use the first moving ticket in your inventory that covers the required distance or you will pay the necessary amount of citizenship currency;
- your energy will change depending on the quality of the ticket (see Moving ticket) - if you pay your move by currency, no energy will be lost.
After moving, citizen will receive the following message: "You have successfully moved to (region),(country)."
- Region - find out more about regions
- One:Change residence - how did it look in older version of the game