March Clean Up
Spring is starting my friends... One of the biggest issues we have with the wiki are pages that are not finished. What is most frustrating is that these pages could be finished with just a few minutes of work and just need an image, template, proper translation or just a few lines of text. I would like every editor to start making an effort to deal with these pages.
- Check the pages you have created, are there any notices on them? Address the issues and remove the notice. To find the pages you created see Special:Contributions and type in your user name in the search
- Spread the word. Do you know other wiki contributors who aren't as active as they once were? Remind them to check on their contributions and warn them about this.
- Review these pages Is there anything you can do to finish the page?
- Category:Stub - 369 - DOWN FROM 448 pages! These pages are unfinished, they need templates, images, text, or updating.
- I went through the stubs
up to M now and marked old stubs with no content besides infoboxes and/or one line of text to be deleted. Continuing. -- Squirrel TC 20:11, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Done now! I might've been occasionally a bit strict, but there was a lot of articles with just an outdated infobox... -- Squirrel TC 21:18, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- These will be reviewed, some will be saved, some won't be. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 21:22, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Crazy Squirrel, who will check all this articles marked for deletion? Oh no - again me! :D You know, you could update some of the articles also. :D --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby!
;) 12:05, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thats what ive been slowly doing. I say slowly because its difficult to add a lot of content to people you know nothing about :P -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 14:26, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- But there's a limit to what we can do to improve these pages. If the page only has citizen template and a single line saying "X is a citizen of Y born ddmmyyyy", it will stay a stub no matter what we do because it's impossible to dig up the history of the citizen. Don't worry, I'll lend a hand going through these and judging from RC, a few people have already volunteered to update some pages to prevent their deletion.-- Kuhaa|sTalk
to me! 16:15, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Those pages need more investigation, looking at his own newspaper or shouts will give some light on it, looking at his friends also could do something, and when you found a comment done by him, you got the mine, XD, but that isn't something that everyone can do, the most suitable for that is someone from his own country, even one of his friends if possible, they would know something else about him, or where to search. For example, I'd worked on some chilean and argentinian pages that were just stub, something that someone that doesn't "live" around here can't do; as well, I can't work on pages relative to finnish people, but Kuhaa probably doesn't have problems in getting the right information, :P
Maybe this brings an idea: after we manage with everything else, we should organize what remains at least by country, and see if someone knows something about them, :P-- Purohueso (talk if you want) 18:03, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds like a plan! And, I dont know... its possible to find a short description for these people, usually. It wont be highly detailed, just a short page detailing "works for <x> company, earnt this number of HW, Super Soldier, military rank, etc", but at least its better than nothing :)
- What I have been doing with these... I am switching some to the warning template and sending a message to the user. Some just need a picture or a few sentences to get it right. If it looks like the user attempted SOME effort in it, I am putting a warning on it and sending a message to the user. if the page shows little effort, nothing links to the page, and/or the citizen is dead with no accomplishments, the page is getting deleted. Some people will have short pages... these are ok, if the page contains a template, links, pages linking to and from it, an image, then the stub is removed and it is just a short page. I also disagree with deleting party pages. --QJ Lincoln
Talk To Me 18:13, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with that. Party pages are part of the History that we should be trying to preserve. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 12:44, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
Good work so far! As you can see above... some real progress has been made. Also some pages will be deleted.
- From Category:Stub: "The following 171 pages are in this category, out of 171 total." Thats VERY comforting to read, considering it used to be four hundred something. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 03:18, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
As of right now, we are down to 80 pages in the stub category! I have reviewed all of the pages that were marked for deletion and deleted those that needed to be deleted, added stubs to ones that need to remain but need work, and added warnings/sent messages to authors of other pages. What I need from you all....
- Take a look at the war pages that are stubs and work on them
- Help me review the remaining stubs.
- If the page just needs an image or a few sentences of text, do the work and remove the stub notice.
- If the page needs some more work and other pages link to it, put a warning template on it and send an in-game courtesy message to the original author (Hi this is a courtesy message. Your page http:/wwww..... in the wiki has a warning on it. If you do not update it within 7 days, it will be deleted for low content)
- If the page needs a lot of work and no other pages link to it, put a delete template on it.
I am not going to call the 10000 page milestone until this task is complete! --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 20:23, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
- We are down to 13 stub pages... the remaining are things that need to be worked on. I will give gold to anyone who will complete the war stub pages. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 01:43, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- QJ, Its ballooned out again. Its now at 58. :( -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 03:45, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- Because people keep making them.... I need help, ideas, etc. To get people to read directions and complete pages. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 13:37, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
eRepublik naming policy
As would my dear QJ said - there are several projects that have to be handled. eRepublik:Naming policy is one of them. The project is quite simple. Some of the articles have to be renamed. It consist of three steps:
- All pages with wrong name have to be moved to the correct name. I will do this today and the list of all moved articles and some exceptions will be HERE.
- Reviewing which links are linked to the wrong article names and correcting them. This step will took guite a long period, or it will be done by automatic bot. But I will ask you that when you update articles, review it and look for words that are not according to the eRepublik:Naming policy and replace it correctly.
- Deleting redirects created from the step #1
NOTICE: DO NOT DELETE REDIRECTS
I will work on this project in next few months, so I will ask you that you leave this notice active on the eRepublik bar until this project is finished. Thank you. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 12:06, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- I still disagree with the idea of removing redirects. Many, many people use the Wiki by typing in an address and if it's slightly differently spelled, isn't it quite a bit better to just have the user redirect to the correct page instead of either trying to figure out wtf the 'correct' article name is or to just click on the deletion log entry if it's still present? -- Squirrel TC
- The redirects being created in this case are superficial. For example, if you type "Training Grounds" in the search fields you will get Training grounds. AndyCro, I was hoping for a bot to fix these automatically, but no one with skills/time is available. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 16:57, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- QJ, I will wait for MiniBill as myself have some exams these days, but these moves where a must. I have found 2 articles created in, by naming policy, correct place, but there were already original articles in the "wrong" place. If MiniBill doesn't show up, I will concentrate 75 % of my resource to correctly do this part (20 % I will continue to use on unused files and 5 % for special cases), but then other Sysops will have to be concentrate on other tasks (Stubs, Portals, etc.) --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 13:04, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
- See this discussion, please: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/eRepublik:Bar/Debate_13#Bots --Belea2008 08:45, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- Did Arithmetic I this morning. I should be done with exams by half/end of February anyway--Mini "Template" Bill bother me! 16:15, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
Last few days I've been editing some links (like "Party President" --> "Party president) with automate script (just basic Greasemonkey JS). So if anyone is wondering why I'm doing so many edits it's due to that. -- sampo555 | Talk to me! 18:33, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Using a script sure is faster, but like that you've also missed quite a lot of other links that needed fixing. We shouldn't aim for being fast in the expense of being effective, because if we changed only one link at a time we'll have to edit same page many times. I mean, yeah, I don't always get all the links on one edit even if I pay attention, but I really don't feel like editing links when I know someone else could've easily done it. So I'm being completely selfish and lazy here but I'm sure you see my point.-- Kuhaa|sTalk
21:58, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- I see your point. I've bee doing that on most of the pages (not on every page) I've gone through. Like on citizen pages fixed links like Party President, Congress Member and Press Director at one edit. I've also replaced [[File: with [[File:. I've just haven't bothered to put it on summary. -- sampo555 | Talk to me! 13:48, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
A random minor point, but could someone please explain to me why Prime Minister is an exception and yet, Vice President and others are not? Also, since the links in articles are now being made into stuff like [[Vice president]], while non-links are still "Vice President", would there be any objection to me doing stuff like [[Vice president|Vice President]], to make the caps more standard? And if there are no probs with me doing this, would these changes get affected by scripts such as the one sampo555 uses? (ie. would they get changed to [[Vice president|Vice president]]... which is pretty useless hehe) ~ Laurana "Psi" ~ (My Whiteboard) 16:35, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- I am going to have to agree, Titles like Prime Minister, Vice President, Party President, Field Marshall, Second in Command, Minister of Finance, Congress Member, Press Director, Should all remain capitalized because this is how they are in the game or because they are titles of positions..... I thought that was clear in the naming policy, but I suppose I should have made it more explicit or caught it earlier...... --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 18:42, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- Why would positions be automatically capitalized? I personally don't see any reason to capitalize Party president, General manager or Congress member etc. Me and Andy have discussed about exceptions and so far we've decided that Minister of *Department*s should remain as they are, and that Prime Minister should be an exception as it's pretty much the equivalent of President. And I don't see any point in starting to edit certain pages again because of the capitalization. Yes, it looks a little strange but it's not that uncommon with most links and capitalization in "wrong" places don't make the text unreadable or cause any misunderstandings. I believe there are more important tasks than fixing capitalization on text. But this is just my personal point of view. -- Kuhaa|sTalk
20:39, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- They are in the game... They are in English... But whatever... not a priority. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 14:33, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- If you ask me, I would all move to naming policy with only capital first letter. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 11:49, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
OK, lets vote then on how to establih Congressional info. There are NINE (9) Croatian Congress info on wiki named 1st Croatian Congress, 2nd Croatian Congress, etc.
Due to the new naming policy I am planning to rename them to something new... Now, I have several options:
- Croatia/Congress/Number of Congress
This would be subpage of Croatia page with basic information about Croatian congresses and its subpages would be info about specific congress
- Croatian congress/Number of Congress
This would be a completely new page with subpages.
- Croatia/1st congress
This would be subpage of Croatia page (basic info about Congresses would be then on Croatia page
- Mother tongue name for Congress/Number of Congress
For example Sabor/1 - Sabor is Croatian name for Congress, it would held basic info about Croatian congress. Its subpages would have info about specific congresses. Another example would be Bundestag (for Germany)
- Something else
If you have another idea.
I have to say that I preffer first option with subpages, but honestly, I would rather that we standardize this method so it would be the same for everyone!--AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 11:49, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
- I would suggest <country>/<if_language/>Congress/<month> <year>, and keep it like that for every country (mental note: work on the US congress pages, and to move Chile/Congress Elections to where it should be when we got an agreement about, :P). Not put a number per congress, since it's well known that there were added countries trought the time, and obviously 1° congress on US doesn't match with 1° congress on Croatia, and you have to know when the countries were added to know about which congress correspond in time with other, if you want to investigate about any event where both were involucrated, ;)-- Purohueso (talk if you want) 22:31, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
- My idea: Congress of Country - Month Year for example, Congress of Croatia - March 2009, Congress of Croatia - March 2009/Hrvatski, Congress of United States of America - June 2009. Where the month is the month of the election. I think this is better than ordinal number (1st, 2nd, 3rd), implements a standard naming convention for ALL congress lists, reduces the amounts of "/" in the naming.--QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 22:44, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
- So can we get consensus on the Congress pages? --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 18:48, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
OK, as I believe that people always need some "visual" incentive:
- +1 --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 12:05, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- +1 After careful consideration, I like this the most. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 14:23, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- +1 From me as well. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 14:39, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- version #2: Main page Croatia/Congress with links to Croatia/Congress/Month Year
- version #3: Main page would be inside country article with links to congress articles: Croatia#Congress with links to Number Croatian Congress
- version #4: Main page Philippine_Congress with links to Number Philipine Congress
- version #5: combination of above (please specify)
- +1 I thought an idea that might combine 2: in some countries the congress has the relevance to be understandable a "Congress of Country", separated from country page..., while in some others, it doesn't, it's just the congress of that country. I don't know if you get what I meant, but I would suggest a combination between versions 1 and 2, by a sort of case to case. Maybe the US Congress has enough relevance, or at least inside its country, to everybody call it separated from the country, but I think that the chilean congress doesn't get that separation..., maybe because almost everything is discussed between all the citizens, :P-- Purohueso (talk if you want) 03:08, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
- I really don't like using the "/" in page names because we are using that for the translated pages. Chile/Congress/Espanol is really messy. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 13:32, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
I believe that now we have ALL combinations. Have note that first two versions do not have updated main page about Congress which I will update when we decide the conzensus (when we come to an agreement, I will modify all Congress pages + template and create a new main page). Thank you for your vote. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 10:43, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
Northern Alliance and other redirects
- Also... Northern Alliance shouldn't have been changed... it is a title... --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 01:46, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Northern Alliance was moved by Gorgepir and we talked about it. Won't take much time to fix it. By the way, now that we're cleaning redirects, would it be time to get rid of Market place and EP? I changed remaining links a few days back but when Belea created "Market place" a month ago there was a message until further notice, leave this redirect intact so I haven't deleted them yet. -- Kuhaa|sTalk
05:39, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
Belea said (afaicr) a "direct query" module will be installed on the wiki. When? --Mini "Template" Bill bother me! 22:02, 6 February 2010 (UTC)
- What do you mean exactly? --Belea2008 11:50, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
Is it possible if we could integrate this Emoticon Box in the Bar? Like anyone could see it before all those discussion topics? :D --• • <font-color="amber">Prince Terence II</font> <font-color="#000000">Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! • • </font> 12:58, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
This page needs work! I've been getting some stuff down along with some other people, but help would really be appreciated Auk Rest 23:15, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
Help with ImageMap
Ok, I tried for 2 days to get what happened, and whatever I did, I make it worse, and really can't find what is the problem:
I'm working on doing an imagemap with my country's map..., yeah, it's sort of a region template, but once I get the points connected I will try to replace the regular links with "spaces to fill" to where it points out, so it can be used to lead to other pages or section of a page if it's needed. (I know that templates doesn't work there, but this one does, :P)
But I got a "small" problem: Chile has in the south part a similar geography to Norway, but it's as long as whole Europe, XD. Well, that makes it more killer the job, but anyway I can do it.
The "great" problem comes now: I entered the coordinates of the first region with islands (Zona Sur, with the Chiloé Archipelago), and after a 2 day-long work doing it (just 1 polygon for all, since the isles where easily linkeable, excepting one too far away) I found some problems:
- Ancud Gulf (north-west of the isle) had a part where it linked the page, and that was out of the polygon I wrote, :S
- When pasing the arrow throw the middle of the region, on mainland, it showed a lot of parts that didn't linked, just for no reason.
- Most of the small islands didn't show links, but that could have been since they were too small.
After checking almost every point, anything seemed to be wrong, so I just thought about separating the archipelago from the mainland doing a second polygon (maybe 1 polygon didn't worked for so many code), and I got some changes:
- The problem with the Ancud Gulf persisted.
- The Chiloé Island just didn't linked to anywhere.
- Half of the small islands which really worked, now didn't.
- One isle that didn't worked after, a really small one, now did.
- In the arrow's passing, now it almost worked everywhere on mainland...
- ..., but the east part of the region not, as well as the Province of Palena (the portion of mainland that is at the side of Chiloé) didn't, excepting the bigger islands and a gulf (I think it's Chaitén one), which shouldn't had.
Ok, we got a problem with Palena, let's separate it (I selected a point, where it ended the sea getting inside the mainland, and just throw a line to the east border). And all got screwed:
- Anything changed with Chiloé and the Ancud Gulf.
- Now all of the mainland worked, even the east border.
- Palena didn't worked almost entirely, from the line, which included some parts that worked that got behind it.
- The islands and gulf of the province still worked.
Then, I just called the parts as I'm calling them now, just for the lulz, :P, but when I saw what polygon linked to what part..., OMG, the horror, :munch:
- The southern part of the mainland (called just Zona Sur) said Chiloé.
And I just moved the arrow over the other regions, which all worked as always, but suddenly passed it throught the sea (west part) of the image:
Ok, this surpased me. As soon as I saw that, I saved the sandbox and started writting here all of this in order to found someone that would know WT* happens with the imagemap..., it's just too much data or what?, ok, the page has now like 7K, but that is a limit for the imagemap?, :S
Thanks, anyone that read all this and tries to found the glicht... or just told me the bad news, :S-- Purohueso (talk if you want) 06:22, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
Rewards for February have been published. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 12:25, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
eRepublik History Articles
For your information:
--Belea2008 10:14, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- All of this information was taken from the wiki in the first place.... --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 13:54, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
The rules indicate that 66% of the votes of Congress are needed to pass an impeachment.
X has 20 congressmen.
66% of 20 is 13.2.
- Do we need 13 or 14 to pass an impeachment.
- If a congressman resigns, does that change the total? ie 19 congressmen left, 66% is 12.54.
- if total is changed to 19, and 66% is 12.54, is 12 or 13 needed to pass an impeachment?
Answer: You need 66% + 1 out of TOTAL NUMBER OF VOTES (example: if 4 people vote, and 3 are in favor, the impeachment is voted as accepted).
--Belea2008 15:00, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
- As I know, ties means not approvement, and here you are just raising the thing to 66% from the normal 50%. Any way, unless you have a "multiple of 3" votes, and they just got in that proportion, you won't be able to check it..., and that situation is really unlike to happen..., ah, and I think it round up, as some others formulas, for example, damage done, ;)-- Purohueso (talk if you want) 01:06, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- Put on English Impeachment page.--QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 15:34, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
Different tutorials that should be in the Wiki
--Belea2008 09:15, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- Done --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 17:46, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
 --Mini "Template" Bill bother me! 23:35, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
Um ... just to let everyone know, these are slightly out of whack. For instance, you cannot fight at level 3, but that page says that you can. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 21:27, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- I randomly picked a few translations and this seems to be only on English and Finnish articles. Are you sure it hasn't been changed in game? It looks like it has been changed in the latest edit so I'd like to hear where Andycro got the information that minimum levels had been changed? Career Path in game hasn't been changed so I don't know if it was simply a mistake or are most of the article's translations now outdated.-- Kuhaa|sTalk
22:04, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe he knows something about Version 2 that we dont? :P Um... seriously though, I think it was probably just an innocent mistake. Just wanted to check that the innocent mistake wasnt mine (because 9/10 times it is :P) -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 22:08, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- Actually that information came from a recent insider to make it funner for new citizens. In some sort of update ( I think before V2) citizens will start with 100 wellness and be able to do different things earlier, including level 3 fighting. Auk Rest 21:39, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
- Oh! nice :) I stand corrected then. That update would be REALLY great :) -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 23:44, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- it is best not to change wiki pages UNTIL the change has been implemented in the game.... --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 02:50, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Mea culpa. I have implemented this changes due to the insider article, as I believed that this change will come in a day or two, but it seems that it won't came for few weeks. :( There are also two other articles that I updated wishing that this will happen soon. I will restore the original data until the improvements will implemented. :( Sorry for all troubles that I caused (obviously sysops are humans also) --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 12:19, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, despite all the rumors of us being omniscient and omnipotent Gods, we're just mere humans. I believe I've proved that couple of times already. :D But no worries, at least now we can just revert these few pages when the updates finally come. :) -- Kuhaa|sTalk
12:26, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thats a very good point :) Andycro was just trying to save us all work in the near future! -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 12:36, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Case closed. See Translator Bureau. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 13:40, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
||“ If you remember this Insider announcing several updates, a couple of them were postponed, for further analysis. We refer here to the new hospital rule (receive from hospital only the wellness lost in actual battles) and the new experience tunnel for newly born citizens (start with 100 wellness, fight at level 3, etc). These updates will come live tomorrow (eRepublik day 848). ”
(The eRepublik team)
This announcement can be found on eRepublik forums (link). Now we can modify wiki according to these changes.-- sampo555 | Talk to me! 16:42, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- It's still ~12h but I reverted pages in question back to the updated versions. -- Kuhaa|sTalk
19:46, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
The updates will be taking place tomorrow, so we should be prepared. Auk Rest 23:16, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- I think they've come into place now. The main experience page has been changed (by Andy, i think?) and ive gone through and changed the EP numbers for other pages that mentioned it, such as fighting, invitations, etc. Did this in all languages except for Chinese and Persian, because all the other languages were understandable enough to change "25" to "10" even to someone who cannot read the language. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 06:46, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
I made the mistake of browsing through some country pages yesterday, and I realised that most countries (with a few exceptions) seem to have in their list of Presidents, quite a few Presidents without wiki pages. Therefore, im going to be slowly going through this list and creating pages for them, and adding whatever content I can find. Its rather disconcerting to me that so many Country Presidents dont have their own page, considering they led their country for at least a month, in most cases. If any of the people who knew them want to add more content to these pages (or even create them?) great! If not - well, at least they will have the basic outline of themselves as a part of Wiki History. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 14:34, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, I will contact the chilean former presidents (I talk with most of them daily, :P) and call them to write something. I can work on templates and basic information, but I don't have the time and patience to work on the whole text of a biography.
I think I will try to contact every president on ALA countries, let's see how it works, :P-- Purohueso (talk if you want) 02:16, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
- That would be very greatly appreciated, Purohueso! I dont mind doing the grunt work for this, but citizens from the respective countries would already know, without searching, a lot of the information that is not available from the citizen's page. I dont know, I just think that it would be depressing for citizens of these countries who stumbled onto the country's Wiki page to go through the list of its former leaders, only to find that only one or two of them had any information about them present :) -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 09:48, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
- It is sad that so many presidents don't have pages. I will do what I can to find info on some of them! Auk Rest 21:39, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
- So far so good, I've gotten I think 4-5 done. Auk Rest 00:22, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, you've done well! -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 01:55, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
- When doing these, make sure that the presidents have the following category Category:President of <country>. :D --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 02:21, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
- Fixed for the ones that have been made so far. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 04:03, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
- Eek! I've forgotten to do that with my pages. I will be sure to do that with any new ones I make. Auk Rest 02:16, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- Ok. It's been a while since that list has been changed. Does anyone come from these countries that have information on them? I've only done 1-2 presidents I have no clue about. I try and avoid them, and write articles about presidents I do know, have heard or know somewhat about them. Does anyone the presidents not completed on Timeoins list? Auk Rest 01:52, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
- Apologies. Some very serious RL life issues came up, and i havent been able to do as much as before. It *SHOULD* go back to normal soon. Ill keep working on it in the next few days, hopefully. And as for that list - i dont know ANYONE on the list, but that doesnt mean I cant make a page for them :) -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 07:00, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
Allowing table backgrounds from images already on the wiki.
This page has instructions for allowing you to do that :D. It'd be nice to be able to use files already uploaded here for table backgrounds etc. -- John F Baker 10:44, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
- That's a very different thing - that explains how you can set the background to an address that is fetched by the computer from its own filesystem. There are few uses for it overall and definitely not for this Wiki. If you want to set an existing image to a background, just dig its URL up (for example http://wiki.erepublik.com/images/3/38/P4maincharacter.jpg ) and use it there. -- Squirrel TC
- Thats the problem, atm wiki doesnt allow any "url(...)" code, i.e theres no way to set backgrounds. It just disregards it for security reasons (?).John F Baker 21:54, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
Wiki IRC room
A question about whats happening with that. Myself and Psion noticed yesterday that it had deregistered. So ... um, does anyone use the room, or have we all migrated elsewhere? (and if so, what is the new room name?) -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 14:47, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- afair, there once was some tests with chat directly on Wiki, but I don't know what happened to it. And BTW. There's very few using IRC channel, should we do something with it? -- Grzechooo (his discussion) 15:45, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
Hey Admin, why are organizations getting wiki accounts? Shouldn't only citizens get them? Just asking.... --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 16:27, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Oganizations as in groups or real organizations, not the ingame orgs, no? John F Baker 15:26, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- I mean Org accounts are getting wiki accounts... --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 03:14, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reminder. Sorry! I (we) will be more careful in the future. As an "ultimate" solution, we can delete Wiki accounts if they weren't supposed to be approved. --Belea2008 07:17, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
Check out Help:Contents. I have updated it so that it is a real welcome page. Lets hope that people ACTUALLY READ IT! --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 13:04, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- I read it, QJ. Looks pretty good. -- Timeoin|Say G'Day to Timeoin 09:54, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
- --Belea2008 07:20, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- Great! -- [User:Caroline au Marymont||Caroline au Marymont]] | If you see something bad in my actions, please write it here