This page has been saved as memories from the Beta version.
List of Taxes
- Income Tax: A tax on all revenue in eRepublik, including salary and profit.
- Import Tax: A tax on products purchased from a foreign producer.
- VAT: A tax paid every time something is purchased from the market. VAT stands for "Value Added Tax".
- House Tax: A tax paid by home owners on a monthly basis (first month is free of charge).
- Company Tax: A tax paid by business owners on a monthly basis (first month is free of charge).
- Party Tax: A tax paid by political parties on a monthly basis (fixed at 5 GOLD) (first month is free of charge).
- Income Tax, Import Tax, and VAT are proposed by the Country President and approved by Congress through voting.
- House and Company Taxes are set by the Mayor of your region.
- Party tax is set by default.
If taxes are set too high, the economy will be affected, as taxpayers will not be able to keep up with the growth. On the the other hand, if taxes are set too low, less money will come from the economic activity, and the country or region budget will have lower revenues.
The import tax will not be applied to goods imported from country with a trade agreement.