Church of the New World
|Church of the New World|
| The Word of God
|The Great Invitations Disaster|
| vaclav · kronas|
· Pierric Bross ·
The Church of the New World (or The First Church) is an alternative religion centred around the teachings of God. The belief system is more commonly known as Churchism by eRepublik citizens. People who follow the faith are known as Churchists.
Origin and Mission
The Church of the New World was rediscovered on the 23rd of March, 2010 by the founding father. Members of The First Church state that their mission is "to promote happiness and well being". They want a "peaceful world where everyone lives under God and free from poverty, misfortune, and corruption". Their mission also includes "saving the innocent from Dioism", which they say is an evil cult started by an ex-servant of god, who was disgusted with the creation of humans and turned against him".
Historical Impact Movements
The Church of the New World brought peace and good relations between the countries of Iran and the United States of America. The relationship has hard forged and has lasted until this day in erepublik. The Rebirth of the Church has helped bring a massive resistance to the Imperialistic ways of the world and has helped promote an end to the occupation of the Holy Land by the Turks. The Church continues to fight for peace and justice in the New World and has gathered a massive following that grows larger every day. This section list the massive movements that the church has begun.
1. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Churchists faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is only on God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
3. We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
4. We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that he is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
5. We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness and that in consequence of their fall all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever would be saved.
7. We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation.
8. We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
9. We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
10. We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
11. We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgement at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
According to Holy Scripture, Dio, once a devout servant to God, betrayed him as the right hand of Satan and created the country Pakistan in rebellion due to the creation of humans. In doing so God banished Dio to the country, turning Dio into a mortal. He then turned the land of Pakistan into lifeless sand as eternal punishment. It is because of this ancient text that First Church followers believe Dio is pure evil, and all who follow his religion are corrupt.
The General has the power to declare General Decrees that have the force of law in the Church and can only be overturned by a majority vote in the Judiciary Council.
The first General Decree was passed on Day 456 of our Lord.
List of General Decrees
General Decree No.1-declaring the Aid Israel Act law and moved it into effect.
Churchists believe that on death they will ascend into heaven to be with God.
The holy day of Churchism is Friday. On this day First Church followers come together and celebrate their religious freedoms with ceremonies in respect to their lord. Leaders of the Church also discuss important matters on this day.
Their holy number is 7, the number of days in which God created the New World.
They also follow the practice of the doctrines which, once completed, allow them to ascend into the arms of their god. Along with the doctrines, Churchist follows abide by a strict moral code known as The Commandments which outlines what followers must never do, or risk harsh punishment.
Church Organisation and Community
The Judicial Council
The Judicial Council is the Supreme Court of the Church that checks back all actions of Church members against the Doctrine and allows all members to petition their leaders. The Council ensures that the people of the Church have their rights and that they are protected under the law within the Church.
According to The Word of God, the General is considered to have a direct link to God. All of his decisions are infallible and can only be reversed by a later General. The General chooses the members who ascend to Commissioner or other highly regarded positions of authority.
Generals of Past and Present:
7th of August 2008 - 8th of August 2008:
8th of August 2008 - 9th of August 2008: Honestly
9th of August 2008 - 29th of August 2008:
29th of August 2008 - 5th of May 2009;
23rd of March 2010 - ?; K_Swoosh
The Commissioner is second only to the General and makes many non-spiritual decisions on the church's behalf. The Commissioner is generally chosen to be the church's secretary, has a commanding presence over the faiths treasury and financial well-being. The Commissioner runs the judiciary of the Church.
Colonels are important members of the Church and discuss many important matters. The final output of their debates is generally chosen by the General and Commissioner to become integrated into the church. The top 3 Colonels as voted by the Church are also placed onto the Judiciary Council.
Officers (Also known as pastors/priests.) have a symbolic role within the church. Their main task is to scout out for new members and calm people in times of need.
Soldiers (also known as supporters) are everyday members of The First Church who go to mass, participate in events and follow the religious scriptures.