Constitution of Pakistan
The following is the Constitution of Pakistan.
Adopted As Law of the Land on: 24th April, 2016 (Day: 3078)
All citizens of ePakistan have been guaranteed fundamental rights which include
- equality of status
- Equal opportunities
- Social, economic and political justice
- Freedom of thought, expression, belief, faith, worship and association
Citizens of ePakistan are the true owners of state of ePakistan and the chosen representatives of the citizens of ePakistan shall only exercise the powers which are given to them by the Constitution of ePakistan. Any abuse of power not entrusted in the constitution shall be considered breach of Constitution which shall be regarded as high treason. The regions of ePakistan shall form the State of ePakistan any new regions that shall be acquired by ePakistan through capture shall form part of State of ePakistan and shall be governed by the law of the land as long as it is under the control of ePakistan.
Part I. Introductory
Article No. 1: The Islamic Republic
- The name of the country should be The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- e-Pakistan shall be an Islamic democratic state based on the principles of Quran and Sunnah
- The Original territories of Pakistan shall comprise of Balochistan, KPK (Khyber Pakhtun Khwa), Punjab , Sindh and Jammu&Kashmir.
- The President of the country must be a Muslim.
- The state religion of Pakistan is to be Islam.
Article No. 2: Elimination of exploitation
- The State shall ensure the elimination of all forms of exploitation and the gradual fulfillment of the fundamental principle, from each according to his ability to each according to his work.
Article No. 3: Right of individuals to be dealt with in accordance with law, etc
- To enjoy the protection of law and to be treated in accordance with law is the inalienable right of every citizen, wherever he may be, and of every other person for the time being within ePakistan.
- No action detrimental to the liberty and reputation of any person shall be taken except in accordance with law;
- No person shall be prevented from or be hindered in doing that which is not prohibited by law; and
- No person shall be compelled to do that which the law does not require him to do.
Article No. 4: Loyalty to State and obedience to Constitution and law
- Loyalty to the State is the basic duty of every citizen.
- Obedience to the Constitution and law is the [inviolable] obligation of every citizen wherever he may be and of every other person for the time being within ePakistan.
Article No. 5: High treason
- Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.
- Any person aiding or abetting [or collaborating] the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.
- An act of high treason mentioned in clause (1) or clause (2) shall be validated by NAC.
- NAC shall by law provide for the punishment of persons found guilty of high treason.
- Any person conspiring or attempting to conspire against the interests of state of ePakistan so as to put its security or integrity under threat would be held under high treason.
Part II Federation of ePakistan
Chapter 1: The President
Article No. 6: Structure:
- There shall be the President of ePakistan who shall be the Head of State and shall represent the unity of the State and he must be a Muslim.
- A citizen shall not be qualified for election as a President unless he has run for the congress elections and has won once and is qualified otherwise.
- A President should be an active citizen and should practice his/her duties actively and honestly.
- A President shall not be called in question by or before National Accountability Committee or other authority.
Article No. 7: Oath of President
Before entering upon office, the President shall make before the citizens of ePakistan, an oath in the form set out below:
I, ____________, will bear true faith and allegiance to ePakistan: That, as President of ePakistan, I will discharge my duties, and perform my functions, honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with the Constitution of the State and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well- being and prosperity of ePakistan: That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions: That I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of ePakistan: That, in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favor, affection or ill- will, And that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of ePakistan, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President.
Article No. 8:President to be kept informed
- The Head of Congress shall keep the President informed on all matters of internal and foreign policy and on all legislative proposals the Congress intends to bring.
Article No. 9: Removal or impeachment of President
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Constitution, the President may, in accordance with the laws, be removed from office on the ground of physical or mental incapacity or impeached on a charge of violating the Constitution or gross misconduct.
- The Head of Congress (Prime Minister) may summon a joint sitting of Government officials and may investigate the ground or the charge upon which the notice is founded.
- The President shall have the right to appear and be represented during the investigation, if any, and before the joint sitting.
- If, after consideration of the result of the investigation, if any, a resolution is passed at the joint sitting by the votes having a majority of two-third of the total cabinet and the senior most citizens, declaring that the President is unfit to hold the office due to incapacity or is guilty of violating the Constitution or of gross misconduct, an impeachment proposal shall be propose, immediately.
Chapter 2: Congress of ePakistan
Article No. 10: Structure
- Congress is composed of members chosen by citizens of ePakistan
- Congress should be headed by a Head of Congress and assisted by deputy head of congress.
- Congress Members should and have the right to serve on different committees as made by the Head of Congress
- A Leader of the Opposition shall represent the voice of non-ruling parties in congress
Article No. 11: Qualification Criteria to be a Member of Congress
- He must be an ePakistani Citizen
- He should be an active ePakistani and uses forums and IRC to communicate with other ePakistanis.
- He is not member of a Political takeover group, which is recognized as an anti-state activity under the ePakistani Constitution.
- He is not in any way associated with any illegal activity such as multi accounts. If an individual has been found guilty of illegal activities such as multi accounts shall be recognized as treason and on detection of any such activity he will be reported to the admins.
Article No. 12: Conditions on Resignation
- A congress member should not resign before the end of term without any appropriate reason to do so.
Article No. 13 Head of Congress
- Nomination for names of Head of Congress/deputy Head of Congress candidates should be filed by 26th of each month 11:59 pm (eRepublik Time) by party presidents.
- Election for Head of Congress shall commence on 28th at 12 am in which only congress members should cast votes. Elections will be held on forums.
- When the office of Head of Congress is vacant, or the HoC is absent or is unable to perform his functions due to any cause, the Deputy HoC shall act as Acting Head of Congress.
- The Head of Congress or the Deputy Head of Congress shall not preside at a meeting of the Congress when a resolution for his removal from office is being considered.
- If Head of Congress wants to resign he shall do so by handing the resignation to the President of ePakistan.
- Head of Congress shall continue after the term of congress expires until the new head of congress is appointed or he is re-elected in this position.
Article No. 14 Leader of the Opposition
- Party’s whose Head of Congress candidate comes second in Head of Congress Elections within congress shall be the leader of the opposition
- Duties of Leader of the opposition includes representing the Minority Party’s interest in congress
- Leader of the Opposition also serves on National Security Council and is Chairman of Accountability Committee of Congress.
- If leader of the opposition resigns there shall be no elections and the individual appointed by him as successor shall take over the role. If there is no individual appointed part which has second highest number of seats in congress may appoint an individual in this position
- Leader of the opposition cannot be removed through ordinary resolution as he is Representative of minority interests
Article No. 15: Summoning of Congress Meetings
- eRepublik Personal Message thread
- Head of Congress should create thread with all congress members and cabinet members when a new congress is elected on eRepublik
- IRC Meetings
- In a month at least 2 Scheduled Congress Meetings should be summoned as a constitutional requirement.
- Head of Congress and President of ePakistan can also summon the meeting other then the scheduled ones at any time they see fit.
- Congress meeting can also be called through requisition of at least 1/3 Congress Members through forum application.
- Head of Congress shall be responsible for preparing the agenda of the meeting
- Agenda for each meeting should be circulated to all congress members either through forums section of congress or ePakistani Media
- Each congress member shall be given the time to speak on the agenda.
- President should attend the Congress Meeting at least once a month.
- Congress before any session can demand one or more ministers to be present in the session in-order to answer the questions of congress members.
- Issues Debate on Forums
- At any time any congress member can start a public/private thread in congress section to debate an issue related to ePakistan.
- Public congress section issues can be read by everyone however only congress members can post in it.
- Private congress section threads can only be read congress, members of cabinet and senate.
- Issues important to national security should not be posted as public issue.
Article No. 16: Laws & Resolutions: Economic Bills
- Congress has the power to propose laws for the vote in following Areas:
- New Citizen Fee
- Donations to State
- Issue Money
- Minimum Wage
Article No. 17: Laws & Resolutions: War, Peace & Natural Enemy Declerations
- A War, Peace & Natural Enemy can only be declared with congress approval
- War, Peace & Natural Enemy Deceleration shall be debated in congress and should have forum vote before being proposed in game. This process should take 1 to 3 days
- If a War, Peace & Natural Enemy is proposed without proper discussion congress members in their right have the power to reject any such proposal.
- President on a special power vested in him shall declare war under emergency circumstances. Where there is not enough time to co-ordinate with congress. In such a situation President shall only take National Security Council in confidence which includes Head of Congress and Opposition leader. However President shall within 2 days of declaration provide reasonable explanation to congress.
- When a war is imposed on ePakistan by another country. The congress of ePakistan shall convene and vest full power in National Security Council.
- Any negotiation with the aggressor should be made in presence of President, Head of Congress and Chairman Senate. Head of Congress and Chairman Senate shall then inform the congress and senate of the negotiations.
Article No. 18: Laws & Resolutions: Resolutions
A Resolution is a motion which be proposed by any congress member in congress either during the congress meeting or through forums.
General Resolutions Nature:
- A general resolution is a resolution which is not binding in nature and either a motion of advisory nature.
- A general resolution may be proposed to demand, protest or appraise any actions made by the government of ePakistan or others governments
- A general resolution may be proposed to honor someone for this duties to the country living or dead (banned by admins)
- A general resolution may also be proposed in-order to remove Head of Congress, Deputy Head of Congress or any Member of the Government of ePakistan.
- A general resolution may also be passed to suggest future plans of actions that should be taken by the Government of ePakistan.
Article No. 19: Impeachment of ePresident
- An Impeachment for the President can only be proposed if either the President has been involved in gross misconduct, has broken the Constitution or is member of Terrorist Political Takeover Group. The procedure is listed in Part
Article No. 20: Congress Committees
- General Committees
- Head of Congress can create committees for different administrative areas such as Foreign Policy, Defense and Economy or on any Issue he sees fit.
- Committee should have a fair representation of all political parties in congress
- A committee Chairman should be appointed by Head of Congress
- Special Committees
- National Accountability Committee will be a special committee of congress which will keep a check on performance of members of cabinet, government and congress members as a whole. This committee will be headed by Leader of the Opposition and have all parties representation in it. This committee will also be responsible for preparing the charge sheet on president if an Impeachment is to be proposed due to gross misconduct or failing to follow the articles of constitution.
- War Committee can be created in times of war by the Head of Congress.
- Committee Meetings
- In a month at least 1 Congress Committee meetings should be called.
- Chairman of the committee shall call meetings in addition to the above 1 meeting.
- Tenure of a committee expires with the tenure of Congress.
Chapter 3: Senate of ePakistan
Article No. 21: Senate Election Procedure
- Senate should be elected to serve a term of 3 month by congress members and country president known as senate electoral college.
- Interested candidates will file nominations for senate position on national forums.
- Each region of ePakistan will have 2 senate seats regardless of the fact that is in ePakistan control or not. This makes a total of 8 senate seats
- A senate candidate has to mention the region he is running from otherwise his nomination will be disqualified.
- Maximum of 4 senators can run a region. Candidates more than 4 cannot run for each region. Maximum of 16 candidates can run for all 4 regions and only 8 will be elected.
- A senator needs to secure 66% of senate electoral college support
- Electoral College will select two senators per region.
- A senator shall stand disqualified if any of the following happens:
- Death (Ban from Admins).
- Involved in an Act of Treason.
Article No. 22: The Structure
- The senate shall appoint a Chairman of Senate. Who shall serve has the leader of the Senate
- Chairman of Senate has the power to appoint any Senate member as advisers to different ministries of the government of ePakistan
- Chairman of Senate shall serve for a term of 3 Months and a new chairman shall be elected by new senate. Until new chairman is elected Chairman of Senate shall continue to serve as chairman.
Article No. 23 Powers of the Senate
- Senate will serve as an advisory body for the government as well as legislative upper house for amendments to constitution
- All Amendments to the constitution are subject to vote and debate in the Senate which can reject any amendment in the Constitution.
- Senate has the power to request presence of any member of the Government including the President in person when needed in any senate meeting
- Senate has the power to appoint Governor of State Bank of ePakistan for indefinite term by 66% agreement.
- Chairman of Senate has the right to serve on National Security Council.
- Senate has the power to create governmental departments which are not ministries through 50% senate agreement.
- Senate must convene once a month of IRC to discuss national affairs and can issue recommendation to Country President to follow.
Chapter 4 Government of ePakistan
Article No 24 Cabinet of ePakistan
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for managing the foreign affairs and relations with other countries
- Minister of Foreign Affairs is responsible for appointing Ambassadors to different countries.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs may engage in dialogue with other nations on behalf of the President.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs has the power to create any policies that he sees fit in-order to perform his duties. Such policies if disputed can be challenged in Congress or Senate
- Minister of Foreign Affairs has the responsibility to represent ePakistan in Positive light
- Minister of Foreign Affairs has the responsibility to keep cabinet updated in regards to the work being done by him.
- Minister of Finance
Minister of Finance shall be responsible for managing the financial affairs of country. He is responsible for setting economic and financial policies in ePakistan.
- Minister of Finance has the power to develop the budget for ePakistan and allocate the spending of funds and identifying the source of revenue.
- Minister of Finance can give the approval to Governor of State Bank in regards use of funds according to the budget with permission of the President.
- Minister of Finance has the power to question any state bank activity which has not been approved by the Government and may report such activity to National Accountability Committee
- Minister of Finance has the responsibility of managing the money that belongs to ePakistan.
- Minister of Finance has the responsibility to keep cabinet updated in regards to economic and financial plans.
- Minister of State
State minister shall be responsible for managing the affairs internal to the state of ePakistan. The main job of minister of state will be to oversee the ATO efforts and to monitor the elections and take appropriate actions to report PTOers
- Minister of state has the power to appoint ato team and its members.
- Create formation of any internal department to manage internal affairs.
- Responsibility of minister of state is to ensure that ePakistan is safe from any political takeover threats at all time.
- He is responsible for taking actions if any such threat exists
- Minister of Defense
Responsible for managing the affairs related to defense and security of ePakistan from external threats.
- He has authority over military unit commanders and can issue orders on behalf of the president in times of war.
- He has the power to serve on national security council as an expert advisor on defense
- He has the power to appoint individuals in key positions in his ministry
- He is responsible to ensure that all his orders are line with the views of national Security Council.
- He shall not over rule national security council and has responsibility to follow national security council strictly in all cases
- Other portfolios
- President has the power to create more portfolios as he sees fit. Any Portfolio that comes in conflict with the powers guarded by the constitution shall not be created. If so is considered null and void and treason proceedings shall be initiated as mentioned
Article No. 25 Restrictions on Cabinet Membership
- Head of Congress shall not be appointed to any Cabinet position.
- Leader of Opposition cannot be appointed to any cabinet position.
- Chairman of senate cannot be appointed to any cabinet position.
- Senator cannot be appointed to any Cabinet position.
Article No. 26 State Bank of ePakistan
- Governor of State Bank has the sole power to maintain the State bank of ePakistan.
- President should approve the use of money in consultation with Minister of Finance by preparation of proper budget.
- Governor of State Bank of ePakistan will be appointed by the senate and will have an indefinite term until he is removed on charges of corruption by Senate, resigns or dies (Admin ban) as Governor of State Bank.
- The National Accountability Committee of Congress should perform regular audits and if any trace of corruption in regards to State Bank’s money is found it should be investigated.
- Upon Investigations made by the National Accountability Committee. Governor shall be removed by senate by 66% agreement.
Article No. 27 National Security Council
- National Security Council will be a consultative body on issues of national security and foreign affairs.
- It shall be comprised of following Individuals:
- President of ePakistan
- Head of Congress
- Leader of the Opposition
- Chairman Senate
- Minister of Defense
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Advisors to National Security Council
- Chief of Armed Forces (Appointed by National Security Council)
- Military Unit Commanders
- Minister of Finance
- National Security Council has the power to decide on Issue related to national security
- National Security Council should approve any war/peace/ new mpp proposal before being presented in-front of Congress.
- Existing MMPs renewals should proceed as normal unless there is strong reason against the renewal.
- In a month at least 3 National Security Council meetings should be called.
- Joining of Alliance should be approved by the National Security Council and then presented in Congress and Senate in joint session. A simple majority of 50% votes will be required.
- National Security Council shall appoint Chief of Armed Forces.
Part IV. The Judiciary
Article No. 28 Judicial Powers
- Senators and National Accountability Committee of Congress shall be entrusted with Judicial powers
- Senate can hear proceedings of any proceedings initiated against any individual or members of government and members of the congress.
- National Accountability Committee of Congress has the power to initiate any proceedings against president on account of treason
Part V. Emergency Provision
Article No 29: the State of Emergency
- Senate has the power to enforce a state of emergency in times of Peace
- State of Emergency shall be declared when there is one of the following situations
- In-Case of a Political Take over in Presidential Elections. Chairman of Senate shall be the Acting President of ePakistan or shall appoint an individual in that place.
- In-Case of death (ban) of the President, Acting President, and senate shall appoint an acting president until a new president is elected.
Part VI. Armed Services
Article No. 31 Command of Armed Forces.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision, the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces shall vest in the President.
- National Security Council shall decide which military units shall form part of Pakistan Armed Forces.
- Chief of Pakistan Armed forces shall be appointed by National Security Council.
- All orders issued expressly by the Chief shall be followed by the Commanders of all official Military Units
- The Chief of Armed Forces shall:
- On the advice of National Security Council, appoint the Commanders of all the official Military Units of ePakistan.
- On the advice of Commanders of the respective unit, approves appointment of the Second Commander of the Military Units.
Article No. 32 Oath of Armed Forces.
Every member of the Armed Forces shall make oath in the form set out below- I, ____________, will bear true faith and allegiance to ePakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Republic of ePakistan which embodies the will of the people that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the ePakistani Military Units (SSG, Pakistan Army) as required by and under the law.
Article No. 33 Functions of Armed Forces.
- The Armed Forces shall, under the directions of the President of ePakistan and National Security Council, defend ePakistan against external aggression or threat of war, and, subject to law, act in aid of civil power only and only when called upon to do so.
- The validity of any orders issued by the President under clause (1) can be called in question in a joint session of Congress and National Accountability Committee only and only on the charges of explicit treason to the state.
Part VII. Provision Related to Amendment in Constitution
Article No. 34: Right to Propose Amendment
- Any Member of Congress or Member of Senate has the right to propose a bill to amend any article of the constitution.
Article No. 35 Presentation of the Amendment bill
- Bill shall be open to discussion for 3 days during which congress members can raise objections on first Presentation.
- If no objections to the bill has been raised it shall be subject to a vote.
- If a vote is passed with ⅔ majority bill should be brought in-front of council of elders who shall conduct a vote on this.
- If council of elders approve with ⅔ majority the bill become part of the constitution
- If recent the bill shall stand rejected
- Link to published constitution[?]