First Sweden-Germany War
|Battles Fought||15 (Sweden 12 vs Germany 3)|
|Fights Won||Sweden 698 vs Germany 134|
Sweden had previously taken over the territory Denmark, creating a border with the German territory of Schleswig-Holstein. Schleswig-Holstein was the northernmost state in the territory of Germany, and was the first territory to be lost.
Although intimidated by Sweden, Germany was not expecting war anytime soon. The breaking point was when Indonesia allied with both Russia and Germany. This created a claustrophobic feeling for Sweden. On the day of Indonesia's alliance with Germany, May 1, 2008, Sweden declared war on Germany.
DAY 168 - Indonesia and Pakistan ally with Germany. Ziggyzag sent the proposal for declaration of war to Sweden's congress.
DAY 169 - Swedish congress passes the proposal, and invasion begins. Schleswig-Holstein is overwhelmed with Swedish infantry. Three hundred soldiers are always ready to fight another German. Germany pleads for help from other countries, but most refuse.
- Romania refuses to send troops unless Germany pays them all 5 gold and gives them free tickets.
- Indonesia is trying to help with the Russian front.
- Germany asked the Mediterranean Alliance for help and even tried to bribe Italy with gold. Nothing came of this. Some say it was to blame because the war was so fast.
- Some people came on their own, not enough to help much.
- Pakistan sends a troop of soldiers, totaling to 60 soldiers officially sent to help Germany.
DAY 170 - Schleswig-Hosltein is captured Mecklenburg-Vorpommen and Niedersachsen are open to be attacked. Swedish troops rush in.
DAY 171 - Mecklenburg-Vorpommen and Niedersachsen are captured. Nordrhein-Westfalen, Hesse, Thüringen, Sachsen-Anhalt, and Brandenburg can now be captured. The capital is moved to Munich.
This is where the Swedish infantry got bugged and were fighting each other. For a few hours, German infantry actually outnumbered the Swedish in currently sought after areas.
DAY 172 - Nordrhein-Westfalen, Hesse, Thüringen, Sachsen-Anhalt, and Brandenburg are captured. Baden-Wurtembürg, Bayern, and Rheinland-Pfalz can now be captured.
Baden-Wurtembürg, Bayern, and Rheinland-Pfalz are captured, leaving Saarland to be the last to be captured.
DAY 173 -
Later this day, ZiggyZag and Sulla (Sweden's and Germany's presidents respectively) make a peace contract to bring an end to the war. They put a hold on the war to end the fighting.
The admin enacted the contract about a month after it was posted. Germany and Sweden are now allies.
The full text of the peace contract can be found here Sweden-Germany Peace Contract.
The conditions of the pact are as follows:
"By a mutual signing of this contract by the Swedish president (Ziggyzag) and the president of Germany (Sulla), Sweden agrees to offer peace and 3 regions of land (Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Saxony-Anhalt) to Germany.
- Sweden and Germany shall have peace and the regions of Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Saxony-Anhalt shall once again be 'german'.
- Sweden and Germany are to have an MPP
- Germany shall not have any MPPs with any other country but Sweden
- Sweden and Germany shall have an NAP
- Sweden and Germany shall have a trade agreement with a 0% Trading Tax
- Germany is to pay Sweden a total sum of 500 gold over a period of 4 weeks; 125 gold per week, starting this week.
- All the terms of this contract will last 4 months after the day of the signing.
If any of these conditions aren't followed by Germany, Admin will return all German regions to Sweden. The German treasury will also be forfeited to Sweden.
If any of these conditions aren't followed by Sweden, Germany will be given 1500 gold from Swedens treasury. If Sweden breaks the NAP she will pay double the cost of war, the sum of gold will go to Germany's President.
If Admin doesn't arrange what the contract says, Sweden will not be held responsible; and will not have to pay 1500 gold."
This contract was originally written by ZiggyZag and was corrected for his Engrish.