This page has been saved as historical information from V1.
This information is out of date and should not be used for current game play.
The first step is to visit the job market under the "Market" menu. Here you will be able to browse through all the job offers posted by companies in eRepublik and pick the one that fits you best.
In order to view the list of offers suitable to you, use the "Browsing selects" (the downward arrows near the top left of the Job market page) to select through the following filters:
- Domain. While Land and Manufacturing workers are generally paid roughly the same wages, keep in mind that certain smaller countries do not have well-developed Construction industries.
- Skill level. New players should choose "0-0.99", as their skill levels begin at 0.
- Country. This is by default your home country, because you cannot work in another country.
This page will list the job offers (arranged by the offered salary first) as follows:
- Company (Avatar, Name and Quality),
- Minimum skill level required,
- Offered Salary,
New players should note that companies and countries are run by real people as well, and sometimes there are simply no openings for low-level workers in a country. Players are recommended to check back later to see if any new jobs have opened up. If a country remains without any job offers between skill 0 and 1 on the Job market, the President and the members of congress will receive a private message about this issue.
Applying for a job
In order to get a job, press the 'Apply' button. After clicking you will automatically become the employee of the company and you can start working.
When your citizen becomes an Employee for the first time, he receives 5 Experience points.
Note: You cannot apply for a job if you attempt to enter a different country than the one you live in, if you own a company, or if you are already an employee.
Note: You cannot apply for your own job offer on the job market.
Resigning from your job
You are NOT allowed to resign your position before 72 hours from the moment you were hired, unless:
- the company does not have the necessary amount of money in the accounts to pay your salary;
- the company does not have enough Raw Materials in stock on order to allow you to work.
Attempting to resign before 72 hours have elapsed will result in an error message, telling you when you can resign.
When you are hired, the General manager cannot lower your salary for 3 days.
Back to One:Tutorial (short version) page