- Because of the naming conventions in the wiki, this will have to go under Germany, if the Hungarians do not get to Austria first. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 03:53, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, I understand that. But the real question is, will the game allow you to do it? Have you talked to the eRep administration? It will most likely stay in the game as "Germany". By the way, other countries have joined together in this way before, Belgium and the UK (now dissolved) and Romania and Moldavia. We can always figure out how to get creative in the wiki on how to combine things...--QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 22:50, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
I've always seen the wiki as a way to show things the main game can't, such as changing flags. The way I would suggest to solve this is to add a line to the intro of the Germany and Austria pages, something like:
- Germany (German: Deutschland) is a country in Central Europe, and forms the larger part of the Austro-German Union. Germany is a relatively newly liberated ...etc... Germany regained control of its original territories from Sweden on January 11, 2009, during Operation Burning Spirit. On February 28, 2009, Germany formally merged with Austria to form Germany-Austria.
The page would have the history and politics of Germany up to the formation of the Union. Regions would be mentioned, but the major information on Alliances, Military, Geography and Media would be merged to this page, and the same done to Austria.
Off topic: I would also be very interested in the flag and coat of arms of the Union, as I have a personal interest in such things ;). --Martin23230 20:36, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Citizens of Germany-Austria are currently working to decide on the flag and coat of arms. --Mark Wahlberg 00:32, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Due to some problems with the template I am changing the name in the template and in the first sentence to Germany-Austria rather than Austro-German Union, and also because the name of the article and the name of the country as stated in the contract itself is Germany-Austria. Austro-German Union is more of a nickname. --Mark Wahlberg 01:03, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Shouldn't we keep the Germany and Austria pages instead of redirecting them? I think they are necessary for pre-union history, and also Austria technically still exists in Tyrol.--Martin23230 09:21, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
My humble opinion
Trying to keep an open mind here, but redirecting Germany and Austria is very bold. Where I can find the following information:
- the history of Germany before Germany-Austria;
- the history of Austria before Germany-Austria;
- more information about the merger - look at Belgium-United_Kingdom_War to see what I mean.
- there was no one who opposed this union?
Rephrasing - I disagree with the two redirects because:
- it looks like there was NO Germany and NO Austria before the "union";
- everybody agrees, all people are happy - that sounds to me like someone is trying to present only the pink side of things.
I changed it so that Austria's page is once again viewable since it is still technically a country, and Germany's page is now only used for its history, with links to Germany-Austria. --Mark Wahlberg 04:22, 16 March 2009 (UTC)