Region maps should be neutral and for now at least share common style with all regions of same country. -- sampo555 | Talk 01:16, 1 July 2011 (PDT)
Minimal content policy
Hi all, I was browsing the wiki just now and came across articles like the following:
- User:Stanley Othello
- United States News
- PEACE & LOVE DAILY
- The Unexpected Gazette
- Dare to Dream
- Economist Intelligence Unit
- EUK Home Office News
- Danish Patriot Party
- Bai Ji-Shin Chang
- Aiolika Nea
- NHS - UK
Etc. Etc. Etc.
I think we need to cut these types of articles out. Types of articles that have almost no informational content, other than can be seen ingame already. For an encyclopedia, these entries would never ever make the cut, and I don't see the point any longer in keeping these less-than-stub articles here, unless someone plans to seriously add to them soon after they're created.
Therefore, I'd like to add a large extension to eRepublik Official Wiki:Wiki Page Policies on Minimal Content Requirements for pages. Essentially the following:
- There must be at least one fully-fledged section in all articles dedicated to information that cannot be found readily from the eRepublik site. (E.g date of birth, location and workplace). This section must be in paragraphed prose.
- Citizen Pages - Must have a section on influence, positions and any other out-of-game work that cannot be discovered by looking at the citizen's erepublik profile.
- Newspapers - Must have a section on important articles, readership and history, other than simple information about when it was established and who owns it.
- Organisation Pages - Must include a section on purpose of the organisation (ingame or otherwise), other than simply ownership and establishment details. Only a list of companies owned will not suffice.
- Pages that do not meet the minimal content requirements will be assigned a deletion warning.
If we're all in agreement, I'd like to start whittling down these essentially empty stub pages quickly. The above section is just a draft, and I've probably missed a bunch of stuff out, but I hope this gets some ideas going! :) • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 10:43, 6 June 2011 (PDT)
- Put the warning before deletion template on all of them and if nothing is done, I'll delete them. -- Mikhail Alexander 20:51, 6 June 2011 (PDT)
- Don't remove the user page from the list ;) But let's get to the point. When I patrol new pages I add warnings to citizen pages which get at least 2 notices (Stub, formatting etc.). If the page isn't citizen page, I put warning template to page if it offers no relevant information (e.g. only template and no text or useless text and no template). I totally agree that we should get certain guidelines about pages that should have warning template. But on the other hand, we must remember what Belea has been saying: All pages start as stubs; if we start deleting them, it would be like saying to those few contributors that their effort was for nothing. -- sampo555 | Talk 23:52, 6 June 2011 (PDT)
- I'd be wary of Citizen pages and Newspaper pages, because those are basically newb created pages and we want to encourage them to edit more. But as for other stubs, I'd say tag them and delete, particularly if they have been untouched in a year or more. Those players may be gone, inactive, and even the content is no longer part of the current game. A tag should shake them loose, and if not, well ... not much content would have to be recreated. -- Citizen 6 Talk 02:02, 7 June 2011 (PDT)
- Some stuff:
- Minimal Content Requirement should be added before adding the deletion template. It should be improved. The wiki page policies contain some minimal content requirement but it should be improved. The current one is last updated October 2010.
- Deletion template should be there for a long time, especially now since this is new. Do not delete articles after a week. Allow players for a while to come back, realize that it is on a deletion template and then have time to improve the page.
- I see you have already started, even though only three (four with you) people out of many other wiki editors voiced their opinion. This went way too fast and I do not think this is acceptable. Perhaps we should have waited atleast for Belea to voice his opinion as well, as the head admin of this wiki or whatever he is haha.
- I agree with the fact that "all pages start as stubs", as Sampo and Citizen 6 pointed out. How is this being solved? I think a solution is to have a warning template first before adding a deletion template.
- Another problem is history. Imagine somebody had a newspaper two years ago but quit now. The wiki pages does not contain a lot of information. Is it more important to keep history and let everyone know this existed and the owner was X, or is it more important to delete it? I didn't see a discussion of this. This started too fast.
- If somebody is inactive and won't improve their own page, maybe somebody else will in the future. When they find out the page does not exist or does not have any information - they will not bother creating the page.
- I see you have already been on a deletion spree. I wished you would give this some more time, something as important as removing history from the wiki. But don't get me wrong - I am kind of in favor of this idea, but there are issues that should have been solved first. --Aryamehr talk 15:04, 17 June 2011 (PDT)
- I agree that we should first even decide whether we are even going to implement this policy before deleting pages. I will go trough all pages that are tagged for deletion and notify the author(s) about the deletion via PM. If nothing is done in 14 days, I start removing pages IF we reach consensus about this minimum content policy. -- sampo555 | Talk 05:45, 18 June 2011 (PDT)
- It seems that they have already been deleted. So forget the last comment. -- sampo555 | Talk 07:09, 18 June 2011 (PDT)
- I tagged articles that were on average 2 years old, so I really really doubt anything would happen to them. I don't think we should have articles on the wiki that explain that this newspaper exists. It changed it's name - it's meaningless unless it has some real content, and real information that's useful to more than one person. There are some very good examples of newspaper articles lying around. The ones I tagged were not. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 08:25, 18 June 2011 (PDT)
- Nobody has reached conesus. I am not trying to be evil here, but in any other decision it wouldn't go 1) so fast, 2) with so few people involved. I know you doubt. So do I. But not all pages are like that. My newspaper page if I am not wrong was actually updated recently (couple of months ago). There is no policy on what each page should contain. You are deleting paegs without 1) notifying users, 2) without helping them out, 3) quickly without giving them idea. Doing something like this is a very big thing... My newspaper wiki page was deleted today (Mikhail Alexander (Talk | contribs) deleted "Payande Iran") I did not even get time to improve it, even though I asked in the talk page. I should have removed the template though - but I didn't know Mikhail was going through every page deleting it within 24 hours (it is really sad) And yes, of course I am a bit angry because this is just stupid now. Yes, I am all for deleting unneccessary pages, but this?
- This has gone too far. Unbelivable how a few people decided something big like this within WEEKS and without PROPER rules and guidelines. --Aryamehr talk 08:48, 18 June 2011 (PDT)
- I failed to see much going on in this discussion, so I partially took it to mean that there wasn't much else to say. Citizen 6's comment was last, saying as for other stubs, I'd say tag them and delete, particularly if they have been untouched in a year or more. Those players may be gone, inactive, and even the content is no longer part of the current game. - which I think is p much logical. Additionally, I hadn't seen the new posts in this discussion since the 16th, when I had started. What you had on your page, Aryamher, could be recreated in two minutes: there was nothing of value on the page. Just recreate it and add some content if you think it's worthwhile.
- I will admit that maybe this was a bit rash, but it had the desired effect of getting on with it and clearing seriously under-filled articles. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 08:56, 18 June 2011 (PDT)
- If anyone has any problems with the deletions I've made, link me to that page and I can bring it back. -- Mikhail Alexander 22:47, 2 July 2011 (PDT)
Uber Editor Nomination
Hello to all editors.
I hope every one is good.
I like to nominate my self for the Uber Editor listing.
My name is Masood ghassemy and my eRepublik name is the same.
I am a citizen of Iran and would like to contribute to this game and wiki as much as i can
I speak 3 languages : English, Persian, Arabic.
My major specialty is creating citizen, party and military group pages but i am also very good at translating
different articles of my languages to another.
I would be very happy if you accept my request.
Here is the list of my top contributions:
For all my contributions visit :
✭MASOUD✭ ~ Talk To Me 08:39, 25 July 2011 (PDT)
- You've been doing good job with translations so in my opinion you could be promoted as uber editor. But let's wait for other editors to comment ;). -- sampo555 | Talk 06:00, 25 July 2011 (PDT)
- I say yes! :) --Aryamehr talk 08:47, 25 July 2011 (PDT)
- 0 I'm not really sure, you've translated a few pages but overall your edits are quite low. I suggest you continue editing for another three months in which I'll reconsider my decision but at the moment its as is. -- Mikhail Alexander 00:05, 27 July 2011 (PDT)
- -1 I think, when you click the "show 500 contributions", and there are less than 500 in total for the user, you have to consider that perhaps his edits aren't impacting — if nothing else — enough to be considered exactly "uber" yet. More edits will further your experience and skill, for instance using:
- Special:Contributions/Masood ghassemy
- ... instead of ...
- ... and other small things like this, that show you've garnered a real knowledge for wiki editing that puts you above "regular" editors.
- I'll echo Mik's sentiments here; take some time to expand and strengthen your contributions :)• John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 02:41, 27 July 2011 (PDT)
- 0 Not sure. -- Grzechooo drop a line 03:20, 29 July 2011 (PDT)
Template:Partyalliance, I was wondering if someone could update Template:Partyalliance? It is currently only been used for one page but it has a coding error and it also doesn't display the corners as it should. The coding error is that is puts the page in a Historial Party Alliance even if it doesn't have a Dissolved date. -- Mikhail Alexander 00:05, 27 July 2011 (PDT)
- Couldn't we just stick to Template:Alliance? • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 02:38, 27 July 2011 (PDT)
- Doesn't kinda work for a party. -- Mikhail Alexander 02:44, 27 July 2011 (PDT)
- Layout fixed to match other similar templates. -- sampo555 | Talk 12:21, 30 July 2011 (PDT)
Rewards for July
... can be found from eRepublik Official Wiki:Rewards. The rewarded persons are Sampo555, Mikhail Alexander, Daniel Parker, Mythrutz, Masood ghassemy, Iliyan Marinov and Nkw180. If you wish to change the account you want to give the reward to, you should change it in the next few weeks before Belea gives the rewards out. Congratulations to everyone! -- sampo555 | Talk 01:36, 5 August 2011 (PDT)
Problems with the automatic region population update
I've noticed that the API is giving wrong information about region populations. The map data (which I use) displays wrong populations for regions but page for individual region has correct population. I reported this but I bet nothing is going to be done to this. Just thought to let you know... -- sampo555 | Talk 01:36, 5 August 2011 (PDT)
- The ticket got closed with following answer:
||“ I ticketed this issue as a bug and it will be resolved as soon as possible. ”
So don't held your hopes too high about this getting fixed in next few years. So my question is that should we temporarily disable the automatic population update for region pages and go back to the manual style or just wait until (if) this is fixed? -- sampo555 | Talk 12:36, 5 August 2011 (PDT)
- It will never be fixed, we should go back to manual updates, grr... -- Grzechooo drop a line 06:47, 6 August 2011 (PDT)
- i agree.it has been like this for a long time.it will never be resolved.Masood Ghasemi | TALK | 04:15, 13 August 2011 (PDT)
2 weeks (starting tomorrow)! You'll be fine! May you contribute much and well! And thank you for everything! --Belea2008 04:23, 5 August 2011 (PDT)
I noticed there is something not complete on the missions page. I have a mission "Refill resources II" but I do not find that there. I also do not know the reward for that mission.(NLSP 04:44, 7 August 2011 (PDT))
- Refill resources II added there (the fith mission still missing from there). The missions don't come there by magic. I have to see the mission at eRepublik before I can put it to wiki. If someone sees the fifth mission (dunno what's it called), open the page source code and paste everything from line which has "missionsJSON" in it (also check that you can actually find the mission there - if not, reload page and try again). -- sampo555 | Talk 07:43, 7 August 2011 (PDT)
- I just found this : , tomorrow i will finish another mission and it will be open for me ( I hope so :D ) Ali Emami ~ talk ~ 08:39, 7 August 2011 (PDT)
- The mission isnt showing up to anyone yet. Timeoin|Say G'Day 09:08, 11 August 2011 (PDT)
Main page update
Well, it's been over a month I wanted someone to complain about something at the main page talk but no one haven't said anything. So let's have a vote about new main page. Take a look at this and tell us what you think. -- sampo555 | Talk 02:48, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
Complaints here. -- sampo555 | Talk 02:48, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- The war button from main menu was left out because the main menu was too wide and it was causing layout issues when using lower resolutions. And why just war button instead of Gold and Extras? Because the gold and extras tab is needed to show the rounded corners (would be ugly without it). War tab was left out because it causes least problems of the tabs (there's a link in military section to the wars page). -- sampo555 | Talk 02:13, 10 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 -- sampo555 | Talk 02:48, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 too :) --||||||Khebit TC| 03:00, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 -- Mikhail Alexander 03:02, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 -- Ali Emami ~ talk ~ 03:17, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 -- mythrutz talk with me/my wiki page ~ 13:47, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 but you should give some Picture there :) -- ~~ Canester|Poke Me!! Canester 18:52, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 bring some pictures to it -- Grzechooo drop a line 07:07, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Just needs a few pictures :) --Louis Mountbatten (Talk | Contribs) 10:40, 8 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Publish it. Well done! :) --Aryamehr talk 11:34, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Looks pretty fresh to me. --Ian E Coleman 14:23, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 nice one -- Freiheitskaempfer | Talk 16:07, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Looks cool :) Timeoin|Say G'Day 18:51, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- -1 sorry it looks like too much text, in my opinion. -- Daniel Parker 16:09, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 --Santirub ● «say me hi :3» 20:57, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Looks pretty good.but add the Wars button to complete it.Masood Ghasemi TALK 01:38, 10 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Not bad. --Ariovistus 16:18, 10 August 2011 (PDT)
- +1 Make it so --vSkyzv Talk - Contribs 03:31, 11 August 2011 (PDT)
- 0 Don't get me wrong, but I too think it could use a picture somewhere, though honestly I'm not sure where. -- Citizen 6 Talk 03:44, 12 August 2011 (PDT)
- 0 I also think that the main page needs a new layout, but this one has in my opinion too much text and not enough pictures.-- Herr Wurstbrot | Talk 00:46, 13 August 2011 (PDT)
- +16 agreed;
- 2 undecided;
- -1 disagreed;
This means that we'll have a new homepage! I'll archive the old version and implement the new one in the next days. And to all those who says there's too much text and not enough pictures: first you say "yes, implement that" and after a single space character you say "I don't want that I want this...". Make up your mind (and start a discussion about where you want more images)! -- sampo555 | Talk 06:37, 17 August 2011 (PDT)
Hello im Hugo, also im appointed to become the coordinator of the wikiproject of Portugal.
I hope that we can change ideas to improve page, give us a hand in translation for English,
especially in seeing if the English its ok! -- HugodePayens|sTalk
G'day All. Um ... I notice that a fair bit of the Australian page is out of date now (For instance, many of the parties no longer exist). I'm going to be working on updating these pages over the next few weeks. If anyone has any info on some of the stuff that happened in the first half of this year (when I wasn't playing the game), that would be greatly appreciated. If not... I'll try and find out what I can from citizens who were there. Anyways - just letting you know why that InProgress tag is on that page. Feel free to edit it if you want too :) Timeoin|Say G'Day 19:45, 10 August 2011 (PDT)
New Appreciation Medals
Hello to all
i thought this is a good new thing in this wiki.
you see in this wiki i only saw one appreciation template.
||You must be hungry after all the awesome editing you've done to this Wiki, have some milk and a cookie as a reward!
Anyway since this is the only one i thought we could add these as well
they are from the original wiki
sorry but i didn't find the code to make them as pictures since i didn't upload them yet
i made an example template name for each one for you consideration
Camera Barnstar Hires
for veteran picture specialist.
Writers Barnstar Hires
for users who do a great job in creating big articles
No Spam Barnstar Hires
for users who are against SPAM articles.
CopyEditor Barnstar Hires
for users who tidy up and fix articles with wrong translations and that are stub or incomplete.
Brilliant Idea Banstars Hires
for users with very great ideas to change the wiki.
Barnstar of Reversion Hires
for users that do a great job in fixing a wall of text article.
Barnstar of Diligence Hires
for just perfect editors.
- +1 * I think their good Masood Ghasemi | TALK | 19:32, 13 August 2011 (PDT)
- 0 I kinda like the idea but it means that only Administrators will be allowed to give them out similar to Wikipedia. Of course, they'd have to be worked on but at the moment, I'm undecided. -- Mikhail Alexander 02:09, 14 August 2011 (PDT)
- these templates will be available for Uber editors to award them to other users.Masood Ghasemi | TALK |
- -1 If so, that gives Uber Editors another job in which they probably already don't need. I change to whats at the beginning of my sentence. -- Mikhail Alexander 14:18, 15 August 2011 (PDT)
- 0 - I don't know that do we really need these. All I know is that I won't use these as it requires a lot of remembering to know which is which. It's easier for me just to tell my thoughts with words... -- sampo555 | Talk 08:08, 14 August 2011 (PDT)
- -1 -- Herr Wurstbrot | Talk 21:53, 15 August 2011 (PDT)
- 0 These are not necessary. Ali Emami ~ talk ~ 15:50, 15 August 2011 (PDT)
- -1 I don't see why these are needed... --Louis Mountbatten (Talk | Contribs) 17:00, 16 August 2011 (PDT)
- 0 only on userpages I suppose? -- Daniel Parker 12:32, 19 August 2011 (PDT)
Question from a citizen
"I was look over there , and i found that : http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Order_of_New_EWorld
If you looking at : Alliance Leadership . U will see FYROM says Macedonia .
Please change it . They are against laws of erepublik .
Have a good night :)"
--Belea2008 07:44, 23 August 2011 (PDT)
- I guess he's Greek? -- Grzechooo drop a line 08:21, 23 August 2011 (PDT)
- Certainly a greek, by the way it's fixed, not because it might be against laws, but just because the wiki name official is Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and Macedonia is the region. So by the way, Macedonia should be deleted from the Country Template as it's a region not a country. ~~ Azaret déjame un mensaje (: 08:38, 23 August 2011 (PDT)
An idea about taxes
?ive a Question about Tax+Import
?Ive exporting into germany
?1there is VAT=25% Import 5% so it should be 30%
?but the Page shows Tax/Unit 23,08%
so how is that calculated?"
Explanation: if you put for sale a weapon for 100 currency, that amount you enter in the special (storage) section is PRICE WITH TAXES - the final price. Let's say, you put 100 ZAR, and you have the taxes you said (VAT=25% Import 5%), your PRICE WITHOUT TAXES will be: 76.92 ZAR (that is what you will get if the weapon is sold with 100 ZAR).
To better understand: 76.92 ZAR * taxes (in percentages) = 100 ZAR.
Let me know if that is clear enough or not. --Belea2008 08:18, 23 August 2011 (PDT)
Automatically updated list of countries MPP's
Feel free to use the MPPList template at country pages. The data is updated automatically once a day (if I'm around). Features TBA:
Sort list in alphabetical order (they're all mixed up in the API). Example (Philippines):
-- sampo555 | Talk 00:43, 25 August 2011 (PDT)
- Nice job, again :) ||||||Khebit TC| 03:59, 25 August 2011 (PDT)
- Awesome. -- Grzechooo drop a line 06:48, 25 August 2011 (PDT)
- Great job! -- Louis Mountbatten (Talk | Contribs) 20:08, 26 August 2011 (PDT)