This page has been saved as memories from the Beta version.
Citizens have two options to be the owner of a company:
- create a new company
- or buy an existing one.
Remember that creating a new company will cost you 40 GOLD and needs some management skills in order to make the company profitable. You can also buy a company that already exists and is available for sale. You just have to click the "Companies for sale” button and you will be led to the page where are listed all available companies in your country. If you already working in a company, you are not allowed to create a new company or to buy an existing one. But if you really want to have your own company, first you have to resign from your previous job. A Citizen can own only one company per industry.
Running a company
As soon as you own a company, you will become the General Manager. Note that as a General Manager you can't work in your company or in another one and won't get a salary.
As a General Manager, you have more features available in order to manage your company:
- Employees presence: you can see who of your employees came to work, when they have worked the last time, since when they are in your company and what skills they have. Keep in mind that the last employees coming to work will bring the highest productivity rate.
- Manage salaries: you can set the salary of your employees and you also have the possibility to fire them if you are not satisfied with their daily presence.
- Hire employees: you have access to the Human Resources area to send a job proposal to those people who are most suitable for your company;
- Set products for sale: you have the possibility to decide what amount of products and at what price they should be placed on the marketplace; if the company has an export license, the General Manager can also choose the market where to sell the products.
- Change price: here you can change the price of your offer posted on the market, according to the current circumstances and to your wish;
- Buy export license: in order to wide the economic activity of your company and to benefit from better conditions on foreign markets;
- Exchange money: you have access to your company's accounts in order to exchange money on the monetary market
- Invest money: you should use this feature if there are not enough money to pay the daily salaries of your employees, to pay the company monthly tax or to buy an export license.
- Production quality: in order to improve the quality of your company's products, you need to upgrade your quality. At the beginning, you start from Quality 1.
The Qualities available in eRepublik so far and the cost and conditions for upgrading:
you will need at least 2 employees;
you will need at least 5 employees;
you will need at least 7 employees;
Attention: if you upgrade your quality and you have products on your stock or on the market, the offer will be removed from the market and your stock will be emptied. Note that if you have a certain quality, you cannot go back to a lower level of quality.
- Collect profit: because you don't work as a General Manager, collecting the profit of your company is the only way to make money;
- Edit company's details: as a General Manager, you can update company's description and logo;
- Recommend to friends: in order to promote your company, you should announce your friends about your company, even if they are or not eRepublik citizens.
- Sell company: you can sell your company for a certain price anytime you want.
It is also your responsibility to pay the monthly tax for your company. Be careful not to be late with your tax payment, otherwise your company will be automatically dissolved.
- Employee - things you can do as an employee.