Charter of Asteria
Following the principles of friendship, brotherhood and moral values that are in the fabric of our nations, we form the ASTERIA which will be the foundation of future cooperation among our great nations. Let ASTERIA not be run by the rules that are imposed, but by friendship, brotherhood, mutual trust and understanding. Each document that derives from these principles will only be the reminder of the fact that we live in civilized society. Having said that, we bring you
Official name of the alliance is ASTERIA, which will be referred to as Alliance in the document. informal. Abbreviation will be AST.
Founding members, which are going to be considered as full members of the Alliance are (in alphabetical order):
Alliance has three membership status
- Full membership within the Alliance can be obtained by unanimous vote of full member countries and with accepting of all the rules, principles and documents that Alliance has adopted.
- Full membership can be lost by unanimous vote of all members except the member who is being voted to be removed from the Alliance.
- Full members have a right to vote, propose candidates for HQ and participate in all of the activities and decision making of the Alliance.
Group of Associate Member Countries – (LETO)
- Associate membership within the Alliance can be obtained only by 100% of the votes of full member countries. Removal of the Associate member country can be done by ⅔ (66%) of the Full member votes including LETO vote.
- Group of the Associate Member Countries, hereinafter referred as LETO, is an organization which is subsidiary of the Alliance. LETO has it’s own Headquarters and management. LETO will delegate Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General, Military Representative and Diplomatic Representative to act in the behalf of LETO.
- LETO has the same status as Full Member country in the Alliance, except the right of admitting and removing full member countries and the right to be chosen in the position within the Headquarters.
- Each CP/or representative and one more representative from LETO country will have access to Alliances channels and documents and SG of LETO will have access to the Alliances Headquarters only as advisor. They can also be present on all of the Alliances meetings, unless SG organizes closed meeting sessions, because of possible information leak, where only representative of the Headquarters with the right to vote can be present.
Partner countries (PA)
- Partner countries are the countries who are in friendly relations with the full alliance members and with LETO members, but are not part of those two groups. Partner countries can be admitted only by 100% of the Full Member votes. Removal of the Partner country can be done by ⅔ (66%) of the Full member votes including LETO vote.
- Partner countries are under direct protection of the Alliance and will be considered as part of the territory of the Alliance.
- Each CP/or representative of the Partner country will have access to Alliance channel, but without any right to vote and without right to enter Headquarters of the Alliance. Right to be present at the meetings will be decided by Secretary General of the Alliance based on his opinion.
II Bodies of the alliance, decision making and voting structure
The Alliance shall have one main decision-making body with national vote supremacy, and two secondary decision making bodies which are
Supreme Council of the Alliance
- Supreme Council of the Alliance shall be main decision making body in the Alliance. It is main political and military decision making body which has highest authority within the Alliance and no body or individual can overthrow its decisions.
- Supreme council will vote on:
- Military and Political strategies
- the voting on the choice of Alliance Leaders,
- the voting on the adoption of new countries to the Alliance,
- punishment procedure of member countries not respecting the Alliance law or in any proposed voting of the alliance.
Other issues if the decision was not made on lower levels.
- Supreme council consists of SG, dSG, CP, vCP/or MoFa of every member country. Every country which is member of the Alliance has one equal vote. The decisions are made by simple majority. If there is a draw, SG will have the right to make decisive vote. For the decisions to be considered as legal, quorum is set to 2/3 of the member countries.
- Right to be present on the meeting of the Supreme Council of Alliance have CP, vCP, Minister of Defence and Minister of Foreign Affairs of every member country. Also the right to be present have SG, HMR, and HPR. CP of every country can authorize MoD, MoFa or adviser to speak and vote in the behalf of their country.
Council of Ministers of Defence (MoD Council)
- Is the highest secondary military body which duty is to prepare military strategies of the Alliance, adopt tactical plans and help countries with its individual military action plans if needed.
- Council of Ministers of Defence will vote on:
- Proposal for Military Strategies which will be sent to Supreme Council of Alliance
- Tactical military plans
- Proposal for actions plans for every individual country, if needed.
- MoD Council consists of HMR, dHMR, MoD, vMoD of every country. Each country has one vote. HMR has one vote in case of a tie. The decisions are made by simple majority of votes. For the decisions to be considered as legal, quorum is set to 2/3 of the member countries.
- Right to be present on the MoD Council have HMR, dHMR MoD, vMoD and MoFa of every country. If there is needed SG, dSG, CP and vCP of every country can be present at the official meetings of MoD Council or during daily operations.
- Council of Ministers of Defence is responsible for:
- Coordination between militaries of member states on day to day basis.
Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs (MoFA Council)
- Is the highest secondary political body which duty is to prepare political and diplomatic strategy of the Alliance and to run political and diplomatic tactical and operational tasks.
- Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will vote on:
- Proposal for political and diplomatic strategies
- Tactical political and diplomatic plans (including MPPs and NAPs of every member country)
- Proposal for action plans for every individual country, if needed.
- Organization and running of permanent diplomatic service and intelligence agency
- Organization and running of press agency
- Economic and other disputes between member countries
- MoFA Council consists of HPR, dHPR, MoFa and vMoFa of every country. Each country has one vote.. HPR has one vote in case of a tie. The decisions are made by simple majority of votes. For the decisions to be considered as legal, quorum is set to 2/3 of the member countries.
- Right to be present on the MoFa Council have HPR, dHPR, MoFa, vMoFa and MoD of every country. If there is needed SG, dSG, CP and vCP of every country can be present at the official meetings of MoFA Council or during daily operations.
Administration of the Alliance and its bodies
- Alliance Headquarters (HQ) will be elected on the 9th of every month. Candidacies for the HQ have to be submitted to the SG (by ingame personal message) until the end of the 7th of every month. Voting will take place until 24:00h of the 9th, within document that SG prepares. Candidates can be proposed only by the CPs of respective countries.
- Candidates for the HQ have to have support from the country they originate. Both the candidate for the position and his deputy have to be announced in the candidacy.
- Duty of the members of HQ is to uphold the Charter of the Alliance, keep the dignity of the member nations, help organize war and diplomatic efforts, resolve the disputes between member countries and organize communication among member countries as well as prepare the materials for the meetings.
Position in the Headquarters (HQ) are:
- Secretary General (SG)
- Deputy Secretary General (dSG), Advisor to the SG, which can be chosen by his own discretion (aSG)
- High Military Representative (HMR)
- Deputy High Military Representative (dHMR)
- High Political Representative (HPR)
- Deputy High Political Representative (dHPR)
- Secretary General (SG)
Communication and documentation
- Communication and documentation of The Alliance is considered Top Secret. No one has the right to give out logs, documents, inbox messages, recorded conversation etc. without previous knowledge of the SG, HMR and HPR. Sanctions can be imposed to persons who violated the rule of secrecy by SG of the Alliance. Supreme Council makes the decision about the sanctions on SGs proposal.
The Alliance will establish different means of communication and documentation:
- Will be used as main means of communication on the meetings. SG and dSG will administer alliances rooms on TeamSpeak. There will be four rooms or more if HQ requests it. General, public, meeting and HQ.
- Skype groups
- HQ will organize meetings over Skype when it’s necessary.
- Skype groups
- IRC chat rooms
- The Alliance will have following rooms: general, public, meeting, HQ, MoD and MoFa rooms. The number can be increased or decreased based on the Alliances needs Rooms will be governed and organized by SG/dSG, HMR (MoD room) and HPR (MoFa room).
- IRC chat rooms
- Google documents
- The Alliance will have two main documents. They will be made and organized by SG and dSG. Editable access must have HMR/dHMR, HPR/dHPR and CPs of the full member countries of the Alliance. First document is for the leadership of the member countries and LETO countries, second document is set for Military Units of the countries to receive orders.
- Google documents
- Circular ingame messages
- Other means that Supreme Council deems important
III Transitional and final provisions
- Every issue that is not in the Charter, will be resolved by simple majority of the votes.
- If quorum can not be set three times in a row and more than a week’s time, SG can set the quorum to ½ of the countries.
- If a country was absent during voting of some issue it can ask for revoting. Country can abstain from voting of some issue and at that point the vote of this country will not be taken into account. The general rule applies for the admittance of new members. If country abstains and other countries vote for membership, country will be admitted to the Alliance and it will be considere unanimous.
- This Charter can be changed or amended only by consensus of full member countries.
- This Carter will be put in power on the day of the signing.
February 16, 2014.
Day 2280 of the New World