eRepublik Official Wiki:Bar
Has anyone given thought to updating the front page with actual current events/a new featured historical article? Asking because it's not my right just to change the front page lolol --Remi.remi 00:53, 8 July 2013 (PDT)
- Hey! I guess fair point, the front page is quite out of date :( I'll try to update it up to a degree by the end of this week :))
Request to open new page Quest: Olympus Divided
Group of eRepublik players working on project named Quest: Olympus Divided. It is planed to be a eWorldwide fun for all players willing to participate. 1st tour of this project will be last weekend of July 2013. Since we already received huge amount of applications from players to join a quest, we want to open eRepublik wiki page. You can check for more information in original article here http://miburl.com/rPq39l . For now article is republished in native languages of Turkey http://miburl.com/7XAJkg , Spain http://miburl.com/MB5Z8N , Croatia http://goo.gl/HdgMP , Ukraine http://goo.gl/gnrHd , Bosnia http://goo.gl/kl5mX . In next few days more country and languages will follow. If all will go as we hope, we plan to continue with projects like this every months but with Quest based on different ages in History. Tasks in this quests will be based on some in-game tasks but also like solving riddles and answer on general questions mainly from Ancient Greece. Players will look for clues ingame but also on irc and our forum opened especially for this (link in articles). If we manage to set eRepublik Wiki page, we wish to include that in also.
Thanks for answer in advance.
- Yeah, I think you can. Anyway, when you write in this page you should sign your comments, as stated on the top of this page. --Yamisuke «Talk» 13:43, 11 July 2013 (PDT)
Request for edit Template:AmbassadorList page
For meh please :) - Emergy Maxfell (Nov 22 10:03)
Also, these need to be added to the template, they are just added on the page itself.
Please use to sign your topics here in Bar and in Talk pages; don't sign any other wiki pages/articles.
--Yamisuke «Talk» 14:38, 22 November 2013 (PST)
Old info pages
What is the best way to proceed when the information on a wiki page goes out of date and new up to date information is available? Is just as simple as to overwrite the old content or can I keep the old content for historical reference in another page for respect to what previous editor did? --Jmurrib21 09:25, 1 December 2013 (PST)
- You can simply overwrite the old content, as wiki automatically stores the old pages. You can see the old pages in the "View history" tab on top of the page (ex. ). Nunobaton - Talk «» My Work 03:23, 2 December 2013 (PST)
Although eRepublik Wiki keeps a history of edits, you may simply add the new content in the page. If somehow the new content refers to some old one which is no more valid, you may simply add a new paragraph in that page, something like 'History', where you can remind readers that in a previous time a certain situation was going on. You can see an example of what I'm saying in Taxes page, where a Old taxes paragraph has been added since the introduction of the Work Tax.
--Yamisuke «Talk» 04:30, 2 December 2013 (PST)
Hello, Thanks for your guidance and valuable comments. --Jmurrib21 14:08, 4 December 2013 (PST)
When translating pages to another language following rule was valid:
- Add the language category so that the page will be categorized properly: type Category:Language, for example Category:Italiano.... . No other categories should be on the page (unless they have been added automatically by a template.
I have noticed that large number of recently added Translated Pages have lots of categories... Couple examples:
- Bulbaro20/Română has:--> Category:Members of Dracones - Category:Press Directors of Romania - Category:People of Romania - Category:Citizens
- Mlendea Horatiu/Română has no less than 16 categories
- Category:Ministers of Education of Romania
- Category:Ministers of Culture of Romania
- Category:Officers of Dracones
- Category:Captains of Dracones
- Category:Members of Dracones
- Category:Officers of Garda Nationala
- Category:Graduates of Garda Nationala
- Category:Presidents of The Matza Party
- Category:Vice Presidents of The Matza Party
- Category:Congress Members of The Matza Party
- Category:Members of The Matza Party
- Category:Mentors of Romania
- Category:Press Directors of Romania
- Category:Society Builders of Romania
- Category:People of Romania
Overuse of categories on original/English language pages was frown upon, and was absolutely forbiden on translation pages. --Sre8renica 00:14, 23 January 2014 (PST)