China Democratic Party
China Democratic Party (CDP) was a political party in China created by in June 2009. was elected as the last party president of Freed0m, the predecessor of the CDP. Freed0m started to be the second largest Chinese Party and Eric transformed the party into China Democratic Party.
- 1 History
- 2 Vision
- 3 Party Presidents
- 4 Constitution
- 4.1 ARTICLE I: NAME OF THE PARTY
- 4.2 ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
- 4.3 ARTICLE III: PARTY ADMINISTRATION
- 4.4 ARTICLE IV: THE LOCAL PARTY ORGANIZATIONS
- 4.5 ARTICLE V: THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
- 4.6 ARTICLE VI: THE POLITICAL COUNCIL
- 4.7 ARTICLE VII: PARTY OFFICERS
- 4.8 ARTICLE VIII: DISCIPLINARY ACTION REGARDING OFFICERS
- 4.9 ARTICLE IX: CHOICE OF PARTY CANDIDATES FOR ELECTIVE GOVERNMENT POSITIONS AND CONGRESS
- 4.10 ARTICLE X: PROMULGATION AND AMENDMENTS TO THIS CONSTITUTION
On June 25th of 2009, CDP got 9 seats in Congress elections.
On July 15th of 2009, Agnes_A was elected as second Party President of CDP as the only candidate of the party. She actively promoted CDP and finally got 11 seats in Congress election on July 25th of 2009.
The third party president of CDP is restartrr who was elected on Aug 15th of 2009 and he co-operated with People's Republican Party to get 13 seats in August Congress elections.
On Oct 15th of 2009, after The Samurai elected as the sixth party president of CDP, he started to reform the party and appointed Adrian Lothair as the Secretary General. Adrian Lothair drafted the constitution and established the rule and regulation of CDP.
On Dec 17th 2009, the party was renamed from China Democratic Party to China Civic Republic Party.
We believe an open and free market is fundamental to a prosperous nation. Low tax policy can effectively stimulate the economy in the way of encouraging foreign/domestic investments. However, it is the government and state enterprises' responsibility to promote competitions, prevent the healthy market from vicious competitions when necessary.
- Social Welfare
We support current policy in new citizen welfare, that new citizen should be provided with working positions and appropriate wages. Meanwhile, by ensuring a high quality of life for every citizen, we can encourage the Chinese to return to serve the country.
- National Defense
Democrats advocate the centralization of military power. Meanwhile, foreign Legions and private forces are not only supplemental but also crucial in our military system. Our government should maintain timing war games and provide training guidance to the soldiers, together with effective policy to encourage the soldiers ranking up. Furthermore, We strongly believe that military weapon companies need to be set up as soon as possible because it is the most economical and efficient way to arm the soldiers in the war.
- Foreign Affairs
We will urge the government to interact cooperatively and collectively with other countries to solve common problems.
|Date Term Began||Party President||Secretary-General|
|15 June 2009||NA|
|15 July 2009||Agnes_A||NA|
|15 August 2009||restartrr||NA|
|15 September 2009||supersuperhero||NA|
|15 October 2009||The Samurai||Adrian Lothair|
ARTICLE I: NAME OF THE PARTY
- SECTION 1 – NAME OF THE PARTY
The name of the Party is China Democratic Party
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
- SECTION 2 - MEMBERS OF THE PARTY
The members of the China Democratic Party are those who are known to have affiliated themselves with it since its organization and continuously maintained their loyalty to it, and those who, after being favorably considered for admission or re-admission formally adhere to it by taking the oath of affiliation.
- SECTION 3 – QUALIFICATIONS
Membership in the Party shall be open to all persons, at least reaching level 7, who believe in the Party Vision, Mission and Platform of Government and subscribe to the Constitution of the Party and follow fundamental Party decisions and Party discipline.
- SECTION 4 - APPLICATION PROCEDURE
An application for membership in the Party shall be submitted to the Membership Council, which shall have the authority to precede its approval or dis-approval of the membership application. Inaction by the Membership Council for a period of seven (7) days from receipt shall be considered as an approval / dis-approval of the application. Applications may also be circulated to, and reviewed directly by, the Party President, the General Secretary, or the Executive Council.
- SECTION 5 - OATH OF AFFILIATION
New members of the Party shall first subscribe to the following oath of affiliation:
I, Citizen name, of Region, Country having been accepted as a member of the CHINA DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Do hereby solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will support and defend its Constitution and its Vision, Mission and Program of Government; that I will work for its victory in elections and for the realization of a free, just, democratic and progressive society with a government that is clean, honest and responsive to the needs of the People; that I will comply with such rules, regulations and decision as may be promulgated by the duly-constituted Party authorities; and that I will serve the People and the China Democratic Party faithfully without any mental reservation whatsoever.
Year / Month / Day
- SECTION 6 - EQUAL RIGHTS AND DUTIES AMONG MEMBERS
All members of the Party shall have equal rights and duties as follows:
- To be heard and to vote in Party meetings;
- To choose or be chosen as a Party official;
- To be informed of Party meetings, plans, activities, finances and the use of Party funds and property;
- To be accorded due process on complaints, investigations and decisions on matters affecting membership and tenure;
- To support and defend the Constitution;
- To promote the Party Vision, Mission and Program of Government;
- To be actively involved in Party meetings, activities programs and projects;
- To donate to the party fund.
- SECTION 7 - GROUNDS FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION
Any member of the Party may be disciplined, suspended or removed from the Party on any of the following grounds:
- Engaging in any act antagonistic to its objectives or inimical to its interest, or for violation of or deliberate failure to support any of its fundamental decisions;
- Non-participation and involvement in Party-sanctioned activities without valid reason duly communicated within a reasonable period prior to the activity and approved by the appropriate committee, and;
- Membership in another political party, either by act or deed.
- SECTION 8 – PROCEDURE
The appropriate committee or Party organ may, motu propio or acting upon a complaint executed by any Party member, investigate and decide on the case whose decision may be appealed to the Executive Council, whose decision(s) shall be final.
- SECTION 9 – SUSPENSION
A Party member may be suspended for a period not exceeding three (3) months.
- SECTION 10 – REINSTATEMENT
A Party member duly removed may apply for reinstatement to the Party Rolls upon written application to the appropriate committee. Said member is deemed reinstated on the day the committee acts favorably on the matter by 51% votes of the committee members present, there being a quorum.
ARTICLE III: PARTY ADMINISTRATION
- SECTION 11 - GENERAL STATEMENT
The Party shall be administered by the following:
- The Executive Council, the Political Council, and the Party President
- The functional Committees and Councils and the Regional Committees
- SECTION 12 - AUTONOMY AND INTERDEPENDENCE
Party administration, which is fashioned so that in the conduct of the affairs of the Party only the will of the members shall prevail, envisages autonomy in the various levels of the Party machinery, consistent with the interdependence necessary for the attainment of the objectives of the Party as provided for in this Constitution and in accordance with such decisions as from time to time may be adopted by the Executive Council, the Political Council or the Party President.
ARTICLE IV: THE LOCAL PARTY ORGANIZATIONS
- SECTION 13 – COMPOSITION
The Regional Committee shall be composed of:
- The members voting in the Congressional region;
- One regular delegate or his alternate from the Board.
- SECTION 14 – POWERS
Subject to the supervision, control and direction of the Executive Council, the Political Council or the Party President, and in coordination with the functional Committees and Councils, the Regional Committee shall be the governing body of the Party in the Congressional District and shall represent the Party before the people and the duly-constituted authorities in the region regarding Party matters.
- SECTION 15 - THE EXECUTIVE OF THE REGIONAL COMMITTEE
Upon the call of the Party President, the Regional Committee shall elect from among its members composed of a Secretary and such other officers as it may consider necessary. It shall exercise the powers of the Regional Committee when the latter is not in session.
ARTICLE V: THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
- SECTION 16 – COMPOSITION
The Executive Council (EC) shall be composed of the following members:
- The Party President
- The Party Vice-President
- The Officer for the Committee / Council of Election, Foreign Affairs, appointed by the Party President
- The Party Secretary General
- The Party Treasurer
- The Party Spokesperson
- All Past Presidents of the Party
- SECTION 17 - POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
The EC, upon a formal call of the Party President, shall exercise all the powers and perform all the functions of the Party. All powers exercised and functions performed by the EC shall have the same force and effect as that of the Party.
- SECTION 18 – TENURE
All Party officers and members of the EC shall hold office for three (3) months and until their successors shall have been duly elected and qualified or unless sooner removed for cause.
- SECTION 19 - SCHEDULE OF SESSIONS – The EC shall meet on the call of the Party President. The time and agenda of the session shall be specified in the call. It may meet at any time on the call of the Party President or with the agreement of the simple majority of all its members, as certified by the Party General Secretary.
ARTICLE VI: THE POLITICAL COUNCIL
- SECTION 20 – COMPOSITION
There shall be a Political Council (PC) composed of the following:
- The Party President
- The Party Vice-President
- The Party Secretary General
- The Party Spokesperson
- The Immediate Past President
- All incumbent Senators who are members of the Party
- All former and current country Presidents and current cabinet members of the country who are members of the Party
- SECTION 21 - POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
The PC shall exercise all the powers and perform all the functions related to country political issues. It shall meet as often as is necessary at such time as the Party President may designate.
ARTICLE VII: PARTY OFFICERS
- SECTION 22 - THE PARTY PRESIDENT
The Party President, elected by National Party Meeting, shall be the principal leader and Chief Executive Officer of the Party. He shall also be the Party’s Chief Spokesperson unless he designates otherwise. He shall exercise all the powers and perform all the functions of the Executive Council and Political Council when the urgency of the matter cannot wait for the action of the Executive Council or the Political Council. The exercise of such powers or the performance of such functions shall be reported to the EC at its next session. He may delegate any of his powers to any Party officer. He shall preside over meetings of the Executive Council and the Political Council
- SECTION 23 - VACANCY IN THE PARTY PRESIDENCY
In case of any vacancy of the Party Presidency or permanent disability of the incumbent, the Party Vice-President shall assume the office for the remaining period of the term. Should the Vice-President for whatever reason fails to assume the Party Presidency, the Secretary General shall concurrently act as Party President.
- SECTION 24 - THE VICE-PRESIDENT – The Vice President, appointed by Party President shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as the Party President may from time to time assign.
In case of any vacancy in the position of Vice President, the Party President shall appoint the Vice President from the party members.
- SECTION 25 - THE SECRETARY GENERAL – The Secretary General, appointed by Party President, shall be the Chief Administrative and Liaison Officer of the Party, coordinating the activities of the various Party organs at all levels. He / She shall be the custodian of all Party records and documents and shall be the official recorder of all meetings of the Executive Council and the Political Council.
- SECTION 26 - THE TREASURER
The Treasurer, appointed by Party President, shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the Party and shall raise funds that shall be disbursed upon the authority of the Party President. He shall be the custodian of Party funds and properties.
ARTICLE VIII: DISCIPLINARY ACTION REGARDING OFFICERS
- SECTION 27 - DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
Any officer of the Party may be removed or suspended on the following grounds: - Commission of any act antagonistic to the Party objectives or inimical to its interests, or for violation of or deliberate failure to support any of its fundamental decisions - Membership in another political party, either by act or deed - Dishonesty, oppression or misconduct while in office, gross negligence, abuse of authority or dereliction of duty
- SECTION 28 - POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
The Disciplinary Council shall serve as the principal judge to the Party organs on matters involving the dynamics of internal Party organization. It shall regularly monitor activities in and outside of the Party that it believes will have an impact on Party work. It shall also undertake a regular review of the activities of the Party and its officers and the operations of any council / committee with the view to making specific recommendations for improvement of the performance of the Party. These recommendations shall be submitted to the Party President and the Executive Council in a written report in the National Party Meeting.
- SECTION 29 – PROCEDURE
The Disciplinary Council, elected by National Party Meeting, if so convened for the purpose, may, motu proprio or acting upon a complaint for disciplinary action against any Party member, investigate the case and decide on the matter. The decision of the Disciplinary Council shall be final.
ARTICLE IX: CHOICE OF PARTY CANDIDATES FOR ELECTIVE GOVERNMENT POSITIONS AND CONGRESS
- SECTION 30 - CHOICE OF PARTY CANDIDATES FOR ELECTIVE GOVERNMENT POSITIONS AND CONGRESS
The choice of Party candidates shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the appropriate Party structure, ensuring the broadest participation from the general Party membership when appropriate and feasible, as follows:
- Candidates for President and cabinet members shall be chosen by the Executive Council;
- Candidates for Congress shall be chosen by the appropriate Regional committees subject to the approval of the Executive Council
Appeals from decisions of the Executive Council shall be elevated to the Party President.
- SECTION 31 - QUALIFICATIONS AND DISQUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATES
Aside from the qualifications of candidates as provided by eRepublik law, an official candidate of the Party must: At least Level 12, be a member in good standing of the Party at the time of consideration of his nomination by the appropriate party committee, AND Has been a member of the Party for at least one (1) month from the date of the Election. However, the Election Committee may decide, by 51% vote of the members present, there being a quorum, to waive the said requirement.
ARTICLE X: PROMULGATION AND AMENDMENTS TO THIS CONSTITUTION
- SECTION 32 – PROMULGATION
This Constitution shall be promulgated by the Executive Council at a meeting called for the purpose by the Party President.
- SECTION 33 - AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
This Constitution may be amended by the vote of 75% of all members of the party at National Party meeting called for the purpose by the Party President.