Icon for the airforce division
Hello everyone. I am working on updating the division and division battles, and would mean a lot if someone could upload a high quality icon for that division - - the icon is visible when you ingame go and click on any war, choose current battle zone and it is just next to other icons - , , and . Special points if you can upload them in the same size as the other icons are. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 16:50, 9 January 2019 (PST)
- @Andycro: The closest I've found is this, which seems to be the same as in the game's sprites. Should we go with this? -- Jimkats1 | profile 18:28, 9 January 2019 (PST)
- @Jimkats1: Thank you very much, I also resized it so it looks similar by size, and the quality is not that bad. You deserve something special.
||You must be hungry after all the awesome editing you've done to this Wiki, have some milk and a cookie as a reward!
- --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 07:16, 10 January 2019 (PST)
- I uploaded icons from the profile page, but it appears to me now that might not be what you guys were looking for; if that's the case, please revert my uploads. -- Bogi・Talk 12:44, 30 January 2019 (PST)
- I'm actually amazed that it took you 20 days to realize that, but ok XD. The ones you uploaded are the ones used in profiles and posts. Those that we initially had are the ones used within battles. So, we can just move the ones you uploaded to new files, and separate those two versions in something like "battle" for the initial ones and normal title for yours.-- Jimkats1 | profile 14:25, 30 January 2019 (PST)
- I didn't really check, I just uploaded these because they are pretty and shiny :P Sadly, I don't think there is use for the shiny ones. If you really want to display division in profile, I guess you're looking for the blue icon. -- Bogi・Talk 14:34, 30 January 2019 (PST)
- @Bogi: I honestly don't know... They are really shinny and they look quite nice, so I would just leave it :D My primary intended use was to make more visual difference when talking about Divisions and articles related to it, and it fits perfectly if you ask me as now the size and design is the same for all 5 divisions. Therefore, I would leave them. :) --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 17:14, 3 February 2019 (PST)
- @Andycro: Well then, awesome, pretty shiny wins :D I guess we could adjust the size in the template to x25 px or so? Or make it optional? These are quite big :D -- Bogi・Talk 17:24, 3 February 2019 (PST)
- Just added size as an optional parameter. -- Bogi・Talk 08:44, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- Tbh I still disagree with that decision. The "shiny" icons don't fit everywhere. When you have different icons for the battlefield, it's not logical to use the "shiny" ones in battlefield-related pages. I still propose to keep both versions.-- Jimkats1 | profile 08:15, 6 February 2019 (PST)
- We can keep both. Maybe even upgrade the template that you can choose if you want shinny ones or normal ones. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 14:25, 6 February 2019 (PST)
Just a little reminder for editors (not gonna name anyone :P) to check wiki rewards program rules. -- Bogi・Talk 12:44, 30 January 2019 (PST)
- Thank you for digging that up. I was even thinking that we should think of rewamping the whole system at one point, but the time just flies by to figure something up. :( --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 14:25, 6 February 2019 (PST)
Articles for deletion
So, I was thinking... Perhaps we should make something like eRepublik Official Wiki:Pages for deletion, where we could keep track of and archive discussions for proposed deletions. I got the idea from Wikipedia's policy, though I don't think we need to involve as much bureaucracy as they do as we have few active editors. That way: 1) we wouldn't need to keep talk page if there was a discussion 2) if we deleted talk page and then an author or someone else wanted to take a look at the reason why it was deleted, they could. This wouldn't apply to every deletion, as most cases would fall under speedy deletion (eg. removal of redirects, duplicated pages, test pages, etc.) or articles with warning. Basically the only difference would be that discussion would take place on project page rather than on talk of the page that's proposed for deletion.
- Proposed by: Bogi
- Reason: Although there was a lot of work invested here, right now there are more than 1400 legendary players and it would be impossible to list them all here with all possible 20 legend ranks, to discover for which country was each rank taken and then to maintain this list.
- +1 Obviously I agree as I proposed it. --Bogi 08:02, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- +0.5 I'm not quite sure, but as it is, I have to say yes. --User2 08:03, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- 0 I don't really care. --User3 08:04, 4 February 2019 (PST)
-0.5 I'm not quite sure, this might have potential if someone is willing to invest time to work on it. --User4 08:05, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- That's not quite possible. --User2 08:07, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- +1 Oh, in that case, I change my mind, burn it with fire! --User4 08:08, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- -1 Absolutely not, wiki will surely fail without this article! --User5 08:06, 4 February 2019 (PST)
Maybe even simpler solution would be to keep discussions on talk pages as they are, just move them to an archive when they are finished and include link to it when deleting a page.
Example: As discussed: eRepublik Official Wiki:Deletion archive 1#List of Legends of the New World -- Bogi・Talk 08:25, 4 February 2019 (PST)
- Going with option number 2. I'll make eRepublik Official Wiki:Deletion archive 1 shortly with few of the most recent deletions listed and then link to to the deletion policy. -- Bogi・Talk 06:49, 5 February 2019 (PST)
- Always love seeing when @Bogi: goes to a complete new level of trolling himself. :D --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 14:25, 6 February 2019 (PST)
eRepublik Official Wiki:WikiProject Republic of Moldova or a portal for the Republic of Moldova
although the Republic of Moldova has the same official language as Romania ... however, I am thinking of a separate project or a portal for the Republic of Moldova ... to include the official pages ... if it is started I take care of it ... anyway, I'm the one dealing with what the Republic of Moldova means and the translations into Romanian. Stephan Condurachis "Do not ask me to become what I am not because then I cease to exist (talk) 16:58, 11 February 2019 (PST)"
- Go for it man, if it will help you maintain pages about Moldova, i support it. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 17:43, 11 February 2019 (PST)
- OK thanks for help ... I will try to bring other help if I need ... i know the people from the eRepublic of Moldova and I will get some help from them and maybe with data that interests me .... I promise to continue with updating the lists of presidents on the country and translations. Stephan Condurachis "Do not ask me to become what I am not because then I cease to exist (talk) 17:52, 11 February 2019 (PST)"
- Tbh I wouldn't advise on making a portal as it's a lot of work, needs to be constantly maintained and doesn't have a lot of audience, but if you know for sure people would be interested and advertise it properly, then go for it. As for WikiProject, good idea, especially if you can get more editors. -- Bogi・Talk 06:14, 13 February 2019 (PST)
Two years ago, user Demonaire added a bunch of user-created positions which I don't believe really exist in the game. Sure, people make products of one kind or the other, they use monetary market and stuff, but I don't really think these "positions" really exist under such names or they haven't been referred to as specific jobs. The positions are these:
- Food processor
- Gold refiner
The only real one is graphic designer. In this case, job would perhaps still be a rather strong word, as most graphic designers do it only occasionally, but I would still keep that one as it wouldn't be an unfamiliar term to most players. For the rest, I would move them into Demonaire's userspace and remove them from jobs template. Same goes for addition he made to vice president page.
I haven't really been playing for the past three years, so I'm posting this here hoping for other editors feedback in case I'm wrong about any or all of these jobs. -- Bogi・Talk 06:14, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- I agree that all of these positions he created should be moved into his namespace. My guess is that he had several companies back then, so he created this chain within his "economic e-empire" to distinguish roles of his employees. Anyway, indeed as those specific aren't mentioned anywhere else, they shouldn't exist in the template. If we were to add every single user-created job which is used by even 1 person...I will just leave it there :P-- Jimkats1 | profile 06:46, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- Lawyered! -- Bogi・Talk 07:05, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- Agree. He made nice roles, but they are not commonly used and not part of official in game functions. Gyantse (talk) 08:06, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- I think the only reason that I put them in the Jobs template was that I thought there will be used for some of the articles. I just made a search for the positions you mentioned:
- Banker has 2 hits
- Builder has a lot of hits, however most of them are with society builder
- Farmer has cca 10 hits
- Merchant has 7 hits
- Miner has 11 hits
- graphic designer has 1 hit
- Other have 0 hits, and the ones that have hits I am not sure that they fit Demonair's description anyhow. So I think that the painless solution would be to moved them to his user space if we can't have any use of them. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 21:55, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- Then it's decided. I'll move all of these into his userspace along with the content he added to vCP article. -- Bogi・Talk 06:29, 14 February 2019 (PST)
I find the following two party titles slightly problematic: secretary general and vice president. I think if we were to exclude links created by template jobs, most of the links would refer not to party position but to alliance leader and country president's deputy, respectively. What I would propose here is: split the pages and rename party titles to Secretary general (party) and Vice president (party) (or Vice party president – vPP – a familiar abbreviation), while the original titles would be reserved for positions above, as they are better known to players in general. I will work on these articles to add some content to them. Ofc, I would check the links and make corrections where needed. -- Bogi・Talk 06:40, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- The first duo (with "party" in the parenthesis) makes much more sense, mostly because that's how it's officially called even ingame. Fore example, we don't say Vice Party President, but Vice President of Party.-- Jimkats1 | profile 06:43, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- +1 I think creating articles like secretary general (party) and secretary general (alliance) is a perfectly fine idea and I even suggest that you make secretary general as a disambiguation page so you don't need to worry with correcting links. It is fine that from time to time we simply rely on disambiguation pages ;) --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 21:55, 13 February 2019 (PST)
- I'd prefer if all links were to point to a correct page, but I'll check how many links are left after template no longer points there and see if it's doable. -- Bogi・Talk 06:29, 14 February 2019 (PST)
- Erhm, links solved. Summary:
- Vice president:
- Country – 344 links
- Party – 234 links
- Congress – 10 links
- Other – 5 links
- Secretary general:
- Party – 118 links
- Alliance – 53 links
- I did indeed underestimate number of party links, but they are all pointing to the correct place now. -- Bogi・Talk 08:03, 16 February 2019 (PST)
What do you people think of a little addition to the recent changes? I remembered that Wikipedia uses it, and I think it's informative. Obviously, things can be added or removed, but the basic concept is ok I think. -- Bogi・Talk 08:03, 16 February 2019 (PST)
- I love it. Hopefully these additions will remind the authors with of the policies :D. I think those links are ok, meaning there's no need for more, I guess. Good job of thinking of that addition actually, never thought it could be added or that it would be useful :d-- Jimkats1 | profile 08:18, 16 February 2019 (PST)
I see that there are 3 pages related to the definition of various eRepublik slang and terms. ERepublik jargon, ERepublik dictionary and Dictionary. Since all of them have similar context, I propose that we should merge them into 1 page, maybe named Dictionary, for more convenience probably. Also there's no reason having 3 similar pages, which sometimes is difficult to find.
The styling that could be used for the new page, would be similar to the ERepublik dictionary with the table. Most of the content I guess will be from the ERepublik jargon, so that means the new page will have sections for each of the versions mentioned in that article. For the current version, maybe not all of its content will be mentioned, we shall see. Of course the new page will fall under the category of "Playing the Game".
Don't get confused with the Abbreviations page, since that page mentions the full writing of the acronyms and some shortened words used, while dictionaries give small info about what each of those mean + for phrases.-- Jimkats1 | profile 05:00, 5 February 2019 (PST)
- Agreed. Dictionary page seems to be somewhat different and could perhaps be moved to project namespace if I understand its purpose correctly. As for the rest, I'd say decide what goes to dictionary and what goes to abbreviations (so there's no doubled info) and then we can delete the unnecessary one(s). -- Bogi・Talk 06:49, 5 February 2019 (PST)
- +1 Dictionary is obsolete and can be removed, it was used before translations become a more integral part of the game, now it is much easier to check how is something translated. erep dictionary and jargon can be merged together in one article, maybe even simply adding an additional column to specify when it was used (e.g. Beta, V1, Rising, Current, or a combination of). Therefore, I nominate @Jimkats1: to take all relevant info from Jargon to eRep Dictionary and then from both of the articles to move some to Abbreviations if necessary, as he is already in the "groove". I will just double check some data from Dictionary and remove it in next two days to make room for the move of eRep dictionary to a more natural location. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 14:25, 6 February 2019 (PST)
- I'm not sure what to do with the abbreviations in those pages. For some of them there are few more info explained, for others there's none. Should I keep them in the dictionary?-- Jimkats1 | profile 05:01, 18 February 2019 (PST)
- I'd keep if there is a bigger explanation, but if it's something like this "VP = Vice President", remove / move to abbreviations page. -- Bogi・Talk 11:21, 18 February 2019 (PST)
- Old Dictionary has been removed and everything is ready for the move for eRepublik Dictionary and eRepublik Jargon to Dictionary and Jargon. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 14:40, 23 February 2019 (PST)
- eRepublik dictionary has been moved to Dictionary. Correction of my previous statement as the Jargon was not intended to be moved - @Jimkats1: can you merge the eRepublik Jargon with Dictionary and Abbreviations pages and just put the deletion notice on the Jargon page when you are done? --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 07:58, 6 March 2019 (PST)
- Yes, I'm onto that and trying to see if and which abbreviations will be kept in the Dictionary. For some terms I may not be sure of the exact version they were used. I was thinking for the "Version" to use Beta, One and Rising as values.-- Jimkats1 | profile 08:10, 6 March 2019 (PST)
- So, I sat today and did quite the progress with Dictionary and of course still have doubts with some changes and some terms. In short, I decided to put only community-based terms, which are global and not local-used only. May need help to verify the versions in which obsolete terms were used. Also, besides the addition of colors, the table still feels ugly and I'm not sure what else to do. Finally, if you know any other terms that fits the page, add it.-- Jimkats1 | profile 19:14, 19 April 2019 (PDT)
- @Jimkats1: It is looking good. Well done. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 13:05, 17 May 2019 (PDT)
I was going through decoration's category, which is very messy tbh (:D), I noticed some decorations have duplicates, not that they are same picture but some or just framed version of unframed ones. Here are two examples.
File:Icon leaderboard fighters 2.png v File:Icon leaderboard fighters(damage) 2nd(Military Unit)Division 4.png
Ingame decorations are framed with division and number of decorations you achieved (2nd picture), however clicking on "show picture" on the decoration gives you unframed picture without the division and number (1st picture). I would suggest we use the unframed file as this would mean fewer files uploaded and also less mess in the decoration icons category.
File:Chief master sergeant silver.png v File:Chief Master Sergeant Silver MNG.jpg
Similar to the first one, here it is also uploaded decoration with the frame (2nd picture). Uploading framed files for every country and every rank would also increase the mess in the category. So I would advise we keep unframed decorations instead of framed ones. -- Gyantse (talk) 13:13, 22 February 2019 (PST)
- I agree with you. I was thinking about making a decorations template (which would work like Battle Row templates), but to do that we need a naming policy for decorations. As it is, many are named in a different way.
- On the side note, a birdie told me nice stuff about you, but I won't tell who :P -- Bogi・Talk 17:49, 22 February 2019 (PST)
- I might be able to get the list of all decorations next week. If that happens, it might be a good time to work out naming policy and having a list of all decorations would make our job much easier. -- Gyantse (talk) 08:38, 23 February 2019 (PST)
- @Gyantse: Great work, I support frameless decorations to be kept, and definitely we can add a naming policy for the decorations. +1 --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 12:46, 23 February 2019 (PST)
- How about File:Icon - <event name> - <decoration name + details>.png? Maybe even using Decoration instead of Icon would make things clearer, as there's a lot of them and they are just gonna keep coming. Examples:
- File:Icon - leaderboards - damage dealer (ground) 1.png
- File:Decoration - leaderboards - slayer (aircraft) 3.png
- File:Icon - halloween 2015 - hunter.png
- File:Decoration - aircraft - chief master seargent gold/silver.png
- -- Bogi・Talk 10:38, 1 March 2019 (PST)
- I vote for option number two as it has all of the key words and would ease up search thorugh the files a lot. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 11:08, 1 March 2019 (PST)
- I got the list of all decorations now. Will take me some time to get through all the data I got :P
- So the naming policy should be like: File:Decoration_(event name)_(description).png -- Gyantse (talk) 01:26, 5 March 2019 (PST)
- Naming rule added to the naming and image policies. Thake your time Gyantse and I hope you will be faster than I am with some of my to-do tasks (just done some that were 3-5 years old) --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 06:30, 5 March 2019 (PST)
- I'll get on with renaming files in Category:Decoration Icons. I'll leave redirects until all files have been renamed and links corrected (which will be done by Čerbo!). -- Bogi・Talk 07:49, 5 March 2019 (PST)
- OK. Current files should be renamed now. I will proceede with uploading the decoration files I got. Also if someone can merge this files
- Decoration 5th MU tournament 1.png and Decoration MU Tournament August 1.png
- Decoration 5th MU tournament 2.png and Decoration MU Tournament August 2.png -- Gyantse (talk) 06:14, 8 March 2019 (PST)
- I'd say these are not exactly the same. First ones are given to units and second ones to citizens. -- Bogi・Talk 06:37, 8 March 2019 (PST)
What size would you prefer? -- Gyantse (talk) 06:05, 11 March 2019 (PDT)
- It depends on the use case, but in general I would like to see the 2nd smaller version in an article (btw they both look really small in relation with the text when you visit this article from mobile :P).-- Jimkats1 | profile 12:04, 11 March 2019 (PDT)
- Changing file size is easy. Might be good to have that option, though I can't think of a use of bigger image in this case. -- Bogi・Talk 12:57, 11 March 2019 (PDT)
- I would preffer the smaller one, seems more fitting for most of the usage here on the wiki. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 22:24, 11 March 2019 (PDT)
Request for returnal of rights
Hi, as stated in eRepublik Official Wiki:Wiki Administration, I would like to get my rights back.
According to the rules:
Sysops privilege, does not expire, however The eRepublik Administration will remove the Sysop access to users who become inactive in eRepublik. The access can be given back upon return without the requirement of filing a new administration. This can be requested by posting in the Bar or by sending a message to Gucio
Thanks in advance -- Daniel Dimow Talk B / C / P / S 10:41, 27 April 2019 (PDT)
- Welcome back dear sir. Request granted. --AndyCro Do you need assistance? Then ask me! ;)) 07:33, 28 April 2019 (PDT)
- Thank you very much, Andy Croatia -- Daniel Dimow Talk B / C / P / S 09:57, 28 April 2019 (PDT)