City page consists of 3 main subpages:
- Overview - holds the general information about the city which includes:
- Residents - holds the information about citizens who took the residence in the city
- Properties - holds the information about your residential and industrial properties
The cities are grouped in 5 tiers based on the number of citizens who are residents of the city. Their size not only influences the values of residential tax and the property tax but it also affects the durability bonus of the inhabited houses in the city as per the table below.
The municipality can levy taxes to fund the city budget:
- The residential tax - depends of the size of the city and is collected when a citizen establishes their residence in a city
- The property tax - is collected for each house based on its global market price and the actual (remaining) durability of the house. It is paid when a citizen moves in a house in their resident city. While the property tax will initially have an universal value, in the future it will be set by the Mayor and the city council.
The city budget is founded by the currency collected from the local taxes and a subsidy from the taxes collected at the government level.
The current subsidy is 10% of the country income and divided equally between all the cities of the country. In the future the Congress will be able to increase the value of the subsidy.
The Mayor and city council are the ones who decide on how to use the money in the local budget.
City properties hold the information about your residential and industrial properties inside city limits.
Establishing a residence
In order to establish a residence in a city, a citizen needs to travel to the city, apply for a residential permit and pay the one time residential tax and the property tax (if they have active houses).