eRepublik Official Wiki:Category Guidelines
This page documents an official eRepublik Wiki policy.
Wiki pages are categorized to link similar pages together and to organize the wiki. The list of categories can be found here: Special:Categories.
- All pages require a category. If you have questions on what category a page should be in, please review the category list.
- Category tags should be placed at the bottom of the article
- Categories should be in English
- The only exception should be language name categories, where only category of the language is allowed. Example: Andycro/Hrvatski
Party categories can be created if there are more than three pages in the category. These categories should have the following categories [[Category:People of Country]] and [[Category:Party Members]]. This decision was changed in October 2010 so this is not allowed any more.
- All categories should be further subcategorized. Please review other similar categories for help.
- Many categories have a hierarchy. For example: Category:United States of America has subcategories Category:People of USA, Category:Parties of USA. The Parties category has a subcategory of its own Category:Historical Parties of USA.
- Pages only need the category of the lowest subcategory. For example, a historical party of USA only needs that category, because that category is a sub of parties which is a sub of the country.
- Create new categories with extreme caution. If the category hasn't been created at this point, there is probably a reason why.
If you have any questions on proper categorization, please contact the sysops or make a note on the Bar.