Born on February 12, 2009, Jacobi was primarily interested in the economic and media aspects of Erepublik, forming the Carpenter Industries organization and The Merchantman, his personal newspaper as a financial blog. Carpenter Industries would grow rapidly as a grain, housing and food consortium, but would find the present economic conditions unsuitable to move forward beyond Quality 2. After a series of discussions and debates with then Finance Minister Alexander Rearden, Jacobi, a member of the Royal Feudalist Party decided to run for the March 25 Congressional elections. Because at the time the RFP was not a top 5 party, Jacobi ran as a member of the Canadian Paradox Party in Alberta. Despite using skills honed by the American Government Simulation and use of YouTube for election ads, Jacobi was side swiped by a PTO attempt by Hungary. Not being included on the “Official List,” Jacobi lost by one vote.
Frustrated by the loss and presumed lack of democracy, Jacobi campaigned for the doomed campaign of his political mentor, Dominik, for the April 5 Presidential elections. He also spoke out against the influence of the beta generation in Canadian politics and was highly critical of the government and the CAF during the theft of the CAF budget. In the run up to the April 25th elections, Jacobi would run on a campaign attacking the priorities of government for focusing on 2% of the population while ignoring the other 98%. A populist message in a time of political scandal, Jacobi would receive 10 votes in Nova Scotia, winning election as an official candidate behind Vincent Valentine and ahead of wildcard emilio sanchez.
Standing behind his commitment to the “other 98%” Jacobi's first term was filled with successes, from lowering the VAT tax on all items, increasing funding for Health Services, and created a Department of Justice to prosecute criminal behavior in Canada. However, Jacobi would be best known for his series of YouTube shows called “Congress, Today,” which sought to increase transparency and accountability in Congress. Despite this, Jacobi was almost defeated for re-election on May 25th, gaining a wildcard slot.
In his second term and with 3 term President Bruck retiring, Jacobi's thoughts turned towards some higher ambitions and was tapped as Minister of Finance in Alexander Rearden's nascent Presidential campaign. However, encouraged by members of the Canadian Paradox Party (of which he was now a full member), Jacobi decided to throw his hat in the ring and run for President himself after only been in Congress for 35 days. The election between the financial guru and young boomer was a generational one where the Congressman campaigned on a message of change, openness and accountability. YouTube ads, interviews and endorsements from the Democratic Action League and Canadian Social Democrats would propel Jacobi to a Presidential win after less than four months of playing.
First Jacobi Administration
Mired by conflict between older players who felt marginalized and newer players tasting their first sense of power, the first Jacobi administration would be marked by hostility and political extremism.