Newspaper articles serve as one of the main forms of communication in eRepublik.
Citizens and organizations can create articles if they own a newspaper. However writers must pay close attention to the Rules, especially what constitutes spam as listed in the Rules Addendum.
Enter a Title
Articles cannot be published without a title. An effective title can bring many readers to your article; an unattractive one can make them ignore it.
Write and Format
Write your content in the space provided. You can change the size of the article content space by grabbing from the bottom bar of the editor with your mouse and dragging it to size you want. You can put Images, and give many formats, to the tipography.
Using formatting tools to add styles
- - Add bold text to the article
- - Add italic text to the article
- - Add underlined text to the article
strikethroughtext to the article - Add
Links and images
- - Add image to the article (Prompt box will appear asking you the URL of image)
- (Tip: Select text before you press the URL-button to make the text as link) - Add URL to the article
- - Add an email address to the text
- - Preview the article by pressing the button
- - Deletes the draft of last unpublished article
Using manual coding to add styles
If you don't want use the article editor provided by eRepublik or you don't find the style you want (bold ones), you can also add the styling manually by writing the BBCode to the article. You can use codes found from following table:
|Format||BBCode||Use||Result in Article|
|Links inside Text||[url=] [/url]||[url=http://www.example.com ]This is a Link[/url]||This is a Link|
|Bold||[b] [/b]||[b]This text is in Bold.[/b]||This text is in Bold.|
|Italic||[i] [/i]||[i]This text is in Italic.[/i]||This text is in Italic.|
|Underline||[u] [/u]||[u]This text is underlined[/u]||This text is underlined|
|Strikethrough||[s] [/s]||[s]This Text is strikethrough[/s]|
|Subscript||[sub] [/sub]||H[sub]2[/sub]O : Water||H2O : Water|
|eMails inside Text||[email=] [/email]||[firstname.lastname@example.org]My mail[/email]||My mail|
Note1: BBCode to change font size (that did work previously), doesn't work anymore.
Note2: BBCode are in Bold to differentiate the way to do it well,links are in Blue, Image links in Red, and Mails in Green.
Note3: Some famous BBCode, like Color or Font type, are not implemented on this Media Module.
Note4: Line BBCode it's formed with "-" char. You must put more than five to make a line, and if you want several lines in a row, you should put spaces between the five "-".
Destination country and category
After you have written your article, you'll need to choose a destination country in the drop-down menu.
In addiction to this, a category has to be specified among the six ones available: First Steps of eRepublik, Battle orders, Warfare analysis, Political debates and analysis, Financial business and Social interactions and entertainment.
If you put your article in the incorrect category, moderators may change your article into the correct category.
Once you have chosen a destination country and a category, you will be able to publish your article.
Review your article one more time and then click "Publish"; a publishing fee may be required according to the following table:
Remember to check your article later to read and answer to your reader's comments!
- Keep in mind that
- no articles can be published for an hour since last publication;
- articles won't be editable or deletable after 30 days since their publishing date.
- Question: Do you restrict the width and height of images posted in an article?
- Answer: The width of the images in articles are restricted to 675 pixels.
- Rules for articles
- [TOOL] WYSIWYG article editor by eRepublik-Deutschland.de
- [TOOL] Coolest article's editor ever! by Santirub
- [TOOL] Simple eEditor by Tmin10
- Publishing fee has been introduced with Publish articles globally update on Day 2,494.
- Alongside with Publish articles globally, this time limit has been introduced on Day 2,494.