The Voting System is the method by which democratic elections take place simultaneously throughout eRepublik.
These elections take place each month and require citizens to have an Adult Title in order to be allowed to vote. Every time citizen votes, they receive 5 XP.
- On the 5th of each month citizens can vote on Presidential elections that are taking place in a country.
- On the 15th of each month citizens can vote on Party elections if they are members of a party.
- On the 25th of each month citizens can vote on Congress elections in their residential country.
If a citizen has already voted in a country/party, they are not allowed to vote again even if they change their country/party on the same day.
The official results won't be released until 24 hours after the elections have finished. More...
Requirements to become a candidate
- In order to be a candidate for congress elections, a citizen needs to be at least level XP) (300
- In order to be a candidate for party elections, a citizen needs to be at least level (335 XP)
- In order to be a candidate for president elections, a citizen needs to be at least level (410 XP)
Accessing the voting page
- If a citizen is an adult citizen, and they have not voted yet, a list of candidates will appear. A vote is placed by pressing the vote button. After voting, a congratulation message and partial results will appear.
- If a citizen is an adult citizen, but they have already voted, they will receive a list of partial results.
- If a citizen is not an adult citizen, a notification message will appear followed by a list of partial results.
Citizens need to be a party member in an order to vote in the party elections and, of course, they can only vote for the leadership of their own party.
Any party member can nominate themselves to become party president by accessing the homepage of their party and clicking on the "Run for Presidency" button.
If there are no candidates for the party president election, the sitting party president retains their position.
When accessing the voting screen, a citizen will be presented with the parties which participate in the elections for their current citizenship country.
To view the candidates, "Show candidates" button of the respective party has to be clicked. The citizen than cast the vote for a party that he/she supports.
After the citizen has voted, the partial results for the congressional elections in their country will be presented.
For information on becoming a candidate for Congress or the duties of a Congress member, see Congress member.
For information on how Congress Members are divided, see Division of congress members.
Only the top 5 political parties (based on number of members) will have candidates for the Congress elections.
Notes regarding the above statement:
- The parties that will take part in the Congress elections are the top 5 parties in a country as of right before the Day change, that is 23:59 eRepublik time of 24th of the month.
- Any party, even those outside of the top 5, can have a list of proposed congress members. That is in a case on the Day change, e.g., the 6th party joins the top 5, so it will not be in the elections with an empty candidate list.
Country President Elections
To be a candidate for the presidential elections, you need to complete all of the following three requirements:
- Unlock the presidential feature by reaching level .
- Be a party member.
- Be endorsed by any party president, however only maximum of 5 candidates can be nominated, and they are ranked by the rank of the highest supported party.
Once you have completed all three requirements for becoming a candidate, you will also need to win the elections in order to become country president.
The candidate with the largest number of votes becomes the President. If there is a tie, the highest amount of XP will be taken into consideration.
If the new president is a Congress member, they lose their congress member seat.
The election process will end as usual at 00:00 (eRepublik time), but for the next 24 hours, the results will not be final. During this time Admins will analyze the votes to ensure the fairness of the elections. If fake accounts were involved in voting, the votes cast by them will be removed. So the winners might easily change if there were fake accounts involved in the elections.
During the 24 hours delay the old Presidents, Congress members or Party presidents keep their seats. The alerts and rewards to the winners will be sent at 00:00 eRepublik time and the new Presidents/Congress members/Party presidents will step into the office.