Alliance page translations
As the discussion hasn't been going too actively, let's have a vote about what to do with outdated alliance pages (add +1 under header you like the best, comments under comments header). -- sampo555 | Talk 01:16, 1 July 2011 (PDT)
If you have some other solution, share it here. -- sampo555 | Talk 01:16, 1 July 2011 (PDT)
Delete outdated translations
- Hey, that's a cool idea. Only problem I see is that google translate can be quite wonky with their ... translations. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 02:26, 3 July 2011 (PDT)
- TranslationParty is rather amusing though Timeoin|Say G'Day 03:06, 3 July 2011 (PDT)
- I removed outdated translations about EDEN, ONE (current ONE) and Terra. -- sampo555 | Talk 05:51, 25 July 2011 (PDT)
Rewards for June...
are published. Go check them out and tell where you want your reward (if you got one and you want to give it to someone else). -- sampo555 | Talk 01:26, 1 July 2011 (PDT)
- nice, when can we expect our price? -- Daniel Parker 18:36, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- Dunno. In the future (maybe) -- sampo555 | Talk 09:09, 11 July 2011 (PDT)
- I'll be gunning the Delorean to 88 MPH ! See I'll be in the future doc! ;p -- Daniel Parker 14:53, 11 July 2011 (PDT)
I'm back again folks :) I probably wont be as active on here as I have been in the past (I am Admin of a different wiki these days, and that takes up a fair bit of my time) - but I will definitely drop by from time to time. How has everyone been? Timeoin|Say G'Day 00:53, 3 July 2011 (PDT)
- Good, I suppose. The wiki will never be the same without you editing full time :( -- Mikhail Alexander 04:36, 3 July 2011 (PDT)
- Soon enough, I will :) Ooh, and in October, I'm going to be on Radio :D Timeoin|Say G'Day 06:03, 3 July 2011 (PDT)
Question about map
"On this map: http://wiki.erepublik.com/images/thumb/a/af/Non-official-map-MT.png/680px-Non-official-map-MT.png there are missing some countries. Can you tell me in whitch zone they are?" (turbulencija)
Could someone please provide him an answer for him? Thanks in advance! --Belea2008 07:29, 4 July 2011 (PDT)
- First he could tell him (if he doesn't read the bar) that zones are defined by regions - not countries. Second: you can see the zones from Change residence page (select country and region) or from the in-game map (http://www.erepublik.com/en/map). I'll try to remember to update the map when I have time. -- sampo555 | Talk 09:02, 4 July 2011 (PDT)
- It seems that I can't find the zoom level that has been used to create the map above. So there's no easy solution to fix the map as the map doesn't show region borders without zooming it to a level where you would need to combine 2 screenshots in order to get whole Alaska to the map. We just have to wait until when someone is willing to do do few hours of cutting, pasting and aligning pixels or it becomes possible to filter the zones from the eRep map itself (or when zones are deleted for sake of simplicity) ;) -- sampo555 | Talk 09:44, 4 July 2011 (PDT)
- I'm happy to do a map like this similar to the War Maps I usually make. They look better and they are a lot clearer. -- Mikhail Alexander 09:55, 4 July 2011 (PDT)
- Actually, DW, I tried and I failed miserably, if the Admins could make a filter on the eRepublik Map to do Zones, we could use that and we'd be all happy :) -- Mikhail Alexander 18:44, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Its all those damn countries, Mikhail. If they would just ... STOP ATTACKING EACH OTHER, it wouldnt need to be updated frequently :P Timeoin|Say G'Day 08:42, 8 July 2011 (PDT)
There appear to be three new Buildings:
- Climbing center
- Shooting Range
- Special Forces center
They appear to be the same as the previous options from the Training center, Minus the 10% standard boost option. (i.e theres a 50% 0.19 gold boost, for instance. Timeoin|Say G'Day 07:14, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- Full info here (and in the wiki also if you know how to find it) -- sampo555 | Talk 07:50, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- What happened to the Erep Insider (Serious Question. I have been gone for a while. (Also, I dislike having to manually type out the italics here. Wikia auto does that. Just wanted to share that useless info) Timeoin|Say G'Day 16:47, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- Too much spam in the comments I guess + too time consuming. -- sampo555 | Talk 22:53, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- There was always spam in the comments (even in Beta times). As for too time consuming - I don't understand that one. They shouldnt take more than an hour or so to write up, and they inform the citizens of important changes. I just dont understand. Then again, there are many things I dont understand in life. Timeoin|Say G'Day 02:26, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Neither do I. Belea has been saying that there's no resources (as in community officers ;)) to keep community communication alive. -- sampo555 | Talk 02:39, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Wasnt Belea a CO ? :) Timeoin|Say G'Day 03:35, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Don't expect logic here, lol. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 04:00, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Then he should find some CO's, but it seems nobody wants to be one -- Grzechooo drop a line 07:44, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Can you blame them? They killed the EI, the MAIN way of communication to citizens :\ Timeoin|Say G'Day 08:39, 8 July 2011 (PDT)
- Don't forget the forums that currently have some "technical problems" -- sampo555 | Talk 09:04, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- I'm not. The EI article was the MOST easily accessible way to sending information out though. Its like on websites, theres geneneraly an admin/notices section. the EI was essentially that, but better :P Timeoin|Say G'Day 10:08, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- Sampo, do you really believe in these "technical problems"? (just asking) -- Grzechooo drop a line 03:34, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- Nope. I believe in this: "<Lonestar> I heard that the guy in charge of the forum (ingame) left the team and that it is the reason that it is still down" + that they don't have any will to communicate anymore (they tried it and it seems that they had enough ;) or doing it) -- sampo555 | Talk 08:17, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
2nd/3rd Anglo-Irish Wars merger
Please take a quick look and shout if you're not happy with the 3rd merging into the 2nd war article, here. As far as the UK is concerned, the 2nd and 3rd wars are the same, and the time between battles does hint at it. :) • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 05:15, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Mk, I'm going ahead with this. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 06:03, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
United Kingdom or UK
I've noticed the UK has two flags for two different names, I'd like to know which one it is so I can move all pages to the one flag. Having two is just confusing. -- Mikhail Alexander 18:43, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- United Kingdom, since that's what the game uses anyways.--vSkyzv Talk - Contribs 22:36, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Use USA for USA and UK for UK. This has been decided some years ago (ASFAIK). Ofc. we can change the policy if you want but that would mean changing many categories, tons of citizen pages and other pages that use USA and UK due to the policy set long time ago... -- sampo555 | Talk 22:42, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- If that's the case, never mind then. +1 for UK. --vSkyzv Talk - Contribs 22:45, 7 July 2011 (PDT)
- Yeap, it's always been "UK" for templates etc. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 06:42, 8 July 2011 (PDT)
- +1 for UK and USA remaining as these names. That is the world-wide standard to refer to these countries by this name, as well as on the wiki. Timeoin|Say G'Day 08:41, 8 July 2011 (PDT)
Article of the Week
I'd like to have the article of the week. If we find something we thing has the quality of being article of the week, we can put a template on it and it will be put in a category. The Admins on #wiki can then decide every Saturday what one qualifies that everyone is happy with to then make the selected article for the week. I'll also be very happy to donate free some food to that editor every week as I make wayyyyy too much food. -- Mikhail Alexander 14:53, 8 July 2011 (PDT)
- -1 Wikis should be collaborative. There should be more than one editor on said article. Wiki editors have different roles. Some people add lots of content, others fix grammar, references (a big part of Wikipedia-style wikis) etc. All of them are, arguably as important as one another. How would you differentiate this? Timeoin|Say G'Day 08:09, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- Sorry - just wanted to get argumentative. I realise that a lot of times, there may only be one major editor. However, what happens when there is more than one? :) Timeoin|Say G'Day 08:21, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- 0 - I don't really know if this is needed. -- sampo555 | Talk 09:08, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
What happened to discussion about the new homepage? Are we going to implement it? • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 06:41, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- Dunno. I've been kinda waiting for someone to say that there's a bug or something before we jump into conclusions :D -- sampo555 | Talk 09:00, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- Is there a link? (Ive been away a while, remember :P) Timeoin|Say G'Day 10:06, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- User:Sampo555/Main_Page -- Mikhail Alexander 17:25, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- Thanks! After seeing that, I now agree - that does look really awesome! :) Timeoin|Say G'Day 18:18, 9 July 2011 (PDT)
- Are we forgoing the pic and bio sections on the new layout? -- Citizen 6 Talk 01:57, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- I think we do. -- sampo555 | Talk 08:13, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
policy on sold accounts
HI, I've been trying to put my head around this, but haven't come up with a good approach how to treat accounts that got sold to other players.
So you end up with 2 persons using the same account, but generally have totally different well... personalities and experiences.
Subpages an idea?
Official policy of erep is ofcourse that's it's illegal, which makes me a bit hesitant starting with it. -- Daniel Parker 18:41, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- They shouldn't show the new person at all. The original citizen is the most important, the new guy will most likely do nothing or get banned. I know a few friends of mine who sold their accounts. They were banned within a few weeks. -- Mikhail Alexander 18:45, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- but what if the new person had a huge carreer for many years after that and made much more impact on the game as the original citizen? -- Daniel Parker 18:56, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- How rare is that? -- Mikhail Alexander 19:18, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- I know 2 from the top of my head, really high profile players now (and then as well) -- Daniel Parker 23:15, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- Add a section to the article, like "Rebirth" or "Second life"? • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 23:28, 10 July 2011 (PDT)
- what about a disambig? or is that too drastic? -- Daniel Parker 14:50, 11 July 2011 (PDT)
- Why are we even discussing about sold/bought accounts? I think no one is stupid enough to tell at his own wiki page that hey, I've bought an account and I should be banned (...after brief investigation which concludes that the original human isn't controlling the account anymore)! If someone is stupid enough - well - then he can change the article and possibly get banned. -- sampo555 | Talk 22:35, 11 July 2011 (PDT)
- -1 I agree with sampo, who'd be stupid enough to tell the world, they bought an account. -- Mikhail Alexander 23:02, 11 July 2011 (PDT)
- Well it's not the players who bought an account pointing that out, but it's me (Dutch erep historian) who want's to clarify this. That's the reason I started discussing it, because it's sensitive to say the least. -- Daniel Parker 14:40, 12 July 2011 (PDT)
- I would suggest that it is very important to be neutral about the whole thing. Without a LOT of proof that this has actually occurred, then it may backfire and end up making the contributor get into trouble (i.e. accusations without proof, etc). Timeoin|Say G'Day 02:29, 13 July 2011 (PDT)
This: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=Special:Log&page=User%3AAlexander+Janai&type=block - I would like that more than one contributor to express their opinions regarding the block reason. If the Wiki Community reaches consensus that the block reason is valid, it may lead to certain unusual requests. Par example, me asking for an infinite block on User:Quicksilver. Just my humble opinion.... --Belea2008 01:51, 13 July 2011 (PDT)
- Go to hell. IMHO. --Quicksilver 03:40, 20 July 2011 (PDT)
- The reason I blocked him is because he was banned in the game for multiple accounts usage. I wouldn't put a block on Quicksilver as she still uses her account. He hasn't used his in quite a while meaning he's left the game and hasn't edited since. If he wishes to use his account again, he may contact me and I'll unblock it or he can make another account. -- Mikhail Alexander 01:58, 13 July 2011 (PDT)
If we would start to block every user that's banned in game, it would require the integration of wiki to the in-game ban system (everytime someone is banned in game, he will get banned in wiki too). However I bet eRep team doesn't have will or resources to do this so I say we ban accounts from wiki when there's a reason for it (like unconstructive edits, vandalism etc.). Not as precaution. -- sampo555 | Talk 04:24, 13 July 2011 (PDT)
- I must agree with this. The wiki is a different entity altogether from the main game. Timeoin|Say G'Day 03:20, 15 July 2011 (PDT)
- Gotta keep 'em separated. My take on it. -- Citizen 6 Talk 20:46, 15 July 2011 (PDT)
"Max amount of translations is 2 for articles that aren't about gameplay" - do we have any policy stating that? -- Grzechooo drop a line 07:41, 14 July 2011 (PDT)
- Actually we have. No one just hadn't added it to the translation help page: eRepublik Official Wiki:Bar/October2010#Translation_limits.... -- sampo555 | Talk 13:19, 14 July 2011 (PDT)
- In general I think this is a good policy, however in the case of Belgium I would plea for a max of 3 languages (English + the two official languages Dutch and French). -- Daniel Parker 07:07, 16 July 2011 (PDT)
- To be more precise, it's 2 translations + English ;) (as in the discussion) -- sampo555 | Talk 12:26, 16 July 2011 (PDT)
- Belgians speak Dutch, French and German in RL, but in-game they mainly speak English, Dutch and French so what happens there? -- Mikhail Alexander 03:25, 17 July 2011 (PDT)
- Hmm, I think I have missed that discussion... -- Grzechooo drop a line 07:37, 17 July 2011 (PDT)
Citizen needs Wiki mentor
"I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I'm not sure how to address you via the eRepublik Wiki, I don't want to mess something up.
First, thank you for your (or your bot's message), I'll try to improve my editing.
I wanted to ask you if I could be assigned a mentor, I have applied for eRepublik Wiki Mentor Program but no one has contacted me yet (or it just doesn't work that way?).
I want to help editing the Wiki but I'm pretty inexperienced and, as I've said before I don't want to mess something up by doing things on my own, I was using my citizen wiki to practice, but as you may notice it's not going as well as I was hoping.
Thank you for your time.
P.S. Sorry if my English sucks xD"
Could someone please offer him guidance and help? --Admin 07:46, 18 July 2011 (PDT)
- After 9 days - I asked him how it turned out - answer: Nothing happened :) It doesn't matter, never mind, thank you for your concern, I'm sorry for bothering you.
- Anyway, I just nominated myself to be his mentor: http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/User_talk:Helm_Hammerhand
- Since this is my first time (as mentor), any advice is more than welcome.
- --Belea2008 03:38, 28 July 2011 (PDT)
http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php?title=eRepublik%3ABar&action=historysubmit&diff=480212&oldid=479944 - see for details.
I recommend wiki-banning User:Lomus Xon. • John F. Baker (Talk | Contribs) • 13:05, 31 July 2011 (PDT)
- Person banned :) -- Mikhail Alexander 00:15, 1 August 2011 (PDT)