Every soldier that has reached the rank of Commander can create a new MU or become appointed to a previously existing one. Another condition to become a Commander of an existing MU is to be a member more than 2 days.
Commanders have the ability to
- adjust the Recruit's orders (in order to establish the threshold for entry into the MU)
- determine the Battle priorities (to make sure the game sets prioritized battles as DO when a previous battle finishes)
- set the Daily Order for the entire MU
- remove members from the MU who've been in the MU for longer than 2 days.
If the commander decides to leave the military unit without appointing any full member as new commander, following things will happen
- If there's second commanders in the military unit, the highest ranked second commander takes his/her place;
- If there's no second commanders in the military unit:
- if there's a member with a rank of Commander or higher who have been in the unit for more than 2 days, he/she will become the new commander
- if there's no members with a rank of Commander or higher who have been in the unit for more than 2 days, the unit will not have a commander until someone fulfills the requirements
- if the commander is the last member of the military unit, the unit will be erased for good
Note: If the commander hasn't logged to eRepublik in 7 days, the commander will be removed and the above procedure will take place