Every soldier that has reached the rank of Commander can create a new MU or become appointed to a previously existing one. Another condition to become a Commander of an existing MU is to be a member more than 2 days.
Commanders have the ability to:
- adjust the Recruit's orders (in order to establish the threshold for entry into the MU).
- determine the Battle priorities (to make sure the game sets prioritized battles as DO when a previous battle finishes).
- set the Daily order for the entire MU.
- edit MU details (such as the name, the motto, the description and upload a new logo).
- appoint 2nd Commanders for the MU and captains for the regiments.
- move members to another regiment.
- remove members from the MU who've been in the MU for longer than 2 days.
- attempt the military coup in the country of MU and become a dictator by winning the military coup campaign.
If the commander decides to leave the military unit without appointing any full member as the new commander, the following things will happen:
- If there are 2nd Commanders in the military unit, the highest ranked 2nd commander takes his/her place.
- If there are no 2nd Commanders in the military unit:
- if there is a member with a rank of Commander or higher who has been in the unit for more than 2 days, he/she will become the new commander, but only if they are full members of the military unit.
- if there is no member with a rank of Commander or higher who has been in the unit for more than 2 days, the unit will not have a commander until someone fulfils the requirements.
- If the commander is the last member of the military unit, the unit will be erased for good.
Note: If the commander hasn't logged to eRepublik in 7 days, the commander will be removed and the above procedure will take place.