From eRepublik Official Wiki
Contract:Treaty of the Brotherhood of EDEN
This is a Contract. Please do not change the details included within this section. The original document can be found here.
TREATY OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF EDEN
Section A - The TREATY of EDEN
Article I. Terminology of the Alliance, Member nations and their Representatives
Article II. Membership. Admission, Duties and Membership termination
- 1. Alliance name. The following union of countries shall be formally named "the Erepublik Defence and Economy Network", abbreviation "EDEN" or formal short name "the Brotherhood of EDEN".
- 2. The nations of Croatia, Finland, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain and Sweden shall be defined as Founding Members. All future countries desiring to join EDEN will be defined as Members but upon admission shall receive equal rights and privileges in the Brotherhood.
- 2.0.1. With the exception of Article II both Members and Founding Members shall be referred to simply as Members in this Treaty.
- 3. Every Member or Founding Member is obligated to contribute to the Brotherhood and its activities the following Representatives as specified:
- 3.0.1. High Ranking Officials. In this case the President of the country.
- 3.0.2. Medium Ranking Officials. The Minister of Defence (MoD), Minister of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Vice president or their equivalent from a Member country.
- 3.0.3. EDEN collaborators or Advisors. Intelligence and Security Officer, Public Relations Manager, etc from a Member country.
- 3.0.4. Distinguished Advisor. A former High Ranking Official (i.e. country president) that has ended his term but has gained enough trust in the alliance to be kept around to provide insight into EDEN affairs.
Article III. EDEN Command Protocol and Voting Structure.
- 1. Becoming a Member. After requesting to join the Brotherhood to become a Member a country has to meet the following requirements:
- 1.0.1. Accept the terms and conditions stipulated in the EDEN Treaty.
- 1.0.2. Be evaluated and proposed for entry by a Founding Member. If a Member wishes to make such a recommendation it can simply address a founding nation for support.
- 1.0.3. Receive unanimous vote from all Members and Founding Members in favour of admission into the Brotherhood.
- 1.0.4. Conduct a public referendum either via media article or forum about joining EDEN which meets over 66% approval from the general population.
- 1.0.5. Conduct a voting in congress which meets a minimum 66% approval from the nation's congress members applying their right to vote. [If out of 40 congressmen only 36 vote on the matter that number is considered 100%].
- 1.0.6. The Command Council can hold a vote if a Member candidate needs to have a public referendum about joining the Brotherhood or not in parallel to congress vote. The CC can choose to omit either the public vote or congress vote according to circumstances.
- 1.0.7. Once a nation receives Member status the Member will not be able to post a request for Membership Termination for the next 20 days.
- 2. The Duties of an EDEN Member:
- 2.0.1. A Member should have MPPs with other Members with strategic value.
- 2.0.2. A Member must uphold the values of the Brotherhood of mutual Respect, Loyalty, Valour, Unity, Friendship and Sacrifice both within and outside its own borders.
- 2.0.3. A Member must contribute personnel for the development of the Brotherhood as explained in Article I paragraph 3.
- 2.0.4. Each member that can afford to do so shall make a monthly contribution to the Brotherhood's Central Treasury in accordance to the established Economic Protocols.
- 3. Membership termination can be effected:
- 3.0.1. At the request of the Member in question. That Member however is bound by this treaty not to act aggressively against any other Member of EDEN for a 14 day period after request of termination.
- 3.0.2. At the request of another Member. In this case a vote will be held with a required majority of over 66% to exact the Membership termination immediately.
Article IV. Diplomacy. Social interaction, Communication and Public Relations.
- 1. Command Council. The EDEN CC shall be comprised of the High Ranking Officials of all Member Nations (presidents).
- 1.0.1. The EDEN CC will essentially constitute the legislative and decision making body within the Brotherhood.
- 1.0.2. The CC will be tasked with nominating, voting and advising the Directors for the EDEN Command Structures.
- 1.0.3. The CC will represent all countries equally and carry all decisions after logical and democratic debate followed by voting.
- 2. Voting. Each Member may express votes "In favour", "Against" or "Abstain" regarding any proposal.
- 2.0.1. Only the High Ranking Officials of the Member countries and the Supreme Commander have the right to vote on EDEN matters.
- 2.0.2. Should the High Ranking Official be unavailable for various reasons he may appoint a Medium Ranking Official to represent his country's interest and cast votes in his absence. The following Official shall be referred to as Temporary Replacement.
- 2.0.3. All important Brotherhood related decisions need to pass a 24h debate period followed by a 24h voting period.
- 2.0.4. If a Member has failed to cast a vote in the allotted 48 h (24+24) time period it will be considered as Abstaining.
- 2.0.5. In times of crisis the Supreme Commander has the right to call Emergency Votes Procedures which leave only from a minimum of 3 hours to 8 hours maximum time for debate, conclusions and voting.
- 3. Structure. The Brotherhood and hence its Members take it upon themselves to establish, maintain and actively run the following organization structures:
- 3.0.1. Supreme Commander. Is nominated once every second month from the pool of High Ranking Officials and Medium Ranking Officials. Occupying this position is the candidate that gathers a majority of votes from the Member nations.
- 3.0.2. Military Operations Planning. Composed of the Representatives of each Member which occupy the Ministry of Defence or equivalent position coordinated by a Supreme Commander nominated from the entire EDEN Representatives Pool and confirmed by a majority vote from all Member nations.
- 3.0.3. Intelligence and Security Division [ISD]. Composed of the Representatives of each Member which occupy the Ministry of Intelligence or equivalent position coordinated by the ISD Director nominated from the entire EDEN Representatives Pool and confirmed by a majority vote from all Member nations.
- 3.0.4. Public Relations Office [PRO]. Composed of the Representatives of each Member which occupy the Ministry of Public Information or equivalent position coordinated by the PRO Director nominated from the entire EDEN Representatives Pool and confirmed by a majority vote from all Member nations.
- 3.0.5. Central Treasury. Created and managed by the Supreme Commander it's role will be to provide an easy way for the Members to pool together Brotherhood resources in the form of a tax.
Article V. Intelligence. Security Protocols.
- 1. Diplomacy. Is here defined as the Brotherhood's stance towards Member and non-Member nations of eRepublik.
- 1.0.1. A Member has the obligation to inform the other EDEN Members of any diplomatic moves it endeavors to make towards outside nations.
- 1.0.2. While political and diplomatic movement towards neutral or other-aligned nations outside of the Brotherhood is encouraged, a Member shall not engage in diplomatic activities that harm other Members directly or their long-term goals.
- 2. Social interaction, Communication and Public Relations. All Brotherhood Members [ specifically the Public Relations Office ] take it upon themselves to facilitate communication between the EDEN nations via: IRC chatrooms, forum and various channels designed to encourage the cultural exchange between all EDEN nations citizens and citizens from other countries.
- 2.0.1. The PR Office and its collaborators in Member countries will be tasked with informing the citizens of EDEN nations as well as other nations about the goals, non-classified operations and endeavors of the Brotherhood.
Article VI. Economic Protocols. Treasury management.
- 1. Intelligence. A Member is required to share all pertinent information with the other Members of the Brotherhood.
- 1.0.1. While all classified information gathered is freely shared among Members its disclosure to the public by any Member can only be done with the approval of the ISD Director or the SC and the Member in contact with the source of the intel.
- 1.0.2. No Member is obligated at any time to reveal the source of sensitive information or the names of its operatives in other countries infiltrated into enemy ranks.
- 2. Security Protocols. The Security and Integrity of the Brotherhood and its Members will have priority over non-Members, furthermore Security of Information within the Command Structure will be restricted to 3 clearance levels.
- 2.0.1. Level 1 Clearance : High Ranking Officials, Supreme Commander, Director of the ISD, Director of the PRO, Military Commander&Organizer, Distinguished Advisors.
- 2.0.2. Level 2 Clearance : Medium Ranking Officials and EDEN collaborators deemed trustworthy to be granted further clearance.
- 2.0.3. Level 3 Clearance : EDEN collaborators or Advisors, Ambassadors and other EDEN citizens granted clearance.
Article VII. Military Operations.
- 1. Economic Protocols should refer to how countries interact on an economic basis.
- 1.0.1. Each Member should appoint an Economic representative, ideally the chief treasurer of the national bank or some other former National Bank official agreed by the Country President.
- 1.0.2. The Members have to establish a contribution quota corresponding to each Member that may vary depending on the current economic situation and economic climate.
- 1.0.3. No Member shall sign Economic Embargo treaties or against other Members or their official allies.
- 2. Treasury. A organization will be created to collect and manage the monthly deposits from all Members.
- 2.0.1. The Supreme Commander of the Brotherhood is directly responsible with the Treasury Org security credentials during his appointment and will be liable in front of the other Eden staff members by signing a Non-disclosure and Confidentiality agreement in a contract form, agreement that will be renewed with each new appointee.
Article VIII. Amendments and Cancellation.
- 0. No Member nation may commence aggressive military or economical behaviour towards another Member.
- 1. Non-Member Classification. The Brotherhood assesses non-Member nations in the following manner:
- 1.0.1. Friendly nations. Countries that have active MPPs, close diplomatic ties and joint military operations with Members but are not part of EDEN.
- 1.0.2. Neutral nations. Countries that may or may not have active MPPs with Members for mutual protection but do not otherwise take part in EDEN military operations.
- 1.0.3. Hostile nations. Countries that have open war with a Member nation and oppose the Brotherhood in military campaigns.
- 2. Army of the Brotherhood. The Supreme Commander of EDEN, together with the Military Commander and Organizer is tasked with the following:
- 2.0.1. Coordinate with Member military Representatives in creating a statistic of the estimate damage that the combined might of the Brotherhood can deliver in various scenarios.
- 2.0.2. Raise an unified army of the Brotherhood and maintain its combat readiness at all times.
- 2.0.3. Evaluate Hostile nations and take steps into limiting their threat level by using all the means made available to him by the Brotherhood.
- 2.0.4. The Supreme Commander has the authority to devise strategies that overrule any paragraph of Article VII but their approval requires a 4/5 majority vote in favour of the plan.
- 3. Defence.
- 3.0.1. In the case of a Member being attacked by a Hostile nation all other Members are obligated to provide military and economic support.
- 3.0.2. In the case of a Friendly non-Member nation being attacked by a Hostile nation a vote will be held to determine if assistance should be provided. If the vote comes in favor with a majority of over 2/3 all Members shall provide assistance in what way they best determine. If the vote does not meet the majority of over 2/3 no Member is prohibited from rendering assistance of their own accord.
- 3.0.3. In the case of a Neutral non-Member nation being attacked by a Hostile or Neutral nation a vote will be held to determine if assistance should be provided. If the vote comes in favor with a majority of over 2/3 all Members that voted In Favor shall extend assistance. If the vote does not meet the majority of over 2/3 the Brotherhood as an entity shall not render assistance.
- 3.0.4. No Member may deny another Member the privilege of an MPP treaty unless it provides them with a strategic vulnerability in front of Hostile neighbours.
- 4. Aggression. Military campaigns.
- 4.0.1. All intentions of long term military campaigns and declarations of war by a Member must be announced to the Brotherhood at least 24 hours in advance.
- 4.0.2. A vote will be held and if a 2/3 majority support the said aggression of that particular Member, all Members must commit their armed forces to the respective campaign in a strategy-wise manner in accord with their own economical and military status.
- 4.0.3. No wars of aggression against Friendly non-Members by an active Member of the Brotherhood are permitted.
- 4.0.4. No Member shall answer calls for assistance from a Hostile or Neutral nation or aid against a fellow Member.
Article IX. Treaty Violation. Disciplinary actions.
- 1. Amendments. All amendments to this treaty must be approved by a majority of 80%.
- 2. Cancellation. This treaty may be dissolved with a majority vote of 80%. After the vote has taken place the treaty will become void after 48 hours.
- 1. If a Member breaches Article VII paragraph 0, the Member that was prejudiced by the aggressor is obligated to request a vote that terminates the aggressors Member status as described in Article II paragraph 3.0.2.
- 2. If a Member feels that another Member has breached the terms outlined in this Treaty and brought prejudice to it's interests and automatically to the interests of the Brotherhood it can file an official complaint to the Command Council.
- 2.0.1. If such a complaint is filed the High Ranking Officials must take a vote to validate the accusation. The vote is considered to be in favor of the accusation if it meets a majority of over 66% votes [100% is considered to be all the CC members minus the Ranking Official representing the offender] thus confirming the Treaty violation.
- 2.0.2. The Member that is found guilty of said Treaty violation can choose to either repair the damage caused as decided by the Command Council or accept a Reprimand.
- 2.0.3. If a Member collects over 2 Reprimands in the course of 30 days the Supreme Commander is obligated to request a vote that terminates the offenders Member status as described in Article II paragraph 3.0.2.
Section B - Final Provisions
- I. This contract and the terms outlined in Section A is valid for a number of 300 days unless the signing Members dissolve it by a majority vote.
- II. If a Member breaches the terms of the contract as outlined in Section A after the signing or if that Members' High Ranking Official edits his signature it will be obligated to pay the fine of 1 GOLD to player "admin" or have it deducted from the country accounts.
- III. This contract will remain valid even in the case of any of the signatories being banned or dead.
- ☑ BorKan, President of Croatia
- ☑ avec, President of Finland
- ☑ reboot, President of Norway
- ☑ Andrew6w6, President of Poland
- ☑ Andrew McWilliams, President of Romania
- ☑ Himan, President of Spain
- ☑ st00r, President of Sweden
✓ This Contract was signed on September 27, 2009.