Monarchy of the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom officially became a "Kingdom" on September 18, 2009 when the Monarchy Act was accepted by the House of Commons, and passed by the House of Lords. The British Monarch is the ceremonial head of state, and all powers are donated to the Prime Minister, mimicking in ways the real life UK's constitutional monarchy.. The Act established Stephen John Fry as the first "Monarch" of the United Kingdom, a position holding absolute legislative and executive authority. However, this power is exercised by the Prime Minister and Parliament who govern as representatives on his behalf.
The eUK has so far been presided over by five Monarchs, the most recent and longest serving ruler is His Britannic Majesty, King Woldy I of the electronic United Kingdom, whom ascended the throne on October 14th, 2010 in gratitude for his services and work for the eUK. He remains King, being the longest serving King of the eUnited Kingdom and longest serving Head of State in the eWorld.
On March 6th, Mr Woldy agreed to participate in wargame, and so a Revolution began between two warring factions in the United Kingdom. The Red Team, headed by Lily Jayne Summers was the principle head against the Blue Team headed by ApronChef and kcirp the Royalists, to decide who will be the next monarch of the United Kingdom. The team in Support of Woldy won the war, thus continuing his glorious reign. There was much rejoicing.
Monarchs from the Real World
At the beginning of the monarchy act, real life British figures were chosen to represent the United Kingdom.
- Dates: September 18th, 2009 - February 2010
The Act established Stephen John Fry as the first "Monarch" of the United Kingdom, a position holding absolute legislative and executive authority. However, this power is exercised by the Prime Minister and Parliament who govern as representatives on his behalf. The full title of the King is "His Britannic Majesty, King Stephen the First of the electronic United Kingdom".
|Reference Style||His/Her Majesty|
|Spoken Style||Your Majesty|
- Dates: February 2010 - 20th March, 2010
- Dates: 21st March, 2010 - 1st August, 2010
On the 31st July 2010, the Monarchy Act was amended to allow the election of citizens as Monarchs, by forum-active Party Presidents.
Kumnaa the Great
- Dates: 1st August, 2010 - 13th October, 2010
On the 1st of August, 2010, Kumnaa was crowned the first citizen Monarch, His Royal Britannic Highness the King of the electronic United Kingdom.
Woldy the Wise
- Dates: 14th October, 2010 - Present
As stated by another amendment to the monarchy act, the 5 party presidents of the top 5 parties, had to nominate a new line of royalty, which was then voted on by the citizens of the United Kingdom on the forums. Since then, the procedures for removing the Monarchy was removed by Goku Jones in 2013, thus making Mr Woldy King for Life.
The Woldean Royal Family
In King Woldy's first proclamation , he outlined the structure of the future Royal Family, and his stable.
- Dishmcds, Queen of the Sands
- Maddog Jones, Princess of Wales
- Chew-Chew-Shoe, Queen Mother
- Henry Pfeiffer Arundel, Duke of Norfolk
King Woldy's Stable
- Baron von Bremen, The Wannabe-bride Baron
- Baron von Kersovic, The Red Baron
- Baroness Thatcher, The Iron Ladyboy
- Viscount Dracula, The Viscount Count of Counterbury
- George Norfolk, Earl of Suffolk
- Valorum, Earl of Shaftesbury
- Karacticus, Earl of Snowdon
- Steven Mack and Tlawson2310, Duke & Duchess of Greater Mancunians
- John Forseti, Duke of Hazard
- Tom Fletcher, Lord Sutch
- JerryGFL, Lord of the Dance
- Goku Jones, Lord of the Flies
- McAfee01, Lord of the Ring(pieces)
- IndieKid, Gaylord
- Tomazim, Lord Ellpus
- Lord Ryan, Royal Cook
Former Royal Family Members
Timeline of British Monarchs
- ↑ http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-ukgov-the-new-monarch-announced--1544057/1/20
- ↑ http://www.erepublik.com/en/newspaper/the-people-s-gazette-184725/1
- ↑ http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/how-to-impose-your-monarchistic-will-on-the-house-of-commons-part-ii-1552113/1/20