Resource Wars (2020)
Resource Wars III is an event that started on the 6th of October, 2020 with a main goal to redistribute the resources of the New World. The President of each country creates lists of regions and assigns resources to them. The resource selection can be changed throughout the event. Selection on its own is not enough, though, as countries will need to win Resource Tokens to gain the resources.
|“ In a world of individual might, a time comes when soldiers need to fight together and leave aside personal glory for the greater good of their nation. |
In a world of endless squirmishes, a time comes when countries need to rally armies and plan precision strikes and then reap the benefits in more peaceful times.
In a world of patriarch politicians, a time comes when established rulers need to step aside and make room for astute strategists and reliable diplomats for a full presidential term to build their future.
This time has arrived once again, it is the time of Resource Wars.
Resource Wars III will start on October 7th and will run for the entire Presidential term. ”
Available Resources and Productivity
Each type of resource will retain the same impact on the productivity bonuses, based on their scarcity:
|Industry/Rarity||Very Common||Common||Uncommon||Rare||Very rare|
The currently available resources, and the ones that will be made available in the next 12 hours will be shown in the "Resource Pool" tab. Resource Placement Rules
Rare and very rare resources of the same industry cannot be placed within a specific radius from each other. A Resource War map is available, in order to plan the strategy and see how others' decisions might impact it.
Up to 4 resources can be placed in the same Region.
A Country can not assign more than 10 resources.
A token is awarded to a Country for every 30000 Domination Points (the sum of the Domination Points over all the Divisions) gathered by that Country in direct Battles and Resistance Wars (Civil Wars are not counted). Apart from the weekly Country Domination Points leaderboard, a special "Domination Points until the next token" leaderboard will also be available during the event.
The President or Dictator in charge can claim a resource for one of his Country's original Regions, using Resource Tokens. Once a Country wins a Resource Token, a resource from the resource pool will be assigned to the eligible Region of that Country.
Using the resource assignment screen available throughout the event, the Presidents/Dictators can pick one or more resources for each of the Country's original Regions. Once a Resource Token is available for each resource available in the pool, the Regions will be processed from top to bottom and the wanted resources from right to left, until an eligible Region is found for that resource. If the resource cannot be placed, the token is lost.
Once a resource is claimed, it will be displayed on the list, in the "Allocated" tab.
By contributing to the war effort citizens will be able to collect tokens that will allow the relocation of companies and other event exclusive items on the weekly challenge.
The information in this section was sent as a message to all citizens on day 4703 and is part of an.
1. How many resources can a country with 1, 2 or 3 original regions have?
- A country with a single region can get up to 4 resources in its original region.
- A country with 2 original regions can get up to 8 resources (4 in each region).
- A country with 3 or more regions can get up to 10 resources, but not more than 4 in each region.
2. What happens to the current resources of the regions?
- The current resources will disappear at the end of the event and the new resources will be added on the map.
3. What happens to Resource concessions?
- When the new resources are added on the Map all existing Resource Concessions will be removed.
4. Does placing a very rare resource affect the placement of a rare resource of the same industry?
- No, placing a very rare resource will only prohibit the placement of a similar very rare resource within its specific radius.
- A region can have both rare and very rare resources of the same industry.
- Example: Rubber blocks Rubber, Grain blocks Grain etc.
5. Can a country have more resources of the same type (industry and rarity)?
- Yes, but they need to be placed in different regions (i.e.: one region cannot have 2 Fish resources)
6. Does the area of the region matter for rare and very rare resources?
- No, the size of the region does not matter.
7. Will we be able to upgrade aircraft weapons companies?
- Yes, once the new resource distribution will be available.
8. How many relocation tokens do I need to move a company?
- You need one relocation token per company quality, no matter the distance. (i.e. a Q7 company will require 7 tokens. Raw production facilities will require 1 token).
9. How does the prioritization affect the picked resource?
- If 2 or more of the resources available in the resource pool are selected for a region when a token is won the region will get the resource with the highest priority.
- Example: A region has Cattle with priority 1 and Fruits with priority 2.
- Case 1: If the resource pool has both Cattle and Fruits available, Cattle will be selected.
- Case 2: If the resource pool only has Fruits available, Fruits will be selected.
10. Will the domination points be added live or just after the end of the round?
- The domination points are added live.