- To build a community;
- Prevent Political Take-Overs;
- To defend alliance members.
Naming and Logo
Although the alliance was formed, the name and logo were both placeholders, open to changes. The name Luna was initially chosen for a number of reasons:
- It is the opposite of Sol, the Sun, or the embodiment of everything gone wrong in an alliance.
- It 'fits' with other eRep alliance names: ATLANTIS, the sea; Terra, the earth; EDEN, the biosphere; Sol, the sun; and Luna, the moon.
- It highlights the fact that the alliance "can into space".
- It is a simplistic and easy-to-draw object (the moon).
- "It signifies the dream that followed the various moon landings—the only place Man has gone in space, beyond its home planet, and arguably its greatest accomplishment as a species. For how long has your nation been dreaming of having true friends that will stick by you? I want to make that happen for all of us." 
Due to the very nature of Luna, there were many representatives from various independent nations that are represented at the Luna Council but are not members of the alliance.
Luna was in the planning stages once it was leaked to the Wiki, and subsequently rapidly went through a charter-writing and approval process, officially existing on the 4th of April and electing a Secretary General on the 5th.
Austria officially joined Luna on May 29th, 2011.
Uruguay officially joined Luna on May 29th, 2011.
The founder of Luna, Hekter, resigned from his position as Secretary General on June 3rd, 2011.
|Active game alliances||Major alliances||Asteria • Pacifica|
|Minor alliances||Andes • Nebula • Orion|