User talk:Jameson L. Tai
- 1 Jameson L. Tai (talk • contribs • In-Game Profile)
- 2 Attention!
- 3 Welcome
- 4 Templates
- 5 Citizen Template
- 6 WOW!
- 7 Sol + Icon
- 8 Page Header
- 9 User Page Quote
- 10 About the user template
- 11 WikiProject: Australia
- 12 Unified Colour Template?
- 13 Table formats and wiki sigs
- 14 Cookie!
- 15 /* Voice your opinion */
- 16 Translating
- 17 Army Edits
- 18 neutrality
- 19 Traditional Chinese Navigation Box Templates
- 20 Official icons and flags for Taiwan
- 21 Army
- 22 Re: What you call an edit war
- 23 Review
- 24 A few thoughts
Welcome to eRepublik Official Wiki! We hope your contributions will help the Wiki grow in quality and content. One of the best places to start is with your own autobiography, or citizen page. To start, we have created this helpful tutorial that will show you some of the wiki basics: CPT.
Again, welcome and have fun! Admin 13:57, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi. Please check out the citizen page tutorial. the citizen page is different than your wiki user page ( We are different than wikipedia in that respect). --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 04:44, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- oOo My mistake, feel free to rollback my edits. Thanks. Jameson L. Tai 04:45, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
For info about creating templates see http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Help:Common_templates#Changing.2FCreating_Templates. Also importing templates from other sources often do not work. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 00:43, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, so... 350 edits to go before I can become an Engineer... I can deal with that. :) Thanks for your help! - Lieutenant General Jameson L. Tai talk / US Army 01:23, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I do not have the skills to update the citizen template. Also we are working on a new template that will have unlimited offices. Technically, military positions are not offices and really just belong on the text of the article. Also, Autoplay of music is not allowed on the wiki. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 16:48, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
- Done and alright, if you guys need help with template coding, I used to do a little bit of that... :) - General Jameson L. Tai, Commander of the HKSDU talk / HKSDU 03:04, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- If military positions are not counted as offices, then a some other indication needs to be made, either a separate heading, or some other arrangement must be met. Military is one of the "big 3" in the areas of eRepublik and positions within each country or alliance's military/armed forces/mercenary group must be recognized. (they help burn gold) - General Jameson L. Tai, Commander of the HKSDU talk / HKSDU 12:55, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- When the template was designed, military wasn't as structured or important as it is now. The new design I believe has a section for political and military. If you have skills with templates, please talk to User:MiniBill he is working on the template updates. --QJ Lincoln Talk To Me 17:41, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
You rock with the traditional Chinese! However, was it decided what icon would be used in the language menu to signify it?
|“ Traditional Chinese characters are currently used in Taiwan (Republic of China), Hong Kong and Macau. They were also used in mainland China before the People's Republic of China simplified them in the 1950s and 1960s. In overseas Chinese communities other than Singapore and Malaysia, traditional characters are most commonly used ”|
- I think a simple ball flag out of the Hong Kong flag should suffice, noting the Taiwanese influence, we also have to take into account that the majority benefactor of me translating this would most likely end up helping the Hong Kong players in this game. Most of the Taiwanese players have joined Japan instead. I don't know who's in charge of making these flag icons, but they can use the SVG file from wikimedia and import it to whatever ball flag layered template for our purposes. :) - General Jameson L. Tai, Commander of the HKSDU talk / HKSDU 04:34, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
Sol + Icon
Here you go. File:Icon-Sol.png I hope that is what you are looking for.
As for the template, it is an SVG file of my own creation. I'm a little hesitant to give it up (I might lose my purpose on the wiki ;), but if you want it I could email it to you.
Wait, ignore that, you can get it here. I forgot I uploaded that, SVGs never really took off on the wiki, the transparency doesn’t work for some reason (see User:Martin23230/Sandbox/SVG). Anyway, I guess you can have it. It is pretty self explanatory. There are four layers, you should only ever need to change the second and third.
Enjoy!--Martin23230 11:01, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- Awesome Thanks a lot! :D - Jameson L. Tai talk 11:13, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
User Page Quote
About the user template
I accidentally edited yours , instead of the one I've created , then I reversed it back to normal. Please excuse me. --Daniel Dimow 10:54, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
- It's alright, I saw the reversion. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Deputy Marshal of the eAustralian DropBears 14:39, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
- Not to run the entire thing, but inclined to help out whenever I'm available. I'm working on several things at once, so I'll be pretty busy tbh. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Deputy Marshal of the eAustralian DropBears 17:50, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Unified Colour Template?
Belea requested that I go bug some people - so I am doing so. There is a proposal currently being voted upon regarding a unified colour template, located here. Your opinion on the matter would be greatly appreciated. -- Timeoin| Say G'Day 09:27, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Timeoin... "located here" wasn't linked... lolz It's okay, I'll find it. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Deputy Marshal of the eAustralian DropBears 15:49, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
Table formats and wiki sigs
You don't mind if I may borrow some of your formatted tables to help section off some of my data, do you? Also, how do you get the funky signatures to work in the wiki? Michael Francis 18:01, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, go ahead and borrow the code. However, I would rather you make your own stuff in your userspace rather than just calling the templates from mine. It saves us both from edit conflicting or changing parts of my own code. Also, your signature can be modified in the "my preferences" section, linked on the top right bar of links. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Paramilitary Wing Director of the Church of Valkyrie 18:36, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
|You must be hungry after all the awesome editing you've done to this Wiki, have some milk and a cookie as a reward!
Thanks for letting me use your User page template, and enjoy the cookie! :D Rowan Quigley 05:20, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
- Awesome ^_^ Thanks! - Jameson L. Tai talk/Paramilitary Wing Director of the Church of Valkyrie 05:39, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
/* Voice your opinion */
http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/eRepublik:Bar#.22User.22_boxes_on_Citizen_Pages --Belea2008 17:53, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
JLT, the Army history section was not tampered with. The entire history of the Army remains. I only added a section "The New Army" explaining the reactivation. The only part changed was the "Army Structure," which was updated to reflect the Army's current structure. If you insist upon including Divisions that are no longer part of the Army in the "Army Structure" section, perhaps a "Former Divisions" section is needed? Kyler Lee Octan 19:51, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- Indeed they should be. Former divisions along with the staff department sections that you deleted should not have been removed. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 03:15, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Well, considering the section was titled "Army Structure" I thought it should reflect current structure. The Divisions that went to AGE could still be found on the AGE page. However, I will add a "Former Divisions" section and put the other Divisions and their history there. I will restore the Departments too and update them to reflect current duties. Kyler Lee Octan 04:29, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- The sections should not have been deleted. If you're going to share article space with the old Army article, you must not delete the sections from the old army. Move them all into an Old Army section or something, all of it. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 04:50, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Article updated. All old Division history and commanders were retained, tenses were updated and current commanders listed. S-3 Dept was updated to reflect actual duties, and I updated the Rank structure to include all current positions. Kyler Lee Octan 19:29, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- As you continue to ignore each and every single instruction I have provided, I have reverted all of your changes. I have already fixed what needed to be fixed. You may add on top of it, basically in the Third Generation sections. However, for historical preservation, you may not delete the information or reorganize the article further due to your editing tendencies. This is a friendly warning. The next I will seek further action be taken against you. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 20:07, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Frankly, you are the one who chose to reorganize the article. I did my best to follow every one of your instructions, while adding crucial info. The Army has changed much since you left. I simply updated the Departments, Divisions, and Rank Structure. I kept the history of the Divisions as requested and I retained the names of the former Commanders. Alas you reversed my edits again without providing reasons. You reversed all of them completely, without distinguishing any sort of info from another. Clearly factual data such as the current rank structure was removed, as well as aesthetic data such as the Division logos. Since you absolutely refused to talk to me and insulted me instead when I came on IRC to learn what I was doing wrong, what exactly you wanted, and how I could fix it, I am left in the dark about what changes to the page you will find acceptable and what was unacceptable with the specific changes I made most recently. At this point, I will likely give up all attempts to add any info newer than 6 months to that article and leave it in its current outdated state.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Kyler Lee Octan (talk • contribs)
- Don't you dare throw this back on me. Your rudeness has been clearly noted on IRC, which you were almost banned from the channel. Your edits have not been constructive and I will be watching every edit you make on this Wiki. Further editing made by your account without proper constructive intent will be seen as vandalism and will be dealt that way. This is your formal warning. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 21:00, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
I was nowhere close to being banned, JLT. The only warning given was directed to both of us. I have the logs recorded, there is little way you can skew this differently. Obviously, my statements and yours are little more than your word vs mine at this point. I am disappointed you had to take it to this level instead of trying to work things out, but due to your senior status on this wiki there is little I can do about it. You have no need to watch my edits, I have given up on trying to contribute to any material other than my citizen page. I stand by what I have said and I will refrain from further edits entirely as your view of "constructive intent" is considerably twisted. Kyler Lee Octan 21:34, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- You're not going to get "the last word" on this. Just stop digging a deeper grave and take a chill pill somewhere else. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 21:35, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
How neutral should articles on military service, companies, users etc. be? Reading through many of the articles, they are clearly biased to the subject they are describing, but I have ignored it, as I think it is expected. Is this correct? Joe Alpha 03:49, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- As a courtesy, I'd encourage you to place a talk page thread on exactly what on that particular article is non-neutral and suggest how to fix it. Do not engage in an edit war. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 04:31, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- If you're referring to the USMI article, I stand firm on our historical data preservation policy. Just because SVV may not be as notable as he once was, it does not give Dimension, his buddies, or any other party to diminish SVV's contributions, regardless of his controversial departure. It does not give the right for other users to remove parts of established eRepublik history. If you want to offset SVV's paragraph, write equally lengthed sections as eloquent as the SVV section for the other generals. - Jameson L. Tai talk/United States Rangers 05:14, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
You can check here: User:BillWilson/Sandbox01
Message me if there are mistakes. --BillWilson 05:27, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
Official icons and flags for Taiwan
Hello Jameson, just wanted to tell you that official icons, flags and anything else have to be named with Republic of China (Taiwan) as it is named ingame. So the official images are:
- File:Icon-Republic of China (Taiwan).png
- File:Flag-Republic of China (Taiwan).jpg
- File:Coat-Republic of China (Taiwan).png. Best regards --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 09:32, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Some standardization is always helpful. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Minister of Defense and Director of National Intelligence 16:36, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
Im sorry, I didn't know, next time I will discuss it with you before the making of the articles.
Re: What you call an edit war
- Neither are you apparently. I'm standing firm on that issue. In fact if I'm not mistaken SVV is back in the military, so why don't you discuss it with him. Don't kick the dog when he's down, I am not impressed in how you guys blatantly attempted to shut down that section while he was in RL basic training. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Minister of Defense and Director of National Intelligence 22:55, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, that is an inappropriate move. Please contact a sysop to revert the page move, and block the user please. - Jameson L. Tai talk/Minister of Defense and Director of National Intelligence 20:31, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- Ban given, repairing is difficult because I managed to get a moving bug. Will repair this tomorrow as I have to go now. Sorry for temporary inconvenience, but bugs happen. --AndyCro Click here to talk with me baby! ;) 13:05, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
A few thoughts
I wanted to thank you and wish you good luck in whatever your goals will be in real life.
It was a pleasure knowing you. Don't be a stranger....
Geo. --Belea2008 08:33, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks Geo! - Jameson L. Tai talk 09:13, 16 February 2011 (UTC)