When a region is kept under foreign occupation, the people’s determination to overthrow the oppressors increases over time. This leads to a determination bonus that multiplies the influence in battles against the oppressor.
Determination was introduced on eRepublik's 6th anniversary, Day 2,192 (20 November 2013).
|When a resistance war is started, the influence of each soldier fighting for the resistance is multiplied with the determination bonus.|
|Influence represents your impact on the domination bar in battles. The determination bonus only multiplies your influence, NOT your damage and rank points. In other words, players will still contribute the same amount of damage for their true patriot or battle hero medals, but their influence against the opposing side is bigger.|
- Please note that:
- Influence from bombs, rockets or guerrilla fights will NOT be multiplied by the determination bonus.
- Hits done with damage boosters and bazookas are multiplied like normal hits by the determination bonus.
How determination is calculated
The determination bonus is proportional to the number of days a region is occupied. The longer the region is held under occupation, the stronger the determination gets. For example, if Finland liberates Lapland from Swedish occupation of 200 days, and Sweden attacks the region a few days later, Finland and its allies will still have a high determination bonus when defending.
The more a region is under occupation, the more its population gets the determination to overthrow the specific occupant. Once the liberation occurs, the natives will hold grudge against the former occupant for a while. This will allow the newly freed region to have a standing chance against the former occupant for a period of time. The determination in resistance wars doesn't reset when the region is re-conquered via MPP battle.
- Determination after liberation
Determination after liberation will be computed based on the occupation determination factor the region had when the liberation battle started.
Premise: country A occupies region Z of country B for 250 days. Country B liberates the region with 6x resistance war determination (250/250 days of occupation).
Scenario 1: country A attacks region Z of country B via MPP/direct battle immediately.
- Country B will have ~5.9x defensive battle determination.
Scenario 2: country B attacks country A via MPP/direct battle.
- Country B will have zero offensive battle determination.
Scenario 3: region Z has been free for 8 days. Country A attacks region Z.
- Region Z will have ~4x defensive battle determination.
Scenario 4: region Z has been free for more than 20 days. Country A attacks Region Z.
- Region Z will have zero defensive battle determination. Country A conquers region Z. Resistance war determination is once again calculated based on the number of days country A held that region over the last 250 days. Determination will be lower than last time, but not by much, since only 20/250 days of freedom have been added. Country B liberates the region with ~5.9x resistance war determination (230/250 days of occupation). Region Z will once again have ~5.9x defensive battle determination versus country A when attacked via MPP/direct battle.
Scenario 5: country C attacks region Z (country C did not occupy region Z in the past 250+ days).
- Country C will face zero defensive battle determination. Country C will face zero resistance war determination (0/250 days of occupation). Country B liberates region Z. Country A attacks region Z. Country A will face defensive battle determination and if it conquers the region will face resistance war determination based on days of occupation.
Q: Does determination go down only when region is free or does it go down for Occupier A if Occupier B holds the region?
- A: Resistance War Determination will go down for Occupier A for every day it is not occupying the region, thus it will go down in both cases.
Q: Country A attacks Country C in Region Z. Will Country A face determination?
- A: Defensive Battle Determination will only apply to Country B, the original owner of the region.
Basics: Military tutorial • War • Declare war • Natural enemy • Airstrike • Battlefield • Battle • Battle priorities • Determination • Empire • Defence shield