Resistance wars are wars started by citizens who want to free regions of their citizenship country from occupation.
Starting a resistance war
The tools to organize a Resistance War ("RW") appear for all citizens who are located in a conquered region.
You and nine other citizens can support a resistance war. You all receive the Resistance Hero achievement if the region is liberated.
You can only support and start a resistance war if:
- you are located in the region you wish to liberate;
- you have 1000 currency;
- ten (10) citizens support the resistance war;
- the region was conquered more than 24 hours ago;
- the resistance force of the country is not currently fighting a resistance war in another region in the same conquering country;
- the region is not involved in a campaign.
The resistance war starts automatically when the tenth citizen supports the resistance war.
If the region's original country reconquers the region (by normal war or natural enemy) before the resistance war begins, the citizens that supported the resistance war will receive their 1000 citizen currency back.
(For example, South Australia is occupied by Indonesia. Eight people support a resistance war so it has not yet started. If Australia, the original region owner, conquers the region by a traditional battle, the eight citizens that gave 1000 citizen currency (AUD in this case) to starting the resistance war get their money back).
If the resistance war fails (ie, occupier successfully defends the region), the citizens that supported the resistance war will not be able to support another resistance war for next seven days. They will see the Support button, but when they click on it they will receive a message that explains why they can't support the resistance war.
Additionally, citizens can show their approval of a resistance war by voting for it at no cost. These votes do not count as support. If you voted for or supported the resistance, you will be informed when the resistance war starts via an alert.
Since day 1785 the next modification was brought to the Resistance wars:
If a country starts a Resistance War against an invader and loses the battle, the resistance force will have to wait 24 hours before starting a new Resistance War against the same invader.
This cool down period will be applied to all the original regions of the countries under the occupation of that invader.
Please note: The cost of supporting a resistance war is NOT refundable after a Resistance War starts. The only exception is when a citizen supports a Resistance war in a conquered region of country A, but a Resistance war is launched in another region of country A, in such cases the sum of 1000 currency is returned to the citizen's account.
Fighting in a resistance war
To fight you must reside in the country that owns the region where resistance war is active. The fight process is the same as in normal battles. The only difference is that you must choose a side you want to battle for. The side is chosen from the war page:
Since eRepublik's 6th Anniversary, on Day 2192 when a region is kept under foreign occupation, the people’s determination to overthrow the oppressors increases over time. This leads to a Determination Bonus that multiplies the influence in battles against the oppressor.
- When a Resistance War is started, the influence of each soldier fighting for the resistance is multiplied with the Determination Bonus.
- Influence represents your impact on the Domination Bar in battles. The Determination Bonus only multiplies your Influence, NOT your Damage and Rank Points. In other words, players will still contribute the same amount of damage for their True Patriot or Battle Hero medals, but their influence against the opposing side is bigger.
Please note that:
- Influence from Bombs, Rockets or Guerrilla Fights will NOT be multiplied by the Determination Bonus
- Hits done with Damage Boosters and Bazookas are multiplied like normal hits by the Determination Bonus
How is the Determination calculated?
The Determination Bonus is proportional with the number of days a region is occupied. The longer the region is held under occupation, the stronger the determination gets.
Once a region is liberated, the determination will decrease gradually. For example, if Finland liberates Lapland from Swedish occupation of 200 days, and Sweden attacks the region a few days later, Finland and its allies will still have a high Determination Bonus when defending. If, however, Sweden conquers the region back despite the high Determination Bonus, the determination is then set to 0.