Aircraft battles or Aerial battles are part of the regular campaign, mixed with regular tank battles at a ratio of 1 to 3 (after each 3 tank battles the fourth one will be an aircraft battle). They were introduced on day 3165.
- Aircraft battles are not divided between divisions, and all the fighters’ influence will count against one wall.
- An aircraft battle will give 22 campaign points to the winning side (winning all divisions of a tank battle awards 11 campaign points). A total of 94 campaign points is still required for winning a campaign.
- Mutual protection pacts are active in aircraft battles.
- Players can fight in aircraft and tank battles.
- In the initial release aircraft battles will not be subject to the epic state mechanic.
Fighting as a pilot
- In-game strength doesn't impact pilot abilities. A new skill that can be evolved daily will be available in the future. Once available, the maximal daily progression of that skill will be far lower than what is currently possible for the strength attribute in order to avoid significant gaps between old and new players over short periods of time. Developing the coordination using dedicated facilities similar to the training grounds will be possible but again, the coordination bonus will be lower than to what the training grounds accustomed us.
- When fighting as a pilot all the players will gain experience points, even the ones that have purchased infantry kits.
- Current damage booster items cannot be used when fighting on an aircraft battle. The damage bonus received with the elite citizen status and the natural enemy bonus applies when fighting as a pilot.
- The damage accelerator can be used on aircraft battles.
- The military rank bonus available in the war stash pack will count towards aircraft ranks progression.
- Only weapons produced in the aircraft weapons industry can be used as a pilot. Bazookas, rockets, cruise missile and bombs and other existing “super weapons” cannot be used in aircraft battles. The pilot can also fight without weapons as the damage formula used in the tank battles applies.
The infantry kit in aircraft battles
- The experience inhibitor feature of the infantry kit will not work in aircraft battles.
- For those citizens that are used to dominate their division and do want a taste of the aerial battles and unlock the benefits of the higher experience levels as elite citizen damage bonus or free strength training, there is maverick pack available. It enables players to switch divisions without any constraints such as bringing down an objective or consuming currency.
- The max hit rule introduced during the latest Resource War event (your damage per hit is capped to the highest one done by a citizen belonging to that division on that specific battle) will apply for the new pack. Citizens that purchase the maverick pack will still be able to get the infantry kit pack.
The citizens that deal the most damage in aircraft battles (for each of the involved sides) will earn the new Sky hero medal (similar to the current Battle hero medal), and receive 30 gold as reward. Sky hero medals will be available for each aircraft battle of the campaign.
Special decorations are available for the citizens that manage to achieve first the new military in their worldwide and in their citizenship country. The first citizen to reach a new rank (in either worldwide or national rankings) will receive a golden decoration, while the next 9 citizens will receive silver decorations. Only the very first rank of its kind will count (the Squadron Leader rank will award decorations, the Squadron Leader** will not).