Basics: Military tutorial • War • Declare war • Natural enemy • Airstrike • Battlefield • Battle • Battle priorities • Determination • Empire • Defence shield
Aircraft battles, also referred Air battles or Aerial battles, are part of the regular campaign, mixed with regular ground battles. After 3 ground battles, the fourth one will be an aircraft battle. Aircraft battles were introduced on Day 3,165.
The division that fights in aircraft battles is Airforce.
- Aircraft battles are not divided between divisions, and all the fighters’ influence will count against one wall.
- An aircraft battle will give 22 campaign points to the winning side (winning all divisions of the ground division battle awards 11 campaign points). A total of 94 campaign points is still required for winning a campaign in a war.
- Aircraft battle occurs every 4th round in a campaign, meaning at the rounds 4, 8, 12 and 16.
- MPPs are active in aircraft battles.
- In the initial release aircraft battles will not be subject to the epic state mechanic.
Fighting as a pilot
- In-game strength doesn't impact pilot abilities. Aviation's corresponding skill is perception, however, perception is on a permanent 0 level so that new players could compete with old players more easily.
- All players will gain experience points normally, even the ones that purchased infantry kits.
- The damage accelerator and prestige points booster can be used normally. Other battle and damage boosters CANNOT be used.
- The damage bonuses received with the elite citizen status and the NE apply normally.
- The military rank bonus available in the War stash pack will count towards aircraft rank progression as well.
- Only weapons produced in the aircraft weapons industry can be used. Bazookas, rockets, cruise missile and bombs and other existing special weapons CANNOT be used in aircraft battles. The pilot can also fight without weapons.
Damage (influence) calculation
It is reminded that influence is what is actually calculated and not damage, as influence now has much more weight in battles, while damage has lost its value in such degree that it is like no longer exists.
The formula to calculate the damage is the same as the one for the ground battles, but having perception set constantly to 0, it is simplified and becomes:
I = 10 × (1 + R/5) × (1 + FP/100)
Infantry kit in aircraft battles
The experience inhibitor feature of the infantry kit will not work in aircraft battles.
There are two main awards given for the performance in a ground battle:
- sky hero - for each citizen, on both sides, with the highest influence in their air division battle
- top aviator achievement - for each citizen who has been ranked in the Top 100 highest daily influences for 30 different days in air battles
Special decorations are available for the citizens that manage to become the first citizen to reach a new rank in either worldwide or national rankings. They will receive a golden decoration, while the next 9 citizens will receive silver decorations. Only the very first rank of its kind will count (e.g. the Squadron Leader rank will award decorations, the Squadron Leader** will not).
|Soldier related terms|
Basic concepts: Military rank • Aircraft rank • Strength • Damage • Influence • Weapon • Booster • Battlefield • Ground battle • Aircraft battle