Travel changes the region in which the citizen is located.
By travelling, citizens are allowed to:
- applying for citizenship of Country that own the region;
- change/set the regional residence;
- create an holding in this region;
- buy products also in the national market of this region;
- support a resistance war if the region originally belonged to the Country that correspond to the citizenship;
- participate to direct and resistance wars involving the Country that controls the region in which it is located.
- moving ticket, if you have one that allows you to cover the distance of the trip;
- otherwise, paying with local currency for the price of 20*(zones to be crossed) .
- Currently there are no level or strength requirements needed in order to change residence, but previously (before June 2014) citizens needed a minimum of 60 Experience points (Experience level ) to travel.
How to travel
Clicking on the main menu "My Place" -> "Travel", or faster clicking the "change" link near the Location on your profile page, you open the panel for the trip. Now, on the left there are info about actual region, on the other side you see a drop-down menu that allow you to choose:
- the destination Country;
- the region, from a list of regions that currently the Country own.
Once done, press the Move to position button to move to the new region.
The moving cost will appear when the region is selected in the corresponding drop-down menu.
You can use moving ticket to complete the transfer, otherwise a sum starting from 20 will be required; the value depends on the departure and destination zones.
- Before September 2012, the change of residence allowed citizen to vote for Congress candidates for the destination region. Later, the change of residence is no longer allowed to vote in a country without first having requested and obtained the relative citizenship.
- In spite of what happened in the past, the possession of companies and/or newspapers will not involve any automatic transfer process, in fact newspapers and companies have the same citizenship as the player (the company will remain in your holding region).
The New World is divided into zones: they affect the moving process by determining its cost according to the distance from the the start point to the end one.
- If you want to move between regions or countries inside the same zone, you can use a moving ticket for 1 moving distance or pay 20 .
- You'll need 1 moving distance point for each zone you go across, according to the following grid:
- The number of cells between two given cells, the starting and the destination, correspond to the number of zones to cross to reach the destination.
- West (1) and East (5) are adjacent, like North (A) and South (D). The eRepublik map is a sphere for moving and a cylinder for region adjacency.
- From France to USA: you'll go across A3 > A2 > A1 > B1, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 4 or 80
- From South Australia to Alaska: you'll go across D5 > A5 > A1, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 3 or 60
- From Ireland to West Russia: you'll go across A3, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 1 or 20
- From Brazil to Middle Russia: you'll go across C2 > C3 > C4 > B4 > A4, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 5 or 100
- From South Africa to Germany: you'll go across D3 > A3, so you'll need a Moving Ticket with a Itinerary component at 2 or 40
When you move:
- the local currency continues to be the same of own citizenship, without any exchange or fee;
- the most suitable moving ticket will be used to cover the distance requested, otherwise the relative sum of currency will be paid;
- energy will be consumed according to the quality of the moving ticket (except if the transfer happened by paying).
- Region - find out more about regions
- One:Change residence - how it looked in older version of the game