Travel is an option that citizen uses to change the region in which the citizen is located.
By travelling, in the region where they move, citizens are allowed to:
- apply for citizenship of the Country that owns that region;
- change/set the residence to the city of that region;
- create a holding in that region;
- buy products in the national market of that region;
- support a resistance war if that region didn't originally belong to the Country currently controlling the region;
- participate in direct and resistance wars involving the Country that controls that region.
When moving, it's needed:
- moving ticket, if you have one that allows you to cover the distance of the trip;
- otherwise, paying with local currency for the price of: 10 CC per every 100 kilometres; minimum cost is 20 CC.
How to travel
There are four ways of how a citizen can start to travel:
- clicking on "Main menu" --> "My places" --> "Travel"
- clicking the "change" link near the Location on your profile page
- clicking your current location on the sidebar on the left, which can be found on most of eRepublik pages
- when joining a campaign the player will be asked to choose a side and will travel to the nearest zone belonging to that country.
The first three ways will pop-up the travel window, in which you can view:
- on the left the info about your current location and your residence location
- on the right side the selection of the new location with two drop-down lists that allow you to choose:
- the destination country;
- the destination region, from a list of regions that the destination country currently controls. Note: If the selected destination country has no regions under their control, no regions are selectable; another destination country has to be selected.
Once done, press the Move to position button to move to the new region.
Cost of travel
Moving tickets will allow distances based on their quality, each quality providing 1000km of travel range. Multiple tickets will be used if necessary.
Travel range of tickets:
- Q1 Tickets: 1000 km
- Q2 Tickets: 2000 km
- Q3 Tickets: 3000 km
- Q4 Tickets: 4000 km
- Q5 Tickets: 5000 km
This means you can pay by using one of the following 6 combinations:
- 2x Q1 Moving tickets OR
- 1x Q2 Moving ticket OR
- 1x Q3 Moving ticket OR
- 1x Q4 Moving ticket OR
- 1x Q5 Moving ticket OR
- 200 CC
When you move:
- the local currency continues to be the same of own citizenship, without any exchange or fee;
- the most suitable moving ticket will be used to cover the distance requested, otherwise the relative sum of currency will be paid;
- energy will be consumed according to the quality of the moving ticket (except if the transfer happened by paying).
The companies and newspapers owned by you will not involve any automatic transfer process, in fact, newspapers and companies have the same citizenship as the player (and the companies will remain in your holding region).
- Before July 2020 (until day 4606 - Jun 30, 2020) cost of the travel was calculated as: 20 CC multiplied with the number of travel zones to be crossed .
- Before June 2014 citizens needed a minimum of 60 Experience points (Experience level ) to travel.
- Before September 2012, the change of residence allowed the citizen to vote for Congress candidates for the destination region. Later, the change of residence no longer allowed to vote in a country without first having requested and obtained the respective citizenship.
- Travel zones
- Region - find out more about regions
- One:Change residence - changing residence in V1 version of the game