eRepublik link: https://www.erepublik.com/en/economy/exchange-market/
In eRepublik, citizen can exchange their national currency for Gold or Gold for their national currency. They can do this action by accessing the Market tab in the main menu and choosing the Monetary market option.
To be eligible to exchange Gold for national currency, citizen needs to be level or above (unless they have purchased gold in the Shop - not including Gold Offers). Every citizen can exchange national currency for gold.
- Citizens can only exchange a maximum of 10 GOLD per day through the monetary market or donations.
- Organizations can acquire a maximum of 1000 GOLD per day through the monetary market.
In the top section, citizens can see what are they buying and what are they giving in exchange.
- Clicking on the button gold and currency will switch places which means that citizen will instead of buying gold be now buying currency and vice-versa.
The page shows all exchange offers between Gold and national currency of the country whose citizenship citizen has. The page will list the offer with the lowest (best) exchange rate first.
How to Buy
- Insert an amount to buy (the value will contain 2 decimals):
- Click buy button
Clicking Buy will open the text: Buy (amount) (selected currency for buying) for (amount2) (selected currency for selling)? OK/Cancel. Where amount is the value inserted in the value from the Amount to buy field.
By clicking OK, an information message will appear: You have bought (selected currency for buying) for (amount2) (selected currency for selling) and the money will be transferred between the two accounts. The offerer receives an alert after the transaction is over. Clicking Cancel closes the text frame.
- If the total cost value is greater than the value in your selected account, the following message will be received: You do not have that much currency in this sell account. Please choose a different sell account.
Lists only a line with the new offer that has the same fields (except Amount to buy) as all offers but with editable Amount (two decimals) and Exchange rate fields (three decimals). Also, will have a button called Update instead of the Buy button.
- If the selling value is greater than the value in your account, the following message will appear: You do not have that much currency in this sell account. Please choose a different sell account.
- If the selling value is lower than the value in your account, the following message will appear:
The offer had been saved successfully! It will appear on the market in a minute!
Posting an offer will temporarily deduct from your account the amount of the currency you sell until you update or remove the offer.
You can remove or update your offer anytime by accessing the My offers (link).
Special Notice: the offer you post on the monetary market will automatically be erased after 10 days (240 hours) and you will receive an alert: "Your monetary exchange offer consisting in [value posted in the offer] of [currency1] at an exchange rate of 1 [currency1] = [offer in currency2] has expired and the money has returned into your account. Visit again the monetary market to post a new offer. ".
Speculation on the Monetary Market is a method used to increase earnings beyond that which can be obtained through working every day. It is inherently risky so should not be attempted until a thorough understanding of the market is obtained. It was much more used in the V1 version of the game.