|I, Karacticus, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, hereby appoint Malta_1990, Officer of the Order of the British eRepublik Empire, as conferred by the United Kingdom Honours Committee.
Malta_1990, commonly known simply as Malta, was a real-life Maltese citizen, but also prominent British politician and former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He was elected on the fifth of April 2009, the first TUP Prime Minister since Final Destiny a year before. He was succeeded by SaraDroz. When he played, he was highly active on the forums and in-game, and was well known and popular in both the UK community and across the world.
Early Days and the London Mayor elections
One of Malta_1990's first actions on the 29th June 2008 in the New World was to join The Unity Party (TUP). His main convictions for doing this were two-fold. Part of the reasoning was that he wished to follow his personal left leaning ideals, however, the main reason was that the informative press releases penned by Paul Hudson and Final Destiny inspired his feelings to unite and work in harmony for a greater United Kingdom. To this day, Malta_1990 still considers Final Destiny to be the politician which has inspired him the most in the New World, alongside Frufru and Stan Wephen. Despite the initial promise Malta felt in joining TUP, he felt detached from the leadership due to him not being aware of the eUK Forums and the fact that TUP was in decline following the 313 Exodus.
After much deliberating and soul searching, he switched to the other Centre-Left party in the Top 5; the United Belgian Party. His membership here did not last long either, mainly due to the language barrier, but also due to the detached nature of the Belgian community. Just 4 days later, Malta moved on to The Great Britain Party, which only had four members at the time, with the intention of running for Party president of the inactive party and change it to suit his own political ideologies. In order to get a step on the political ladder, he ran for London mayor in the first ever Mayoral elections which he witnesses. Despite only being in the game for just over three weeks and not being on the UK Forums, he still managed to garner a respectable 3 votes, gaining 5% of the vote. He placed third out of 4 candidates, behind Stan Wephen from the People's Communist Party and from The Right Party, who gained 60% and 33% of the vote respectively.
Moving Up North and the Return to TUP
The 21st July 2008 marked a pivotal turning point in Malta_1990's political career. While trawling through the UK Media, he came across an advert in Newcastle Matters, owned by Frufru promoting a new scheme called the Regional Regeneration Scheme, which helped new citizens to move out of London for free, to one of the outer regions. Malta jumped at the opportunity and moved to Newcastle-upon-Tyne. His wellness got immediately boosted through NHS gifting and he received a 50 GBP grant to buy a Q1 House. The article also linked readers to the eUK Forums which were the key to Malta_1990's success in politics. On the UK forums he also found out about the Party Forums. Malta credits joining the forums as the only reason why he stuck around after the Mayoral elections and decided to rejoin TUP.
One of his first actions in Newcastle was to ask if he could offer any help to the region's Mayor, who also happened to be Frufru. Malta was given the role to help recruit people to the region by further advertising the Regional Regeneration Scheme. Slowly but surely, he began settling into his new region and getting acquainted with the community. Within TUP, he decided to run for Party president for the first time, after the incumbent, decided not to run CBall. Malta_1990 got 2 votes, achieving 6.5% of the vote, placing joint third with davidsaxton, behind Alain Bates with 22 votes (71%) and Hassan Pesaran with 5 votes (16%).
is a noted TUP Politician, based in the North East of England region of the UK. He has been a congress member representing the region since September, before his election as Prime Minister. During that time he also worked as an National Health Service Director, under Minister of Information and finally Minister of Information and Education. He became well known as the moderator of the House of Commons, and his expertise is still in House politics.
Malta_1990 started out as a food industry worker. He is an experienced manufacturing worker who had worked his way up through the quality levels to work for one of the top Q2 food manufacturers in the United Kingdom. Malta joined the Food Industry Union during its founding, and was one of its first members.
In late August 2008, Malta entered into a business partnership with wardy, creating the SO of WM Investments. In mid-September, a new partner, mosmosmos, joined the partnership. Their first company was called Super Saver, a Q2 food company in Yorkshire & Humberside. This company was later renamed KFC - UK. His fellow business partners became dormant when V1 was launched in November and Malta took over control of the organisation.
- S&S Unlimited
- Eden Guns Q1
- Eden Guns Q2
- Banana Rifles
- Zycon Gifts
- Aurum Air
- Royal Weapon
- KFC - UK
- Aurum Cuisine
- Saxton Housing
- Tesco PL
- Polish Sausages
- Love Me Weapons + Shop
- Royal Guards Service
- Royal Navy Service
- Special Forces Service Medal
- French Toast Campaign (ATLANTIS Invasion of France)
- Belgian Independence Campaign (Brussels Rebellion)
- South American Campaign (Brazil-Argentina War)
- Asian Campaign (Romania-Indonesia War)
- North Atlantic Campaign (Great War of 2009)
- Nordic Campaign
- Second Central European Campaign
- New England Campaign
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom:
- April 6, 2009 - May 5, 2009
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of North Korea
- June 6, 2009 - July 1, 2009
- Minister of Finance of North Korea
- May 26, 2009 - June 5, 2009
- Minister of Information & Education of the United Kingdom:
- January 6, 2008 - February 5, 2009
- February 6, 2008 - March 5, 2009
- Under Minister of Information & Education of the United Kingdom:
- March 6, 2009 - April 5, 2009
- Under Minister of Home Affairs (Wiki Department) of the United Kingdom:
- August 5, 2009 - N/A
- Under Minister of Information of the United Kingdom:
- September 7, 2008 - October 7, 2008
- October 7, 2008 - November 7, 2008
- Member of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom:
- September 2, 2008 - October 1, 2008
- November 2, 2008 - November 25, 2008
- November 26, 2008 - December 25, 2008
- December 26, 2008 - January 25, 2009
- January 26, 2009 - February 25, 2009
- February 26, 2009 - March 25, 2009
- March 26, 2009 - April 25, 2009
- August 26, 2009 - N/A
- Member of the Halls of Congress of North Korea:
- May 26, 2009 - June 25, 2009
- June 26, 2009 - July 1, 2009
- Member of the House of Lords of the United Kingdom:
- July 4, 2009 - N/A
- Party president of The Unity Party (United Kingdom):
- February 16, 2009 - March 15, 2009
- Party president of the (North Korea):
- June 11, 2009 - June 30, 2009
- Party president of Maltese eRepublik Party (United Kingdom):
- August 16, 2009 - August 23, 2009
- National Chairman of Regional Unity Party
- August 30, 2009 - N/A
- British Ambassador to Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania:
- May 6, 2009 - May 18, 2009
- North Korean Ambassador to India:
- May 19, 2009 - June 5, 2009
- Member of The Unity Party (United Kingdom):
- June 29, 2008 - July 9, 2008
- July 22, 2008 - May 5, 2009
- July 1, 2009 - August 13, 2009
- August 24, 2009 - N/A
- Member of the
- June 4, 2009 - June 30, 2009
- Member of the City Party (North Korea):
- May 20, 2009 - June 3, 2009
- Member of Maltese eRepublik Party (United Kingdom):
- August 14, 2009 - August 23, 2009
- Member of the Partidul Liberal (Romania):
- May 6, 2009 - May 14, 2009
- Member of The Great Britain Party (United Kingdom):
- July 14, 2008 - July 21, 2008
- Member of the United Belgian Party (United Kingdom):
- July 10, 2008 - July 13, 2008
- Bank of Newcastle Chairman:
- October 14, 2008 - N/A
- WM Investments Chairman:
- March 13, 2008 - N/A
- WM Investments Director:
- August 21, 2008 - March 13, 2009
- Eurasian Holdings Director:
- June 24, 2009 - N/A
- KFC - UK Co-Owner:
- August 21, 2008 - March 19, 2009
- Statoil Co-Owner:
- December 15, 2008 - January 9, 2009
- Private, Platoon D, UK Paratroopers
- August 24, 2008 - September 1, 2008
- Private, Squad G, UK Reserves
- September 2, 2008 - November 1, 2008
- Sergeant, Squad G, UK Reserves
- November 2, 2008 - December 12, 2008
- Sergent, Squad A2, Royal Guard
- December 13, 2008 - January 12th, 2009
- Private, Squad A1, Royal Guard
- January 13, 2009 - February 19th, 2009
- Private, Squad A3, Royal Guard
- February 20th, 2009 - May 6, 2009
- Private, Squad A, Royal Navy
- May 7, 2009 - June 1, 2009
- Corporal, Squad B, Royal Navy
- June 2, 2009 - June 22, 2009
- Captain, HMS Edinburgh, Antarctic Fleet, Royal Navy
- June 23, 2009 - July 24, 2009
- Captain, HMS Defiant, Pacific Fleet, Royal Navy
- July 25, 2009 - August 2, 2009
- Private, Platoon E, UK Paratroopers
- August 2, 2009 - N/A
Countries & Regions of Residence
Regions of Residence are listed in order of time spent. This varies from 11 months to one day.
| North East of England, United Kingdom
|| Scotland, United Kingdom
|| Jharkhand, Iran
Real Life Tragedy
On the 29th of December, 2010, the eUK forum community was informed by Malta's brother, Andre, of his tragic death, on the 4th November 2010.
Quoted from an article published in a Maltese newspaper, Andre DeBattista writes: 
|“ Matteo once wrote; “Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!”
Despite his physical disability and the brevity of his life, he certainly made sure what he wrote was true.
Matteo never let his disability get the better of him. He treated it as a minor inconvenience and pursued life with the zest and energy very few able-bodied people have.
At the age of 13, he won a competition which took him to the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
At 16, three months after undergoing major surgery, he successfully sat for his O-Level exams.
He began reading Social Work and Social Policy at the University of Malta with the aim of entering a profession that could improve other people’s lives.
For 20 years he was my loving brother and my personal inspiration. To others, he was a precious son, a loyal and inspiring friend, a dedicated student or simply a Valletta FC and Chelsea supporter.
Matteo was supportive and caring and was always there to listen and give short, but very valid advice.
He was always very interested in current affairs and would spend hours discussing what was happening in the world.
During debates, he was respectful, yet very determined to get his point of view across.
His sense of humour would have every one of us in stitches. His contagious smile and his good humour never left him and this never failed to inspire all those around him.
He leaves behind a huge void and an unbearable pain. We who are left to mourn can only console ourselves in the fact that there is no death, no pain, no darkness, and no tears in the world where the righteous dwell with God.
Matteo – we all miss you and we all love you so much.
Until we meet again, watch over us. ”
An avid, inspiring and brilliant eUK citizen and friend to many, Matteo (Malta's name) will be missed sorely. In honour of his passing, an article was released calling for the addition of Malta to eRepublik, a campaign for which Malta had fought for incredibly strongly.
|“ Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away ”|
Rest in peace, Matteo.