This article is part of the series:
The PEACE Global Community (formally People of Earth Associated under Common Excellence: Global Community, known colloquially as PEACE or the PEACE GC) was a worldwide military alliance that in its original incarnation consisted of all former FIST member nations as well as many former Mediterranean Alliance and PANAM members. PEACE was the largest alliance in eRepublik history, growing from its original 15 member countries to a peak of 30. After a schism in November 2009, much of PEACE's military strength and nearly all of its most prominent members left the alliance to later create a new alliance, PHOENIX.
PEACE was largely a consolidation of FIST and pro-FIST former- Mediterranean Alliance nations. The Mediterranean Alliance had been declining for several months with a rift growing between Spain and most other Mediterranean countries as they took sides between the Northern Alliance and FIST. By July, the Mediterranean Alliance had effectively ceased to exist and the pro-FIST countries strengthened their ties with the FIST powers but didn't go so far as to join the alliance for fear of stalemating the game.
In mid-August, talks between the leaders of FIST and these Mediterranean nations began to form their own alliance to counteract ATLANTIS. The alliance became a reality only after the publication of the Atlantis Treaty. The original Atlantis plan was to create an alliance where small countries could be protected from imperialistic nations. But this did not happen. Atlantis became an alliance between the largest nations of the world. This created unrest between the nations of the new world and within the member nations of the Atlantis Alliance. But only Brazil refused to sign the treaty, as it violated the Brazilians ideals about peaceful existence within the new world. This leads Brazil to contact FIST representative Alan Gordon that immediately contacts all friendly nations. After 36 hours of intensive and continuous debate the Charter was created and posted on August 27, 2008, Day 281 of the New World and signed by member nations over the following few days.
Two military conflicts tested the new alliance within days of its formation. On August 27, presumed PEACE protectorate Mexico attacked Spain as part of a failed Spanish political takeover that had been ongoing throughout the month of August. PEACE rushed to the aid of the local population and due to the quick thinking of PEACE strategists that instructed PEACE forces to use Portugal to isolate the Spanish and Mexican Territories, the conflict was adverted. On August 29, Romania, seeking to expand its borders, invaded Hungary before their MPPs with any PEACE nations could be finalized. PEACEKeepers, many of them fresh out of the Mexican conflict, were rushed to the defense of Hungary.
Later in the 7th day of July 2009, Philippines became an official member of to the global Community.
On November 11th 2009, Italy became the first Member Nation of PEACE to leave the Alliance. One Major Reason for this was due to them being PTO'd by Croatia, and instead of PEACE sending Mobile Voters to fend off the PTO, they chose (Although They Failed) to PTO Canada. There are other smaller reasons for the split, but all that matters is that the Italians have withdrawn their Membership.
On November 13th 2009, Indonesia left PEACE GC upon declaring war on Malaysia followed by the conquest of Southern Thailand. Other PEACE members did not support Indonesia's war declaration on Malaysia because Malaysia is a neutral nation, which resulted in Indonesia's decision to leave PEACE GC.
On November 16th 2009, Hungary left PEACE GC.
On November 18th, 2009, Argentina and France, two of the remaining active members of PEACE GC, declared an amendment to the PEACE charter in light of the political situation. With the departure of major military contributing PEACE members, a de facto dissolution of the alliance is under way and accelerated with Hungary's invasion of Burgenland, Austria.
On November 19th 2009, Estonia left PEACE GC.
On November 22nd 2009, Lithuania left PEACE GC.
On January 2nd 2010, France left PEACE GC.
Dissolution of PEACE
Because of the rate that major countries were leaving PEACE, one of the alliance's official newspapers declared the alliance disbanded on November 19th, 2009 on the grounds that PEACE had became complacent, lost sight of what was important to it and let its organisation falter as a result. The disbandment was later denied by official French sources , which also said that a new charter was in the works.
Greece left the Global Community on 19 February 2009 when ATLANTIS troops assisted Greek partisans in freeing Greece from Turkish dominance.
Italy withdrew on 11 November 2009. Two days later, on 13 November, Indonesia withdrew from PEACE. Three days after Indonesia's departure, Hungary followed suit and left the alliance on 16 November. The next day, Iran, Latvia, Russia, Serbia, and Turkey announced their withdrawals from PEACE. Estonia left two days later on 19 November. On 20 November, Chile, Portugal, and Slovenia left the alliance. Germany and the United Kingdom left the alliance on 21 November. Lithuania left the alliance on 22 November Brazil and the United Netherlands withdrew on 23 November. Colombia and Paraguay left the alliance on 24 November after their congresses decided not to sign the revised charter
France, one of the few remaining nations most interested in the continued existence of PEACE, formed the Entente with Italy and Ukraine on December 15, 2009, effectively ending the PEACE Global Community.
Global Security Council
The Global Security Council was the administrative body of the Global Community, consisting of a single Representative and two Advisory Representatives from each member nation. Each nation's Representative was usually its President, but Presidents may have choose an Acting Representative to serve as a Representative for any reason. Additionally, each member nation may have also appointed two people to serve as Advisory Representatives, who were privy to all discussions held in the Security Council but not able to vote on issues.
The Security Council and, through the Council, the alliance as a whole, was led by an elected Secretary-General or Secretaries-General. The Secretary-General served as a spokesperson for the alliance and was the ultimate commander of the PEACEKeepers, the alliance's military force.
|1||28 Aug. '08 – 14 Oct. '08||Greece||Nicolae Carpathia|
|2||15 Oct. '08 – 1 Jan. '09||France||Matthieu Bonne|
|3||2 Jan. '09 – 31 Jan. '09||Pakistan||GLaDOS|
|4||1 Feb. '09 – 4 Feb. '09||France||Matthieu Bonne (Interim)|
|5||5 Feb. '09 – 20 Feb. '09||Bulgaria||bimba|
|6||21 Feb. '09 – 9 Mar. '09||Portugal||Arthk (Interim)|
|7||10 Mar. '09 – 9 Jun. '09||Italy||zocky|
|8||10 Jun. '09 – 18 Jul. '09||Portugal||Arthk|
|9||19 Jul. '09 – 24 Aug. 09||France||Matthieu Bonne|
|10||25 Aug. 09 - 6. Sept. 09||Bulgaria||chukcha|
|11||7. Sept. 09 - 19. Nov. 09||Portugal||Arthk (Interim)|
Other people involved in PEACE administration included:
|Supreme Commander||Feherlofia Koppany||Hungary|
|War Games Organizer||Kurzemes Karalis Kristaps||Latvia|
|Media Mogul Medal Program Organizer||Dasein||Argentina|
The PEACE GC charter is the main piece of legislative used to govern the PEACE.
|“ The Security Council shall have the power to raise an Army of the PEACE Global Community consisting of soldiers from each Member's military. ”|
(Charter of the PEACE Global Community, Clause 7.1)
The Global Community PEACEKeeping Force (also known as the PEACEKeepers) was the official army of the Global Community. They were the multinational armed forces consisting of soldiers from all member nations.
Relations with ATLANTIS and EDEN
Relations between the Global Community and its rival alliance, ATLANTIS, had been strained since the inception of the Global Community. PEACEKeepers fought against Spanish soldiers in Mexico during the Ibero-American war to prevent Spain from advancing into Mexican territory. Two days after the Charter was signed by all member nations, Romania moved to declare war on Hungary in what would become World War I.
After an armistice was called in World War I, relations between the two alliances normalized somewhat. The Global Community opened the Department of Diplomatic Affairs and invited ATLANTIS officials, including American diplomats ThisGenMedia and Emerick, Argentinian kurtkbain, and Spanish diplomat Meiko, to visit and negotiate with the PEACE Security Council.
EDEN were also opposed to PEACE due to their popularly-accepted position as ATLANTIS' successor.
War of Spanish Aggression
On August 27, soldiers of the fledgling alliance travelled to Mexico to protect the country from a Spanish political coup. While Spain had their hands full with PEACEKeeping Forces and the local Mexican population, Portugal swooped in and solidified Portuguese control of the Mexican beachhead, blocking Mexican and Spanish access alike to the country. Portugal quickly made peace with Mexico, preventing the Spanish from organizing from within Mexico to attack Portugal.
World War I
Romania attacked Hungary on August 29, at a time when they felt would be the best at any point in the near future, as Hungary didn't yet have MPPs set up with many PEACE powers and those it did have MPPs with they believed to be tired from the war in Mexico. Despite this, hundreds of PEACEkeepers, many of them fresh out of Mexico, came to the aid of Hungary and overwhelmingly crushed the initial offensive. The war was eventually halted after Romania made inroads into Hungary due to overwhelming problems caused by bugs. biased
Attempted Romanian coup in Bulgaria
In September 2008, PEACE member nation Bulgaria was tipped off to a number of Romanians, including former President of Ireland Victor Petrescu, who had moved to cities around Bulgaria. In response, Bulgarian President krembo called upon the Security Council for help. Secretary-General Carpathia ordered PEACEKeepers to move to Bulgaria to counter the Romanian influx. Romanian President Alex Craciun, in a communiqué sent to krembo, said that the Romanian presence was to thwart a perceived goon presence, despite the fact that krembo had asked for goon assistance in preventing the Romanian takeover.
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/the-end-of-an-era1-1039974/1/20 The end of an era
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-en-fr-peacegc-isn-t-dissolved-eaustria-vs-ehungary-1040092/1/20 Peace isn't dissolved
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/la-france-dans-l-emonde-informations-et-id-es-re-ues-1041007/1/20 La France dans l'eMonde: informations et idées reçues
- http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/User:VSkyzv/Library/Revised_Charter_of_PEACE_GC Revised Charter of PEACE GC
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/adieu-peace-goodbye-peace-adios-peace-addio-peace-auf-wiedersehen-peace-1028412/1/20 Adieu PEACE/Goodbye PEACE/Adios PEACE/Addio PEACE/Auf Wiedersehen PEACE
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-with-pride-honor-and-tears-indonesia-to-say-goodbye-from-peacegc--1030808/1/20 [WITH PRIDE, HONOR, AND TEARS] INDONESIA TO SAY GOODBYE FROM PEACEgc!
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-emagyar-k-zl-ny-emagyarorsz-g-hivatalos-k-zlem-nye-a-peace-b-l-val-kil-p-sr-l-1037044/1/20 eMagyarország hivatalos közleménye a PEACE-ből való kilépésről / eHungary quits PEACE GC
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-erussia-and-peace-ru-en-1037607/1/20 еРоссия и ПИС, eRussia and PEACE RU/EN
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-eiran-s-gov-goodbye-peace-1037647/1/20 Goodbye PEACE
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/esrbija-napusta-peace-eserbia-leaves-peace--1037937/1/20 eSrbija napusta PEACE!/eSerbia leaves PEACE!
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/peace-e-elveda-farewell-to-peace-1038294/1/20 Peace'e Elveda / Farewell to PEACE
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/latvija-izst-jas-no-peace-latvia-withdraws-from-peace-1038344/1/20 Latvija izstājas no PEACE / Latvia withdraws from PEACE
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/eesti-astub-peace-gc-st-v-lja-estonia-resign-from-peace-gc-1041665/1/20 Eesti astub PEACE GC-st välja / Estonia resign from PEACE GC
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/chile-y-peace-gc-1043506/1/20 Chile y PEACE GC
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/eportugal-leaves-peace-gc-1043508/1/20 ePortugal leaves PEACE-GC
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/slovenia-zapu-a-peace-gc-1043578/1/20 Slovenia zapušča PEACE GC
- http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/at-mais-peace-farewell-peace-1048413/1/20 Até mais PEACE | Farewell PEACE
Announcements from the Secretary-General
- 26 August - Statement Regarding the Mexican Situation by the PEACE Global Security Council
- 27 August - PEACE Global Security Council Issues Statement to Government of Spain
- 28 August - PEACE Global Community Secretary-General Nicolae Carpathia condemns President and Congress of Romania
- 30 August - PEACEKeepers and Hungarian citizens disappear in middle of Romanian attack
- 12 September - Secy-Gen Nicolae Carpathia comments on United States situation
- 26 September - Disclosure of PEACEKeeping Operations
- 28 September - Ascension of the United Mexican States to the PEACE Global Community
|Active game alliances||Major alliances||Asteria • Pacifica|
|Minor alliances||Nebula • Orion|