The Netherlands is a medium-sized country in the North-West of Europe. The Netherlands originally consists out of 4 regions, named after the 4 directions of the wind (Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Netherlands). It borders with 6 regions of 4 foreign countries. It has a small but active population. The Netherlands had been on and off the map since 2011 due to the location of a historic Oil resource in the Western Netherlands, which used to be a keen interest by Poland. Since the resource shuffle, the Netherlands is now standing pretty steady on the world map as the oil resource was removed from the region of Western Netherlands and replaced by iron, fish and sand. At this moment, The Netherlands are renting their resources to Canada and Spain.
The community is diverse, consisting of many RL-Dutch, followed by multiple people from abroad. The Dutch community has generally been seen as an international orientated country, given the fact the English language is almost exclusively used in media and day-to-day communication.
Government articles in newspapers and international messages are always written in English.
The Netherlands was a founding member of the Mediterranean Alliance , PEACE and the Phoenix alliance systems and often delivered prominent citizens into high-ranking positions within those organisations. The Netherlands formed for almost a year a union together with Belgium called the United Netherlands. The Netherlands joined GEA late 2011 and in 2012 the Netherlands was accepted as a full member of EDEN which it left begin of 2013. December of 2015 it joined Orion, where it is member until today.
|Western Netherlands||Amsterdam||136 ▲|
|Southern Netherlands||None||Maastricht||49 ▲|
|Eastern Netherlands||None||Arnhem||54 ▲|
|Northern Netherlands||None||Groningen||61 ▲|
The currency of the Netherlands is the Dutch Guilder or Nederlandse Gulden (NLG)
This country doesn't have any trading embargoes at the moment.
The law is determined by a majority vote in Congress. The leading law is the constitution. An overview of all laws can be found in the Lawbook of the Netherlands, managed by the Chairman of Congress on the appropriate wiki page.
- Please also see the category: Historical Parties of Netherlands
|Logo||Party Name||Initials||Members||Political Stance||Party President|
|Revolution et Libertas||ReL||19||Center-Right, Libertarian|
|Democratisch Nederland||DemNL||19||Center-Left, Libertarian|
|Iron & Wine||I&W||12||Center-right, Libertarian||odan|
|Geuzen Partij Nederland||GPN||8||Far-right, Authoritarian|
|Verenigd Nederland||VN||8||Center-Right, Libertarian|
|De Tegenpartij||3||Center-Right, Anarchist|
Last updated: 26th of May 2019
The legislative chamber of the country is also referred to as Congress or Parliament. It debates on laws and other proposals.
The Congress of the Netherlands is the highest legislative body. With a 66% percent majority, Congress can change anything. (In order to amend the constitution, two votes needs to be held in two consecutive terms).
In the Netherlands, the Congress debates are public to all citizens, made through the articles released by UNL Binnenhof newspapers (with the exception of private or sensitive matters, which are solved via Congress mass messages). Voting is done in Congress mass messages, the results of the vote are published in articles released by UNL Binnenhof newspapers. Every citizen of the Netherlands may participate in public Congress debates, however only Congress-members may vote on proposals. The Congress is managed by the Chairman of Congress and his deputy, they manage the debates (opening and closing debates and votes, tame the incidental flamewar)
Role of the President in the Netherlands
- The Country President (CP) is the formal head of state, government and military, although the President’s powers are limited by the constitutional and congressional legal order of the Netherlands.
- The President resides in Het Catshuis where he publishes in the .
- For an overview of all the Dutch presidents and the historical roles see Presidential History of Netherlands
- The Country President is the formal head of state, government and military.
- The Government consists of the President, vice-President, Ministers and Advisors
- The Government is responsible for the daily management of the Netherlands.
- The Government is formed after the Country President Elections by the Country President.
Country President & Vice President
Representative of our country both in the eNetherlands and abroad. Manages the government of the eNetherlands, and is the head executive of eDutch Foreign Policy (declaring war e.g.) & eDutch Armed Forces. The Vice President is a supportive role, it's tasks based or limited by the President's willing.
Ministry of Home Affairs
An interior ministry is a government ministry typically responsible for policing, emergency management, national security, supervision of local governments, conduct of elections, public administration and immigration matters. The ministry is often headed by a Minister of the Interior or a Minister of Home Affairs.
- Obligatory Tasks: Investigating and accepting/refusing citizenship applications in the Security Council of Immigration.
- Optional Tasks: Investigating population numbers and Political Take-Over dangers; informing citizens about the Government (updates e.g.).
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
A Minister of Foreign Affairs, or foreign minister, is a cabinet minister who helps form the foreign policy of a sovereign state. The foreign minister is often regarded as the most senior ministerial position below that of the head of government (prime minister or president).
- Obligatory Tasks: Representing the eNetherlands on eRepublik Channels; representative to alliances/treaties/organisations.
- Optional Tasks: Informing citizens about Foreign Affairs; establishing (personal) contacts with other Country Presidents and MoFA's.
Ministry of Defence
The title Defence Minister, also known as Minister of Defence, Minister for Defence, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of National Defense or some similar variation, is assigned to the person in a cabinet position in charge of a Ministry of Defence, which regulates the armed forces in some sovereign nations. The minister usually has a very important role in a cabinet.
- Obligatory Tasks: Coordinating the Military Units of the eNetherlands; setting battle priorities.
- Optional Tasks: Informing citizens about Defence (Battle Orders); Handing out supplies; organizing events.
Ministry of Finances
The finance minister is an executive or cabinet position in a government in charge of one or more of government finances, economic policy and financial regulation.
- Obligatory Tasks: Setting a budget for the Government; Managing the Congress and Country President Tax; Informing Congress about financial transfers.
- Optional Tasks: Informing citizens about Finances; 'Manipulating' the Monetary Market.
Advisors are older and experienced citizens who are not tasked with any specific tasks, but yet take part in the government by giving advice and sometimes functioning as representative to foreign entities, or an intermediary in internal affairs.
- Obligatory Tasks: None.
- Optional Tasks: Giving advice; representing the eNetherlands.
- For an overview of all the Dutch Governments see Governmental History of Netherlands
The Armed Forces of the Netherlands consist of one Military unit called Dutch Armed Forces, who is officially supported by the Dutch state. They are directly operated from the Dutch Ministry of Defense and the President.
Wars and Conflict
The Netherlands currently have a training war with Poland and Estonia.
Currently, the Netherlands is a member of the Orion alliance.
The Netherlands often delivered prominent citizens into high-ranking positions within these organisations:
- Founding member of Mediterranean Alliance - disbanded July 2008
- Founding member of PEACE - Netherlands withdrew 23 November 2009 together with Brazil after many other countries left already
- Founding member of Phoenix - disbanded February 2011
- Member of GEA - 11 December 2011 - 23 June 2012 as an EDEN trial-member
- Member of - EDEN 24 June 2012 - 16 February 2013
- Member of - Orion December 2015 - Current
The Netherlands has mutual protection pacts with the following nation(s):
|Regions of Netherlands|
Current Countries - Conquered Countries